Confirmed Trade: [ARI/FLA] Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, and 2024 2nd round pick for 2023 7th round pick

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yotes fans are gonna like Kolyachonok. Good size, phenomenal skater, very solid and mature two-way game, physical, he was playing top pairing minutes in the khl for a stretch last year as a 20 year old. I had him 5th in what is a pretty strong Panthers prospect pool. It's a shame to lose him, but cap room had to be cleared.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't follow, I live in Mesa and took up hockey as a grown man at Ocean/Polar (AZICE)/and Ice Den. and the point you gathered from that was the ANTITHESIS of its intent. I do not want this teams existence here, threatened further. And although this draft distracted online forum and NHL21 the video game, find this angle infallible, if you live here in arizona and don't realize the potential ramifications for gutting a struggling franchise further into ENTERTAIMENT OBSCURITY, and the monetary effects in the real world, well, than you are considerably more clueless than that poster you just berated.
I can’t follow anything you’re saying.

rt

May 13, 2004
You don't need a fire sale to be in tank mode. When you fill your roster spots with AHL fodder that makes millions you aren't trying to be competitive. Kessel will be gone soon or at least during the season, Kuemper as well. The pieces they brought in aren't going to return a whole lot later in the year, maybe one of them a 2nd if they play great. It's not a bad strategy if you're not going to be good enough anyway. Seattle isn't thinking like that, they probably think they can be a playoff team with the right free agent or two.
I don’t think Ladd, Beagle or Eriksson will skate a game as a Coyote.

Gostisbehere, Roussel and Stralman aren’t any worse than the players they’re replacing.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yotes might be a decent enough team to not finish in the top five.

Eh maybe they’ll be better than expected because the Pacific isn’t the greatest but I don’t see how they aren’t bottom 5 let alone fighting with Buffalo for the top pick.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Good answer

What do you expect the lines to be there? I think they put Reinhart on Barkov's wing to imitate what he did next to Eichel and also provide a 2nd FO guy

Yeah, basically

Verhaeghe-Barky-Reino
Huby-Bennett-Tippett
Duke-Lundell-Hornqvist
Lomberg/Vatrano-Acciari-Marchment
Luostarinen
Lammikko

Vatrano probably has to be traded for a pick as well to clear more cap

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Eh maybe they’ll be better than expected because the Pacific isn’t the greatest but I don’t see how they aren’t bottom 5 let alone fighting with Buffalo for the top pick.

How has the roster gotten worse? This is a team that didn't finish bottom ten. It's not worse until they do nothing to replace Garland/spend the cash budget they have remaining.

Tocchet isn't the coach anymore to boot.

Reactions: SniperHF

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don’t think Ladd, Beagle or Eriksson will skate a game as a Coyote.

Gostisbehere, Roussel and Stralman aren’t any worse than the players they’re replacing.

I would play Ladd one game but in the 22/23 season, get that free 3rd.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I would play Ladd one game but in the 22/23 season, get that free 3rd.

The condition was corrected. AZ has to buy him out next summer to get the 3rd. Or he just medically retires.

COL)
**Conditions: The pick is not transferred to Arizona if Ladd:
1. Plays in any professional games in 2022-23 while under his current contract, or
2. Retires prior to the conclusion of the 2022-23 regular season

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
I can’t follow anything you’re saying.

Sigh usually youre really on the ball, let me spoon feed you forum veteran
Shame they dont know how to draft lol
You have no idea what you're talking about. Their General Manager is Bill Armstrong. Prior to being hired as Arizona GM, he was the Director of Amateur Scouting for the St. Louis Blues for 10 years. Their Director of Amateur Scouting is Darryl Plandowski, who was the Director of Amateur Scouting for the Tampa Bay Lighting before he took the Arizona job. Neither was able to participate in the 2020 draft. Friday was their first draft. They also just hired Alan Hepple, who was Director of Amateur Scouting for the Colorado Avalanche for twelve year prior to this new position.

You jumped on this man's pointless, but holistically accurate, fly by take. I pointed this out for you.

Then I broke down how I'm skeptical at how the Coyotes still survive as an organization, regardless of how well they doing for a unanimously perfect rebuild, according to HFboards (who as a whole, criminally overrate prospects). Because what people tend to ignore when they see all these nameless, most likely nothingburger, picks are the ENTERTAINMENT DOLLARS leaving a business that struggles perpetually to stay financially afloat in this state, by something as novel as recognition, for instance.

As someone who lives here, plays hockey loves watching hockey and doesn't want to see it go, I absolutely question a trade like OEL and Garland. This isn't EA SPORTS NHL 21, there are real world ramifications to jettisoning such known commodities. Even if, in a vacuum, they couldnt be doing a proverbial "Rebuild" any better.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Then I broke down how I'm skeptical at how the Coyotes still survive as an organization, regardless of how well they doing for a unanimously perfect rebuild, according to HFboards (who as a whole, criminally overrate prospects). Because what people tend to ignore when they see all these nameless, most likely nothingburger, picks are the ENTERTAINMENT DOLLARS leaving a business that struggles perpetually to stay financially afloat in this state, by something as novel as recognition, for instance.

As someone who lives here, plays hockey loves watching hockey and doesn't want to see it go, I absolutely question a trade like OEL and Garland. This isn't EA SPORTS NHL 21, there are real world ramifications to jettisoning such known commodities. Even if, in a vacuum, they couldnt be doing a proverbial "Rebuild" any better.

COVID didn't kill the Coyotes but moving out the overpaid captain everyone is already done with will? Are you for real?

rt

May 13, 2004
Sigh usually youre really on the ball, let me spoon feed you forum veteran

You jumped on this man's pointless, but holistically accurate, fly by take. I pointed this out for you.

Incoherent.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
COVID didn't kill the Coyotes but moving out the overpaid captain everyone is already done with will? Are you for real?
Logically you would have to argue that the Coyotes have completely recovered financially from COVID already, then. Are you for real?

Those affects will reverberate throughout this league for the next 2-3 years, let alone ignoring the higher degree of affect to this franchise and its financial foot print, assuming they make it.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Not sure what everyone's obsession with Francis is? Arizona is clearly in tank mode so they don't care about the actual players they get back just the pieces attached to them. Seattle is going to try to be competitive, even if you don't think the roster is good enough. They have a strong defense and good goaltending. If they get a scoring forward or two along with Berniers that forward group is much better. They haven't wasted cash, roster spots or cap space on useless junk. Sure they don't get to load up on futures but you don't need a ton of draft picks if you scout properly.

Gourde is out for months to start the season. Their #1C will be one of Jarnkrok, McCann or Appleton - the first two having be used mostly at the wings on their former teams. And the FA class for centers is pretty horrid.. They'll have the choice of overpaying Danault or Granlund... Oh and they currently have only 9 NHL forwards under contract... 8 without Gourde.

Their D seems fine for the year (although Giodano will leave a big hole next year, but they can overpay a FA to fill it). Oleksiak's contract is clearly bad and I would worry of more FA signings if I was a Seattle fan.

Their goalies though... "good"? Their #1 has played 38 NHL career games. Their #2 has played... 37 NHL games, all last seasons and Caps fans were not impressed.

All that to say... idk how Arizona is "clearly" in tank mode, but Seattle is supposed to be competitive? They could surprise us, but this is not Vegas at all...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Logically you would have to argue that the Coyotes have completely recovered financially from COVID already, then. Are you for real?

Those affects will reverberate throughout this league for the next 2-3 years, let alone ignoring the higher degree of affect to this franchise and its financial foot print, assuming they make it.

Meruelo is making a bid for a new arena in Tempe and is going to secure one of the sports betting licenses that start this fall. It's not really an issue. Or not any more of an issue than it was before the OEL trade.

Of all the things to be faux concerned about, the Coyotes not looking hot for a few days before free agency starts is a weird hill to die on.

Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5