Confirmed Trade: [ARI/FLA] Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, and 2024 2nd round pick for 2023 7th round pick

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Arizona, just. Man. I feel almost bad for you.
I don’t. I felt bad for them when Chayka was spending all their assets to not make the playoffs. Bill Armstrong has come in with a bare cupboard and is doing a great job stock piling draft capital. 3 2nds this year and next and will likely add more draft picks for cap dumps and possibly a Garland trade.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I was thinking this could be a move. Florida has a lot of defenceman, Arizona has very few.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
We were talking about this on the Florida board.
I'll believe it when I see it. Stralman has a 16 team ntc, and there's no reason for him to agree to being cast off to disaster area that is the Coyotes. Especially after going from a highly competitive Rangers team, to the Bolts, to a now competitive Panthers team.
Also kind of doubt that the Coyotes would be interested now that they acquired Ladd.

If they really are planning on getting rid of Kuemper and Garland while regularly dressing Ladd and Stralman, then they probably won't even crack 50 points next season.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
It's just embarrassing how they've been the leagues cap scrapyard for the past decade. It's a bad look for the NHL to have a team floundering financially artificially propping up the cap floor with other teams' albatross contracts and LTIR cap hits.

I don't want to see anyone lose their team, but the whole org and ownership in Arizona has been a circus since well before the Jets even came back.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
It's just embarrassing how they've been the leagues cap scrapyard for the past decade. It's a bad look for the NHL to have a team floundering financially artificially propping up the cap floor with other teams' albatross contracts and LTIR cap hits.

I don't want to see anyone lose their team, but the whole org and ownership in Arizona has been a circus since well before the Jets even came back.
Yeah, it's really a shame, the (few) Yotes fans I've interacted with have been very knowledgeable and passionate about the sport.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I don’t. I felt bad for them when Chayka was spending all their assets to not make the playoffs. Bill Armstrong has come in with a bare cupboard and is doing a great job stock piling draft capital. 3 2nds this year and next and will likely add more draft picks for cap dumps and possibly a Garland trade.
Not to mention they got hosed on their 1st and 2nd in the Chayka fiasco.

BA said multiple times hes not in the market of doing a patch job. He said his goal was to build through the draft and do this the right way for once in Arizona, that seems to be what hes doing.

Ownership is finally decent in AZ and this is the first time its a clean sweep of all the bullshit of the past decade. I'd imagine they keep doing what theyre doing. Its not like theyre not spending their own money on these deals like years past.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
If Arizona is going full rebuild would they trade Chychurn for 9th overall and a small cap dump?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Some people seem to have the view that AZ was continually and always doing this cap dump method but the past 3-4 years other than having Hossa on books they haven't done it and had all this cap on their own players trying to win under Chayka. Just without a good method, for a club that needs starpower, tanking to get it would be a better direction

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'll believe it when I see it. Stralman has a 16 team ntc, and there's no reason for him to agree to being cast off to disaster area that is the Coyotes. Especially after going from a highly competitive Rangers team, to the Bolts, to a now competitive Panthers team.
Also kind of doubt that the Coyotes would be interested now that they acquired Ladd.

If they really are planning on getting rid of Kuemper and Garland while regularly dressing Ladd and Stralman, then they probably won't even crack 50 points next season.

I'm sure that is Armstrong's plan. If they can win the lottery and draft Wright, the outlook for the Yotes' future completely changes.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona

Easy Panthers fan. Lets not get too close to that kettle now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad