Post-Game Talk: Are you saying Blues or Boourns? Jets win 5-1!

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I thought the only D man to have a rough game was Myers. But he also made a few good plays as well. He tries to do too much sometimes instead of making simple plays. A few times he went back and forth with Morrow deep in the D zone instead of just going glass and out and the Blues had some chances.

I thought Chiarot had a solid game and was pretty physical all night, this is with Buff not having his best game either.

Trouba went from bad early to pretty great later. Hopefully it is just a timing thing with him and this gets him going for the next game.

Morrissey was just a rock all night so many good plays its hard to count them all

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Little line was great last night.
Who knew it was Ehlers dragging the line down....................

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
So much to like:
  • Helle was outstanding
  • The Lowry-Copp-Tanev line may be the best kept secret in the NHL, and our real secret weapon
  • Scheifele-Wheeler-Connor looked like Hull-Hedberg-Nilsson... they're just making it look easy now.
  • Laine scored, and could have had more
  • Perreault was a possession machine... no issues with Little
  • Our "fourth" line may become secret weapon number 2 with a few games under their belt.
  • Morrissey may be the best defensemen in the NHL nobody knows about (yet)
  • Teams better not take penalties against the Jets this season: Scheifele-Wheeler-Laine-Buff...so many weapons

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Blues sending a message that this is unacceptable:

The 2018-19 Blues youth movement lasts all of one game.

If I were a skilled Blues rookie I would looking Jetsward and quaking in my skates.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
It was an even game. St Louis had two posts and almost scored just before Lowry’s back breaking breakaway. The score could easily have been 1-3 instead of 2-0 at that point. Helle also had probably one of the best goalie performances ever, so the Blues will definitely rebound.

I think the first line was on the ice for both posts against and allowed really dangerous shots from the slot. I’d like to see a bit more responsible play from them in the future, even though they were phenomenal as always.

PLL truely instilled confidence in that being a fantastic line moving forward. Little was good and Laine shot a lot more than earlier. I think he now feels as part of the team and is comfortable with shooting more.

CLT was a bit lost in the beginning but picked it up nicely. Lowry had some really physical shifts, and Tanev is turning into a scorer.

VRE was not that impressive. Roslovic looked VERY positionally lost at times, almost as if he didn’t know what to do. Vesalainen was ok but didn’t do much. I think both players need a couple more games to adjust before you can really say anything.

Reactions: GNP

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Myers is just bad. Lacks a toolbox. That play where he rushed up ice with 2 Jets and skates himself laterally to his backhand straight at the boards forcing himself to dump it. The decision was only slightly better than picking up the puck and trying to eat it as a snack...

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Vesalainen got 8 minutes on ice.
He looked quite fine.
It's not about him persay. It's about his ELC and development and is that worth wasting on 8 minutes? Jets are heading towards a huge fan kal crunch and I don't need a crystal ball to see that.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Myers is just bad. Lacks a toolbox. That play where he rushed up ice with 2 Jets and skates himself laterally to his backhand straight at the boards forcing himself to dump it. The decision was only slightly better than picking up the puck and trying to eat it as a snack...

I think that's a penalty though, which could be the only reason he didn't opt for that decision.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
The Little line was great last night.
Who knew it was Ehlers dragging the line down....................
every line he plays on seems to come down with malaise.
just kidding ehler fans. sort of.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
It's not about him persay. It's about his ELC and development and is that worth wasting on 8 minutes? Jets are heading towards a huge fan kal crunch and I don't need a crystal ball to see that.
correct.
but the Jets also want to win the Cup. so stack up talent.
plus Vesa will go to Europe to play (where his development would arguably lag behind staying here).
plus if Vesa develops, then he makes another contract player (arguably) redundant and tradeable.
plus plus plus

Reactions: Scheifelaine

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I missed the game, but just watched the highlights. Man, Helle made some unreal saves. If he keeps playing like that the Jets will be playing into June.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad