Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Clayton Keller re-signs with Coyotes (8 Years, $7.15M AAV)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Want as few threads as possible. Mods would just put them together. Would they trade Keller?
They shouldn't. Team has given up early (IMO) on several young, talented guys already. Keller is very talented. Team needs to add more talent not trade it away.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
I find that so shocking. I thought for sure this guy was gonna be a ppg player. He's still young so he probably has another level in him, but you can't help but be disappointed in his offensive numbers so far, especially after a 65 point rookie year.
He was so good that rookie year, it's weird that he's lost his mojo.

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I can't see them giving up already. He's still young and talented as hell. Someone just needs to find a way to keep his motor running. He looks disinterested and lackadaisical at times. Put half of Conor Garland's heart in Keller and you have a potential star.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
He was so good that rookie year, it's weird that he's lost his mojo.
His first year he played with more,,,boldness. He'd carry the puck straight to the net, traffic or not. He'd put pucks on net if he didn't have another play. he was like a mini-MacKinnon. Now he stays to the outside and looks around for someone else to do the hard work. Makes me wonder if he took a hit or two that made him scared. But he's definitely not the same player he was in his rookie year.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
True, very much Kings hockey, I agree. People rarely attach importance to that.

But he doesnt separate himself from the rest either (you said he was their scoring leader). Derek Stepan and Vinny Hinostraza missed games last season. Now other players lead the Coyotes. That is why this is being seen as a negative. You have to look at the whole picture.

Soon Keller is getting paid $7M. As fan or team I would like to see more than 15 goals and 30 assists next year.

Huge payday coming up for Matt Barzal.

Reactions: Morrison

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Bergevin should come knocking and try for another Domi for Galchenyuk trade!

Anyways, I don't see Chayka making that mistake again. Fool me once...

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I can't see them giving up already. He's still young and talented as hell. Someone just needs to find a way to keep his motor running. He looks disinterested and lackadaisical at times. Put half of Conor Garland's heart in Keller and you have a potential star.

Do you know a guy? I'll make that phone call.

I dunno. By my math, that would only result in two halfhearted players.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Timidity crept sneakily and silently into his game towards the end of his rookie season. It got its nasty hooks into him like a succubus and has been draining the effectiveness out of his game like blood ever since.

He hasn’t been able to shake it. It’s the monkey on his back that causes him to pass when he should shoot, miss wide open nets high and wide, double clutch on the puck, no look drop to nobody instead of driving the lane, and ceaselessly defer the puck ineffectually on the power play.

He’s shown in flashes he can play in the NHL at near-dominant levels. He absolutely has the skill to do so consistently. By all accounts he puts in the work to make it happen. But for whatever reason, when he hops over those boards, in real games, self-doubt seems to sink in.

I think that he also has some fear in his game. Physical fear. He’s soft. This often causes him to pass up on a direct play, in favor of a fancy play, so long as it takes him out of harm’s way. He might gain the zone with possession and speed, but the D will push him wide. Instead of going into the corner, or behind the net, and fighting to maintain possession, he’ll just chuck the puck into the slot. No-look pass to absolutely nobody. It makes it look like a great skill play. But I really suspect it was just a soft play. He wanted to look like he attempted a high skill play, but really he was just avoiding contact at all costs.

I don’t know what happened to him. I don’t know why he suddenly became such a complete and total wimp. I don’t remember any incident where he got crushed and he hasn’t been badly injured or anything. He had a pair when he came into the league. He played like a man. Then suddenly, he shelled up, and became a complete and total wussy.

Last edited:

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
They shouldn't. Team has given up early (IMO) on several young, talented guys already. Keller is very talented. Team needs to add more talent not trade it away.

Coyotes need to trade Taylor Hall for WHATEVER they can get. Need offensive help BAD

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Timidity crept sneakily and silently into his game towards the end of his rookie season. It got its nasty hooks into him like a succubus and has been draining the effectiveness out of his game like blood ever since.

He hasn’t been able to shake it. It’s the monkey on his back that causes him to pass when he should shoot, miss wide open nets high and wide, double clutch on the puck, no look drop to nobody instead of driving the lane, and ceaselessly defer the puck ineffectually on the power play.

He’s shown in flashes he can play in the NHL at near-dominant levels. He absolutely has the skill to do so consistently. By all accounts he puts in the work to make it happen. But for whatever reason, when he hops over those boards, in real games, self-doubt seems to sink in.

I think that he also has some fear in his game. Physical fear. He’s soft. This often causes him to pass up on a direct play, in favor of a fancy play, so long as it takes him out of harm’s way. He might gain the zone with possession and speed, but the D will push him wide. Instead of going into the corner, or behind the net, and fighting to maintain possession, he’ll just chuck the puck into the slot. No-look pass to absolutely nobody. It makes it look like a great skill play. But I really suspect it was just a soft play. He wanted to look like he attempted a high skill play, but really he was just avoiding contact at all costs.

I don’t know what happened to him. I don’t know why he suddenly became such a complete and total wimp. I don’t remember any incident where he got crushed and he hasn’t been badly injured or anything. He had a pair when he came into the league. He played like a man. Then suddenly, he shelled up, and became a complete and total wussy.

Kyle Dubas reading this:
006c259106d5d1beabae3f6364a332c9.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia