Speculation: Are the Sabres ready for a trade?

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
This organization needs more than a trade... perhaps a heart transplant either to instill some life, or character. Maybe both.

… but all kidding aside, I think a major trade that involves 2-3 players being shuffled out might help spur another 10 game winning streak.
I'd settle for an adrenaline shot. Acquire Lewis/Clifford, N. Ritchie and Faksa.

Reactions: DJN21

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If all the Sabres have to offer is undertalented or underperforming Dmen then MN won't be a suitable trade partner. Even if Ristolainen is in play they simply can't use him.

I still have hope that Mittelstadt will turn out to be a top 6C who scores 50-60 pts per year, but the clock is ticking. His lack of production is worrisome. Is Lazar actually one of his wingers?:help: Hard to know what to offer for CM....it would certainly be less than it was a couple of years ago.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
What direction are the Sabres going to trade? Trade the few valuable roster pieces they have for picks and prospects? Or trade picks and prospects for guys they will lose soon?

Per usual, seems like the Sabres have no idea where they stand.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
What direction are the Sabres going to trade? Trade the few valuable roster pieces they have for picks and prospects? Or trade picks and prospects for guys they will lose soon?

Per usual, seems like the Sabres have no idea where they stand.

No buying/selling. Just a hockey trade. Roster D for a roster Frwd.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Carolina has Toronto's 1st, not LA.

Would Sabres fans be interested in something around Adrian Kempe for Ristolainen?

Yes... we want all the Swedes!

But yeah, probably.... young, can play center, on a very good controlled contract... these are all things we like. I haven't seen him play this year to be honest, but I've always liked him when I have watched him in the past.

Reactions: verbalkint47

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Reinhart, and to a lesser degree, Ristolainen would fit in well with the flames. Need a 2nd line right winger who can score badly. Also need some toughness on the right side D.

Would something around Bennett + Hanafin get the conversation started?

Ideally flames would offer Bennett + Brodie + 2nd round pick or 2nd tier prospect. Valamaki, Anderrson or Pelletier probably prevents it from happening.

I hardly follow the sabres so the value could be off by a wide margin. What would the price be on Reinhart alone ?

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Reinhart, and to a lesser degree, Ristolainen would fit in well with the flames. Need a 2nd line right winger who can score badly. Also need some toughness on the right side D.

Ideally flames would offer Bennett + Brodie + 2nd round pick or 2nd tier prospect. Valamaki, Anderrson or Pelletier probably prevents it from happening.

I hardly follow the sabres so the value could be off by a wide margin. What would the price be on Reinhart alone ?

Some people will probably overreact here and say Reinhart is "untouchable" ....which is definitely not true. Eichel and Dahlin are the only true "untouchable" players

That being said... I don't think I'd personally trade Reinhart unless it's in some sort of package to CGY with Johnny G or Monahan coming back. Subtracting Reinhart from our lineup hurts us where we're already weak (we need a 2C and any secondary scoring help, and we have a surplus of D to give)

Risto, on the other hand, is definitely available

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018

Going to need some offensive firepower coming back to consider trading Reinhart and Risto in a package. Think that conversation starts with JG.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00