Confirmed Trade: [ARI/NJD] Taylor Hall (50%), Speers for c. 1st, Cond. Pick, Kevin Bahl, Nate Schnaar & Nick Merkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yotes are 2-4 since the trade with 3 straight losses now. Still holding onto 3rd in the pacific but both wild card teams are 1 point behind(WPG has 2 games in hand) and also a few other teams are real close too that are out of playoffs

I was happy to see the Yotes doing well this season and always have a soft spot in my heart for them but I really despised them acquiring Hall. After the trade I predicted they would slowly drop in the standings and by end of January they would be out of a playoff spot.... looks like its slowly happening

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The above made it sound like the Yotes have been getting dominated

Knights were outshot 28-16
Stars were outshot 35-24

they continue doing that... I doubt they continue losing

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yotes are 2-4 since the trade with 3 straight losses now. Still holding onto 3rd in the pacific but both wild card teams are 1 point behind(WPG has 2 games in hand) and also a few other teams are real close too that are out of playoffs

I was happy to see the Yotes doing well this season and always have a soft spot in my heart for them but I really despised them acquiring Hall. After the trade I predicted they would slowly drop in the standings and by end of January they would be out of a playoff spot.... looks like its slowly happening
Why despise them for the trade?

Anyway, when you predicted their fall was that before or after their Vezina calibre goalie went down with an injury?

Reactions: My3Sons and mouser

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Neither Hall or Shero are giving any actual insight into what transpired between them leading up to the trade. I think this speaks volumes. While what Ferris said was rather innocuous, he never said anything like this in the years that Hall's UFA saga was hanging over the Devils. Hall is a Coyote for 48 hours and now Ferris is a glass half full optimist all the sudden. Clear to me that indicates Hall had zero interest/intention of being a Devil long term, and I don't blame him. I'm disappointed absolutely... but I dont blame him.
I am thrilled Hall is gone. IMO what speaks volumes is that the Devils did not offer Hall a contract in the offseason. They also acquired a potential Hall replacement (Gusev) and kept Boqvist with the team despite having no real plan as to how to get him minutes with skill players. IMO Hall did nothing early in the season to warrant a long term 12% of cap or so contract and the Devils will not be in the playoff hunt so they did the smart thing and traded Hall.

“It seems like both sides are OK with going into camp and into the season without a new contract," Hall said. "It’s really only in the last few years where there’s this whole paranoia about players playing the last season of their contract. So, we have a lot of time. I’m coming off a season where I played 33 games. I think, from the Devils’ perspective and maybe from Ray’s -- I don’t want to speak for him -- but I think they want to see me play and see how I do and see how I fit in with the team and I’m just as excited to see that as well.”

Here’s what Devils’ Taylor Hall, Ray Shero said about forward’s contract talks

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
I am thrilled Hall is gone. IMO what speaks volumes is that the Devils did not offer Hall a contract in the offseason. They also acquired a potential Hall replacement (Gusev) and kept Boqvist with the team despite having no real plan as to how to get him minutes with skill players. IMO Hall did nothing early in the season to warrant a long term 12% of cap or so contract and the Devils will not be in the playoff hunt so they did the smart thing and traded Hall.

“It seems like both sides are OK with going into camp and into the season without a new contract," Hall said. "It’s really only in the last few years where there’s this whole paranoia about players playing the last season of their contract. So, we have a lot of time. I’m coming off a season where I played 33 games. I think, from the Devils’ perspective and maybe from Ray’s -- I don’t want to speak for him -- but I think they want to see me play and see how I do and see how I fit in with the team and I’m just as excited to see that as well.”

Here’s what Devils’ Taylor Hall, Ray Shero said about forward’s contract talks

This is fair. I'm not going to go back and look for it but I was here posting about how the Devils should offer Hall to Colorado for the #4 at the draft. Full summer and season and maybe that would have been worth it to Colorado for a Byram that was not their property yet and they didnt have a relationship with. Just speculation, who knows, but I'm saying that because I agree that moving on was right move - Still dont think this package was what they shoudl have come away with.

Shero managed the situation. Hall and his situation became, quickly it seems, a poison pill to this team and locker room. Shero let that happen while gloating about putting Hughes locker next to Hall's which resulted in the kid would have an up close view of the star player who didnt want to be in NJ. Further, Shero waited to fire Hynes and now that it seems the team has some life, its only enough life to crush their draft position - its too late for a realistic playoff push now.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Stars were outshot 35-24

That is what we thought about the Hurricanes for the Peters’ years but it did.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
This is fair. I'm not going to go back and look for it but I was here posting about how the Devils should offer Hall to Colorado for the #4 at the draft. Full summer and season and maybe that would have been worth it to Colorado for a Byram that was not their property yet and they didnt have a relationship with. Just speculation, who knows, but I'm saying that because I agree that moving on was right move - Still dont think this package was what they shoudl have come away with.

Shero managed the situation. Hall and his situation became, quickly it seems, a poison pill to this team and locker room. Shero let that happen while gloating about putting Hughes locker next to Hall's which resulted in the kid would have an up close view of the star player who didnt want to be in NJ. Further, Shero waited to fire Hynes and now that it seems the team has some life, its only enough life to crush their draft position - its too late for a realistic playoff push now.

Yeah, I'm sure Colorado was ready to trade the 4th overall pick for a guy that hadn't played a game since his knee surgery. Here's your post, Colorado fans told you to pound sand.

Rumor: - Taylor Hall not interested in Devils extension

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

Just to finish this up, the main thing I wanted to do was correct you comments that the Devils were desperately trying to re sign Hall when all the evidence is that they did not ever make him an offer. If you desperately want to re sign someone you make them an offer. Your acting like it was an organizational failure that he did not re sign is not accurate IMO.

They are not going to make the playoffs but the main reasons are not that difficult to correct. Hall and Schneider were 2 big reasons for the disappointing start IMO. Hall is gone and Schneider only has 2 years left on his deal. Blackwood is developing nicely IMO and the Devils have the cap space to sign a back up goalie. We have changed coaches and the young players will be one year closer to their prime producing years next year. You seem to value this year a lot more than I did. I thought they would be a bubble team and they will come up short of that. No big deal IMO. Nothing has happened this year that makes me pessimistic long term. IMO signing Hall to what I have consistently stated that I believe will be a contract he will be under performing sooner rather than later is a positive development, not a negative one.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah, I'm sure Colorado was ready to trade the 4th overall pick for a guy that hadn't played a game since his knee surgery. Here's your post, Colorado fans told you to pound sand.

Rumor: - Taylor Hall not interested in Devils extension

The point of me bringing that up is that Shero has midhandled this season by waiting too long on BOTH the coach and the trade.

As I clearly said in my post "Just speculation, who knows". Not saying Colorado would have done the deal, saying I was a proponent of trading him back in summer, so as to say its not revisionist history.

The Devils season has been lost and it is a direct result of the coaching situation, the Hall situation and the goaltending situation - all of which Shero either did not address or waited too long to address.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Just to finish this up, the main thing I wanted to do was correct you comments that the Devils were desperately trying to re sign Hall when all the evidence is that they did not ever make him an offer. If you desperately want to re sign someone you make them an offer. Your acting like it was an organizational failure that he did not re sign is not accurate IMO.

They are not going to make the playoffs but the main reasons are not that difficult to correct. Hall and Schneider were 2 big reasons for the disappointing start IMO. Hall is gone and Schneider only has 2 years left on his deal. Blackwood is developing nicely IMO and the Devils have the cap space to sign a back up goalie. We have changed coaches and the young players will be one year closer to their prime producing years next year. You seem to value this year a lot more than I did. I thought they would be a bubble team and they will come up short of that. No big deal IMO. Nothing has happened this year that makes me pessimistic long term. IMO signing Hall to what I have consistently stated that I believe will be a contract he will be under performing sooner rather than later is a positive development, not a negative one.

I dont remember saying that the devils were desperately trying to sign Hall. If I did I dont remeber it.

But regardles sof if they were trying or not, it was clear to most that he was not signing, and my thesis is that with that being the case, Shero waited too long to resolve the situation.

I attribute this seasons failures to 3 main things: Coaching situation, Hall situation and Goaltending. Shero either waited too long to or address or did not address at all from that list. Being that they are playing well now (small sample), this seems even more glaring.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Stars were outshot 35-24

What? VGK outshot Arizona 36-28 last Saturday.
The score was very indicative of how the game went.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

Now they have 2straight wins? Looks like it ain't gonna happen. Hjmarlsson will be back in a week or 2, Kuemper around the all star break.

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Hall has been great for AZ so far, no issue whatsoever. It will just take a bit of time for the rest of the roster to catch up with such high and unusual level of skill for the club.
That is good to hear. As you can tell I am not the biggest Hall fan for the Devils given where the Devils are in their rebuild and the composition of the rest of the roster, but for you guys he could really help come playoff time. As any Devils fan can tell you, when he is on his game he can carry a team. If you guys are getting good goal tending and Hall gets hot come playoff time your team could do some damage. This could turn into a win - win type of trade.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Devils are an absolute tire fire franchise at this point. Hughes and Hischier don’t look great and they were #1 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad