Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Clayton Keller re-signs with Coyotes (8 Years, $7.15M AAV)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
First two years in the league......

Nylander 2 x 61 point seasons
Keller 1 x 65 pt., 1 x 47 pt. season.

Yes, Nylander is the better player. And he has better stats.
Shrug, are you willing to make this comparison of their first 3 seasons 1 year from now?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No way of know that at all, actually. Woulda, coulda, shoulda means nothing. They're both good players. But Nylander is cheaper, and has better stats.

When you factor in Keller is signed to 8 years that bought out more UFA years, Nylander's contract is less team friendly. Most would pay a miniscule.19M more per season to have the better player locked up for 8 years than a lesser player locked up for 6. And no Nylander doesn't have better stats. Keller had a better rookie year, thus far his career high in points is better, and even in an off year on a much worser offensive team out scored Nylander 47-27. And he doesn't have the benefit of playing with Matthews. You are not convincing anyone.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Was it really that intense of a debate wether or not Keller is a better player than Nylander? Keller puts up 65 and has a down year on a worse team and Nylander puts up 61 and then scored 7 goals and 27 pts in 54 games even when given looks with Matthews. So the whole comparing seasons and bringing up Keller's just shy of 50 point season while still leading his team, you have to include Nylander putting up near the bottom of the top 6 in terms of production with better surroundings. Keller was always the more highly touted youngster for a reason. Both good in their own right though so not trying to hate on Nylander it's just an easy choice.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Thas a lot of tacos

xfqFLzUM5aYy4IluTc0bJNg3X0Y=.gif

Seems like a lot to me, but then again I only watch 2 more Coyotes games a year than I do Dr. Who marathons.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, your post was a meaningless contribution then.

I mean, given the likes it has, clearly some others appreciated the ease of having that number without needing to look it up.

Not sure what your issue is. Try and have a better Friday, mate.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Glad that AZ is building a core. Keller is a good one. Would love to see him w Barz, but they would take turns overpassing.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
All of them. Yes even chayka

Oh really?? Chayka wasn't even a GM when Nylander was drafted.

In 2016, Chayka's first draft, he was ready to take Jacob Chychrun at #7 until Keller fell back into the spot. Then worked the deal with the Red Wings to get Chychrun at #16.

.... and thus an "HF legend" was born...... :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Oh really?? Chayka wasn't even a GM when Nylander was drafted.

In 2016, Chayka's first draft, he was ready to take Jacob Chychrun at #7 until Keller fell back into the spot. Then worked the deal with the Red Wings to get Chychrun at #16.

.... and thus an "HF legend" was born...... :sarcasm:
Stupid things said, get stupid things replied to.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I mean, given the likes it has, clearly some others appreciated the ease of having that number without needing to look it up.

Not sure what your issue is. Try and have a better Friday, mate.

Here, I'll play.

65 points.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Still worried about this eh?

Also, you should say "He had 65 points in his first season". "65 points" on it's own is rather meaningless. Adding context makes it useful.

If you weren't interested you would've left this alone :laugh:

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Keller is signed up for 9 more years!
The season had started already when Nylander finally signed, pretty much wasted the entire season (27 points). 5 more years until UFA.
It appears the Leafs are willing to do that with Marner.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
This is a fair deal for keller. He very well might hit 70 points with kessel on the power play and first line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad