Speculation: Are the Sabres ready for a trade?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
In the last 3 games the Sabres have scored 6 goals. Eichel has 5 of those goals, and was the primary assist on the other goal which was scored by a defenseman. Also, the Sabres currently have multiple injuries to what was supposed to be some of that depth scoring. They do not need another defenseman.

And by saying that all of the Sabres defensemen besides Dahlin are a liability, I have to wonder how much of the Sabres you are actually watching.

He watches all the threads about Buffalo.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
He watches all the threads about Buffalo.
They are tough to watch live so the threads usually are more entertaining. Lets make a minor trade for more depth. That will fix everything!

Blow it up or trade futures for some holy crap players. Trading for more average depth players is moving backwards. I think the team is garbage and have been saying it all offseason, but if you really billieve, then go for it this season:

Mittelstadt
1st

for

Taylor Hall

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
They are tough to watch live so the threads usually are more entertaining. Lets make a minor trade for more depth. That will fix everything!

Blow it up or trade futures for some holy crap players. Trading for more average depth players is moving backwards. I think the team is garbage and have been saying it all offseason, but if you really billieve, then go for it this season:

Mittelstadt
1st

for

Taylor Hall

It's time to stop posting.jpg

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014

Mittelstadt
1st

for

Taylor Hall

Assuming Hall is signing an extension immediately with the Sabres in this scenario? Cause otherwise this is really bad

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Assuming Colin Miller's deal is moving the other way? How is Buffalo addressing that role moving forward?

At this rate? A more effective player than Turris on a better deal (albeit with more pieces coming from us) or nothing. We wait for free agency, Mojo being healthy, or Cozens or a combination of them.

Turris blows our cap structure apart even if you still have faith he can come back. I want no part in either experiment and frankly don't respect or like him much as a personal side note.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Mittelstadt
1st

for

Taylor Hall

The Sabres don't have the cap space to make that deal.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
At this rate? A more effective player than Turris on a better deal (albeit with more pieces coming from us) or nothing. We wait for free agency, Mojo being healthy, or Cozens or a combination of them.

Turris blows our cap structure apart even if you still have faith he can come back. I want no part in either experiment and frankly don't respect or like him much as a personal side note.
I just think that free agency is a really bad way of addressing important roles because you ultimately end up with those kinds of deals anyways assuming you're attracting marquee free agents.

If you're able to get a player of his caliber for a net increase of $2.85m in salary for three seasons, I think you probably have to consider it. Though I do understand if you've got a personal hate on for the guy.

Personally, I see Turris as a reasonable buy-low for a team in the East assuming you've got the cap structure and you're willing to give him the ice time.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
it's unbelievable that the Sabre are not a contender team yet.
They had 7 years in the top 10 picks and 2 times 2rd overall pick and a first pick in Dahlin.
And now they are calling out for trades.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I just think that free agency is a really bad way of addressing important roles because you ultimately end up with those kinds of deals anyways assuming you're attracting marquee free agents.

If you're able to get a player of his caliber for a net increase of $2.85m in salary for three seasons, I think you probably have to consider it. Though I do understand if you've got a personal hate on for the guy.

Personally, I see Turris as a reasonable buy-low for a team in the East assuming you've got the cap structure and you're willing to give him the ice time.
Turris as a buy low candidate like, Turris and a 2nd for a 7th? Maybe then

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

We don't. The Sabres really can only make moves that are cap neutral, and we can't throw away future cap space on guys like Turris when we've got a bunch of RFAs coming in the next couple years.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Risto for Turris+ would be such a typical "propose it and get laughed at" NHL trade that actually happens.

If Turris can return to form wouldn't even be bad tbh.

Works cap-wise.

Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart
Skinner - Turris - Johansson
Vesey - Mittelstadt - Sheary
Rodrigues - Larsson - Girgensons

Josi - Ellis
Ekholm - Risto
Hamhuis - Fabbro

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
The only way I would take Turris is if Nashville retains 2m even then I would still be skeptical to take on that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad