Confirmed Trade: [ARI/NJD] Taylor Hall (50%), Speers for c. 1st, Cond. Pick, Kevin Bahl, Nate Schnaar & Nick Merkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Ouch, they are 7-9-1 since the Hall acquisition, being outscored 58-51 in those games. They were 19-12-4 before the acquisition, with 97 GF and 84 GA.

That's a 2.40 GA/GP before Hall, and a 3.41 GA/GP after Hall.

Devils are 9-8-2 since they began scratching Hall before the trade.

Arizona was riding lightning on unsustainably hot goaltending before the Hall addition. They have come back down to earth is all.

Reactions: thethinglonger

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Ouch, they are 7-9-1 since the Hall acquisition, being outscored 58-51 in those games. They were 19-12-4 before the acquisition, with 97 GF and 84 GA.

I know you have your dumb agenda to push but Hall has hardly played with Kuemper. Let's use some common sense

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Since you like stats, what is the record with Keumper healthy? Coyotes will be fine once they get their starter back, like the majority of teams.

Reactions: hmc1987

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Probably teams not taking the Devils that seriously has something to do it?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm personally shocked that Arizona started bleeding goals against (and subsequently losing more games) since this trade.

:sarcasm:
I would trade OEL and Keller for Hall in an instant. Hall is the best player I’ve seen in a Coyotes uniform in the last twenty years, and I’ve been a fan of the team since 1996. He’s so much better than any player on the team it’s not even close. He’s twice the player our next best is. He’s been so, so good for us.

I’d trade OEL for a 7th round pick just to clear the capspace and the captaincy to give to Hall if that was required. I’d be thrilled if the team named him captain and gave him an 8 year 88 million dollar contract.

Unfortunately for me, the rest of our team is trash and he likely wouldn’t stay here for any amount of money.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Are you under the impression that Hall took over for Kuemper in goal when Kuemper got hurt? That’s Adin H-I-LL not Taylor H-A-L-L

That 7-9-1 would have been 2-14-1 without Hall.

The team is imploding. He’s the only guy playing hard and creating chances.

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
Arizona was riding lightning on unsustainably hot goaltending before the Hall addition. They have come back down to earth is all.
they've lost the best starter in the nhl due to injury around the time they acquired hall. if kuemper didn't obtain an injury, arizona would've been higher in the standings

Reactions: _Del_ and Kingsfan1

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia

Nah, the Hall resigning was a burden on everyone. Will he sign, won't he sign...

Wish him the best(think he has his eyes set on a certain team or two in Free Agency), but him leaving has really helped Nico Hischier blossom and become an excellent player/leader for the Devils. A lot of the guys would just default to Hall, now they're expected to be the guys and drive play.

Also have been getting better goaltending/structure from coaching staff outside of our dreadful powerplay

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
No lottery protection?

The pick is only top 3 protected, so Arizona would have to win the lottery for the pick to slide.

Likely Devils realizing the ownership gave up on this season and that they're not going to make it, so playing somewhat stress free hockey.

Arizona just becoming the team that actually are.

I doubt it. Individually they're under quite a bit of pressure to improve. Especially guys like Subban, Zacha, and Wood that are massively underperforming.

That's always possible, though I do think there has been some real improvement in the team's play since the Hall trade. Not to suggest that Hall was hurting the team, but I do think the situation became a bad distraction.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Didn't say they weren't, but they still aren't playing as well as they were when Kuemper was healthy. I don't think anyone can deny that

Arizona is in a small cluster of teams that are hanging around the wild card cutoff and are all playing terrible hockey right now (Winnipeg, Vegas, Nashville). I have to imagine 1 or 2 of them will improve and make the playoffs. I have no idea if Arizona will be one of those teams, but right now the 2nd wildcard is on pace for like 90 points. I don't think that's going to hold to the end of the season.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Are you under the impression that Hall took over for Kuemper in goal when Kuemper got hurt? That’s Adin H-I-LL not Taylor H-A-L-L

That 7-9-1 would have been 2-14-1 without Hall.

The team is imploding. He’s the only guy playing hard and creating chances.

One of the unsung stars in this league.
Fun fact, he'd had 10 more points than any other Coyotes in terms of PPG in the same amount of game for them. Whoever gets Hall this summer, if they have other good players, is going to be really, really good.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Losing Kuemper really hurt them too, he was on fire for them and the Raanta/Hill tandem hasn't been enough, especially Raanta

I forgot about that.

Is he back soon ?

Having the West being atrocious will help them keep the playoff hope alive while Kuemper recovers

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Arizona is in a small cluster of teams that are hanging around the wild card cutoff and are all playing terrible hockey right now (Winnipeg, Vegas, Nashville). I have to imagine 1 or 2 of them will improve and make the playoffs. I have no idea if Arizona will be one of those teams, but right now the 2nd wildcard is on pace for like 90 points. I don't think that's going to hold to the end of the season.

If Nashville didn't hire Hynes I would say they could easily take that spot, but I do not trust Hynes at all. I think Winnipeg will eventually jump them.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
One of the unsung stars in this league.
Fun fact, he'd had 10 more points than any other Coyotes in terms of PPG in the same amount of game for them. Whoever gets Hall this summer, if they have other good players, is going to be really, really good.

Avalanche, NYR, Carolina, and possibly even Columbus make a competitive offer for Hall's services. Itll probably be an overpay they regret 3 years in tbh

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Chances Hall gets re-dealt this year?

I know Kuemper's been hurt, but this team in front of their goalies have not played great. I really feel like there was a better team dynamic without Hall. They were grinding out wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad