Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Clayton Keller re-signs with Coyotes (8 Years, $7.15M AAV)

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
oh yeah baby, help set the market, harder please.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
If he returns to 60+ points then this will be a good deal. Think he takes a huge step forward this year with Kessel possibly.

Reactions: Joel Ward

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I take it Keller will be playing with Kessel and the GM sees him taking a big step forward? Considering how the young kids are getting paid now doesn't seem too bad. If he does take a step and starts hitting 70 plus points it's a solid deal.

Reactions: Sens

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What’s interesting is the 8 year deal. Arizona is banking on Keller progressing and outproducing his deal.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Risky move that most teams need to take.

It’s not so high that if he remains a ~50pt player it’s not going to ruin the team, but if he progresses to the PPG player we all expected after his rookie year this will look amazing for many years when his comparable are getting $10+M

I like it for Arizona

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Great deal imo. Worst case he’s a 55-60 point guy for next 9 years and it’s a fair (maybe slightly overpaid) AAV as the cap rises. Best case he’s flirting with a p/pg over that same time period and it’s a steal.

Impressive for Arizona to not only get this done but get 8 years as well, and to do it a year in advance on top of that. Kudos.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Risky move that most teams need to take.

It’s not so high that if he remains a ~50pt player it’s not going to ruin the team, but if he progresses to the PPG player we all expected after his rookie year this will look amazing for many years when his comparable are getting $10+M

I like it for Arizona

Yeah it works for Arizona since they don't have cap concerns.

For teams like Toronto, Calgary, Tampa, they can't afford to do this with players

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Great deal imo. Worst case he’s a 60 point guy for next 9 years and it’s a fair AAV as the cap rises. Best case he’s flirting with a p/pg over that same time period and it’s a steal.

Impressive for Arizona to not only get this done but get 8 years as well, and to do it a year in advance on top of that. Kudos.
I agree it is a solid deal, but how is a guy who just scored 47 points someone with a "worst case" of 60 points?...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad