GDT: Are You Ready to Rummmm...er, Draaaaaaft!

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
Caufield, Gallagher, Tatar, Domi, Shaw, Drouin, Byron..the Canadiens are building a team of feisty midgets up-front..Mantha, AA, Svech and Rasmussen could go through them like bowling balls

Reactions: Zetterbeer

HonorableLord

Jun 21, 2019
I understand if people are upset if they didn't draft the player they wanted, but it just seems silly to me that some people are overreacting so much to "reaching". At the end of the day no one knows for months/years down the line which was the right way. D-man Adam Bennett was taken #6 overall by Chicago in 1989. I bet they wish they could have taken the guy that went 53rd overall, who probably at the time had flaws in his game that scouts and GMs thought would stop him from becoming a top 2 Defenseman of all time.

One the other side, I bet Edmonton regrets taking Nail Yakupov #1, who was at a time a "can't miss" prospect by scouts/analyst/teams.

We just don't know.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Some real goodies still on board, Kaliyev, Tomasino, Suzuki, Levoie, Hoglander, Brink, McMichael, Leason, Pelletier, etc. I don't think we need to trade up, some of these guys will be there at 35 I think.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yzerman made his splash, and I want him not to get bashful now. Get me one of these falling forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad