Confirmed Trade: [ARI/FLA] Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, and 2024 2nd round pick for 2023 7th round pick

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
How did the last THREE Stanley Cup Finals go? Pretty good for Bill Armstrong and Darrly Plandowski or nah? You should back away slowly and exit quietly, man. Don't double-down.

Man, don't get so worked up. Let's see how they do with this ownership before knighting them. The Coyotes haven't shown any reason to believe they'll be serious contenders any time soon. I have family in Scotsdale, I root for the Coyotes. Keith Tkachuk was one of my favorite players.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Yep, the players Arizona added (Ghost, Roussell, Beagle, Stralman) and others (Kessel? Fischer, Larsson, Crouse, Kuemper) have some flip potential at the TDL if they retain 50%. That's even more picks headed their way.

I don't get why Francis is just sitting around. It's one thing to save cap space with the intent of "weaponizing it". It's another to...just do nothing.

Obviously free agency is yet to come, so still lots of time to make moves, but it's a bizarre plan. Unless they're just gonna go on a free agent bonanza.

Looking like free agent bonanza... Or they want to take advantage of teams that go on a free agent bonanza? I guess better deals when there's less teams weaponizing their cap?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
This isn't a big trade, but is there anyway we can stop this trend of just merging actual trades into old rumor threads? It'd be nice to click on a new trade thread and not have to wade through 8 pages of outdated arguments about values to get to where the trade actually happened.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure what everyone's obsession with Francis is? Arizona is clearly in tank mode so they don't care about the actual players they get back just the pieces attached to them. Seattle is going to try to be competitive, even if you don't think the roster is good enough. They have a strong defense and good goaltending. If they get a scoring forward or two along with Berniers that forward group is much better. They haven't wasted cash, roster spots or cap space on useless junk. Sure they don't get to load up on futures but you don't need a ton of draft picks if you scout properly.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Why don't your write John Chayka and Lindsay Hofford a letter? They're about the only people who care. And it couldn't be less relevant to the discussion.
um, his original comment that you 2 tackled him for was extremely relevant to this topic, even though it offers nothing of value and wreaks of platitudinous drivel; like the vast majority of all comments, unfortunately. but it catches my attention because this, of all things, was attacked.

Anyways, coyotes are interesting right now. In the real world, I actually kinda hate what my local team is doing; as I feel they are just furthering digging up the potential of this team being rejected here. But in a vacuum, in NHL21, in an HF boards mentality, they are by far surpassing how to REBUILD. I just don't see how that practically translates, especially in their reality, to keeping this perpetually threatened sport alive in the desert.

Truly is an interesting experiment, but even if all this drafting goes well and translates to developed NHL ready players, do they want to stay here, can the team keep them here, can the team survive financially to even get to that point, how do free agents look at the Island of Misfit Contracts

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
um, his original comment that you 2 tackled him for was extremely relevant to this topic, even though it offers nothing of value and wreaks of platitudinous drivel; like the vast majority of all comments, unfortunately. but it catches my attention because this, of all things, was attacked.

Anyways, coyotes are interesting right now. In the real world, I actually kinda hate what my local team is doing; as I feel they are just furthering digging up the potential of this team being rejected here. But in a vacuum, in NHL21, in an HF boards mentality, they are by far surpassing how to REBUILD. I just don't see how that practically translates, especially in their reality, to keeping this perpetually threatened sport alive in the desert.

Truly is an interesting experiment, but even if all this drafting goes well and translates to developed NHL ready players, do they want to stay here, can the team keep them here, can the team survive financially to even get to that point, how do free agents look at the Island of Misfit Contracts
Buried the lede. That was a lot of words to say you just don’t like that Phoenix has an NHL team. Wow. Blue waters, here.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not sure what everyone's obsession with Francis is? Arizona is clearly in tank mode so they don't care about the actual players they get back just the pieces attached to them. Seattle is going to try to be competitive, even if you don't think the roster is good enough. They have a strong defense and good goaltending. If they get a scoring forward or two along with Berniers that forward group is much better. They haven't wasted cash, roster spots or cap space on useless junk. Sure they don't get to load up on futures but you don't need a ton of draft picks if you scout properly.
They’ve traded Hill, OEL and Garland. One is a backup goalie. Another an aging, declining blueliner with a boat-anchor contract. Finally, Garland. That one is tough. No doubt. They got Dylan Guenther for him. It’s very possible they sign a decent UFA wing.

The only meaningful piece that’s gone so far is Garland. I’m not seeing the fire sale. I’m seeing a bunch of free assets. Maybe the fire sale is coming. But so far I see one good player gone.

Reactions: abo9

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
This isn't a big trade, but is there anyway we can stop this trend of just merging actual trades into old rumor threads? It'd be nice to click on a new trade thread and not have to wade through 8 pages of outdated arguments about values to get to where the trade actually happened.
Definitely 2nd this, and if its not too much to ask have the rumor linked in the new post in case I would like prior context.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They’ve traded Hill, OEL and Garland. One is a backup goalie. Another an aging, declining blueliner with a boat-anchor contract. Finally, Garland. That one is tough. No doubt. They got Dylan Guenther for him. It’s very possible they sign a decent UFA wing.

The only meaningful piece that’s gone so far is Garland. I’m not seeing the fire sale. I’m seeing a bunch of free assets. Maybe the fire sale is coming. But so far I see one good player gone.

You don't need a fire sale to be in tank mode. When you fill your roster spots with AHL fodder that makes millions you aren't trying to be competitive. Kessel will be gone soon or at least during the season, Kuemper as well. The pieces they brought in aren't going to return a whole lot later in the year, maybe one of them a 2nd if they play great. It's not a bad strategy if you're not going to be good enough anyway. Seattle isn't thinking like that, they probably think they can be a playoff team with the right free agent or two.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Stralman retained 50% to Vancouver for 2025 3rd round pick.

Watch it comes out as the only reason OEL accepted a trade to Vancouver, is if Stralman comes too.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Buried the lede. That was a lot of words to say you just don’t like that Phoenix has an NHL team. Wow. Blue waters, here.
I don't follow, I live in Mesa and took up hockey as a grown man at Ocean/Polar (AZICE)/and Ice Den. and the point you gathered from that was the ANTITHESIS of its intent. I do not want this teams existence here, threatened further. And although this draft distracted online forum and NHL21 the video game, find this angle infallible, if you live here in arizona and don't realize the potential ramifications for gutting a struggling franchise further into ENTERTAIMENT OBSCURITY, and the monetary effects in the real world, well, than you are considerably more clueless than that poster you just berated.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yotes just eating up salary and cap is actually very interesting to me

Cap has never mattered, it's all about cash expenditure. Trading Garland and OEL saved like $6m right off the bat. They're around $50m right now based on my fuzzy math, with 15-18m in space, not counting Stralman.

A lot of the guys they are targeting are owed little in cash and/or have had their bonuses paid. Or are insured.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
C496F983-E76A-41E2-B4B5-FC7C4675F4A4.jpeg

Welcome to the Coyotes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad