Confirmed Trade: [ARI/CHI] Hossa, Hinostroza, Oesterle, 2019 3rd for Kruger, Entwistle, Maletta, Campbell, 2019 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is an interesting thread.

The Coyotes were already above the cap floor. This was not a cap floor trade. They simply have excess cap space. They used it to acquire an asset (Hinostroza) and some depth (Oesterle).

There are fans from other teams (Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal) with an excess of cap space showing up to lament the inability of their own GMs to capitalize in the same way.

Then there are fans from other teams (Toronto, Edmonton) showing up to lament the existence of the Coyotes because they dared to utilize excess cap room to gain an asset and some depth. Citing the lack of success of the team as proof that they should be oustered from the league altogether. Ironically, the last six years have gone roughly the same for those teams as they have for the Coyotes in terms of results on the ice.

There are even fans of indeterminate loyalty showing up who are just extremely confused by what any of this means and are expressing this confusion with anger.

This has been a very fun little slice of the internet right here. Thanks to everyone for bringing their unique views to this thread. It’s been a pleasure so far.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Chayka wins another trade. Hinostroza looks like a prime breakout player. Love these type of trades for teams that have cap space. I remember Hawks fans saying the same thing about how Teuvo isn't a great player as well and now they look foolish.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Chayka wins another trade. Hinostroza looks like a prime breakout player. Love these type of trades for teams that have cap space. I remember Hawks fans saying the same thing about how Teuvo isn't a great player as well and now they look foolish.

Teuvo was good in Chicago and a difference maker see the Stanley cup finals.

Hinostroza is not that, he’s a fine 5x5 player but he hasn’t shown to be real asset on either special team.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't understand why people hate on Chyaka for these cap moves. He's making the most of what he has and has obtained a ton of assets now without really giving anything up. Sure it's not some high 1st rounder but I don't think teams are giving that up to take on cap.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I cannot wait until 2024 when players like Carey Price are finished and the Canadiens are completely ****** with untradeable asset. 8+ year deals are ridiculous for almost every player.

In 2024, Carey Price will be started the second last year of his contract, will be the exact same age as Henrik Lundqvist is right now (or three years younger than Roberto Luongo) and will be making $7.5 million for that season and his final season. I don't think the armageddon you're looking forward to is going to unfold. In 2024, with the way the cap has been rising, $7.5 million for a veteran goaltender the calibre of Carey Price doesn't seem like much of a problem at all.

Ludqvist is due to make $8.5 million the next three years, so one more year than Price would have on his deal in 2024 and a million *less* per season.... Do you think Henrik is an untradeable asset and a major albatross for the New York Rangers?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I can't believe there are posters here who actually believe Hossa has an equipment allergy and that is why he couldn't play last season. :laugh::laugh:

I can't believe there are posters here who are naive enough to think that the National Hockey League sent in their independent medical examiner to to confirm what the Blackhawks medical staff determined and then the insurance company - who ends up having to pay out millions of dollars - then sent their own independent medical examiner to verify the findings of the Blackhawks staff and the NHL's medical examiner and then all three of those independent parties - all medical doctors - decided to then conspire together to falsify findings for what purpose? To help the Chicago Blackhawks. Keep in mind in the case of the doctor from the insurance company, he or she is conspiring to defraud ... the insurance company.

Your scenario is so sophomoric it's laughable. That you actually believe that this is what happened is so silly it's almost embarrassing.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Your scenario is so sophomoric it's laughable. That you actually believe that this is what happened is so silly it's almost embarrassing.

You're an Alex Jones fan, aren't you?

Wait, so YOU guys actually think that the year his salary goes from 4 mil to 1 mil, and he is 38 years old, that he says he has an "allergy" to equipment he has been wearing since he was four years old is legit?

p.s. Insurance fraud happens all the time every day and really isn't super hard to pull off.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Wait, so YOU actually think that the year his salary goes from 4 mil to 1 mil, and he is 38 years old, that he says he has an "allergy" to equipment he has been wearing since he was four years old is legit?

Do you understand that in order for Hossa to have sit out last season he was checked by three independent medical staffs? If it isn't legit, why did professional doctors hired by the Blackhawks lie about it? Even stranger, why did the doctors the NHL sent to verify the claim also lie about it? And definitely most bizarre, why did the medical staff the insurance company hired to make sure it was a legitimate claim also lie about it causing themselves to pay out millions of dollars?

Can you answer that? If you can't ... what on earth are you talking about?

Also - Seriously, you've never heard of the gunk? This isn't exactly something new to hockey.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Wait, so YOU guys actually think that the year his salary goes from 4 mil to 1 mil, and he is 38 years old, that he says he has an "allergy" to equipment he has been wearing since he was four years old is legit?
no, we actually think he does have the allergy, and decided that he no longer wanted to play through it for a million dollars. He'd rather collect his cheque while sitting on the sidelines.

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

p.s. Insurance fraud happens all the time every day and really isn't super hard to pull off.

You should call the insurance company involved and say there's fraud. I mean you must have some information that they dont have

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

So your theory is that the Blackhawks and the National Hockey League (for reasons only you know I suppose) conspired together to defraud an insurance company who, in turn, hired an incompetent doctor to verify the claim even though millions of dollars hung in the balance?

That's your theory?

Are you serious with this?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So your theory is that the Blackhawks and the National Hockey League (for reasons only you know I suppose) conspired together to defraud an insurance company who, in turn, hired an incompetent doctor to verify the claim even though millions of dollars hung in the balance?

That's your theory?

Are you serious with this?

I think he dropped his iPhone into toilet on purpose to get insurance money to buy a better iPhone. It worked, so getting insurance company to pay few millions to Hossa should be as easy at that.

Reactions: FerrisRox

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
no, we actually think he does have the allergy, and decided that he no longer wanted to play through it for a million dollars. He'd rather collect his cheque while sitting on the sidelines.

Well it all just seems really convenient for everyone involved but if that's the story and people believe it that is their right.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Well it all just seems really convenient for everyone involved but if that's the story and people believe it that is their right.

Looks like the insurance company believed it as well. Care to tell us why they shouldn't have done that?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
This is an interesting thread.

The Coyotes were already above the cap floor. This was not a cap floor trade. They simply have excess cap space. They used it to acquire an asset (Hinostroza) and some depth (Oesterle).

There are fans from other teams (Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal) with an excess of cap space showing up to lament the inability of their own GMs to capitalize in the same way.

Then there are fans from other teams (Toronto, Edmonton) showing up to lament the existence of the Coyotes because they dared to utilize excess cap room to gain an asset and some depth. Citing the lack of success of the team as proof that they should be oustered from the league altogether. Ironically, the last six years have gone roughly the same for those teams as they have for the Coyotes in terms of results on the ice.

There are even fans of indeterminate loyalty showing up who are just extremely confused by what any of this means and are expressing this confusion with anger.

This has been a very fun little slice of the internet right here. Thanks to everyone for bringing their unique views to this thread. It’s been a pleasure so far.
Leafs just came off a 105 point season, have made the playoffs the last two years, and just signed one of the 5 best UFAs of the last 15 years.

Don't know how they are similar to Arizona other than they both think Marner was the better pick over Strome (jokes)

In all seriousness as a Leafs fan I think it's a smart move. Chyka seems to be moving things in the right direction.

If Galch can be even an average 1/2C and Strome can get his skating to a place where he can be a decent #2C they will be much better next year.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
The part that kind of sells the reality of Hossa really having a skin allergy is the fact that the Hawks and Hossa would have very much preferred if he was still able to play. The guy is a beast and the team missed him last year big time. I can see your logic if Hossa had fallen off the cliff but that is clearly not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad