Speculation: Are the Sabres ready for a trade?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good thing the GM uncharacteristically had a press conference moments before tonight's game to hint that maybe, he might, sorta, kinda maybe trade for some help but that they are happy with who they have and are content and kumbuy ya and all that.

I expect they will make a Scott Wilson level trade at some point. And that'll be great for the Amerks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Bogosian still on BUF ? He's hard to keep track of, he's injured so much.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I have no idea why, but this guy is always on the move, even though he is one of the best dmen in the league. Could potentially pry him away from the Canes and give the Sabres much needed help both offensively and defensively.

Dougie Hamilton

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
I have no idea why, but this guy is always on the move, even though he is one of the best dmen in the league. Could potentially pry him away from the Canes and give the Sabres much needed help both offensively and defensively.

Dougie Hamilton

We have 8-9 NHL defenseman in the organization and approximately 3 forwards that can score on a good day so why would we try for Dougie Hamilton

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
We have 8-9 NHL defenseman in the organization and approximately 3 forwards that can score on a good day so why would we try for Dougie Hamilton
Because all of your defensemen not named Dahlin are a liability.

Eichel-Olofsson
Reinhart-Skinner
Mittlestadt-Johansson

Dahlin-Hamilton

Hamilton makes it so you can really have depth players. Currently your depth players are your core and that is the problem. But obviously you aren't getting Hamilton without trading a big name or way more picks than you want.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Because all of your defensemen not named Dahlin are a liability.

Eichel-Olofsson
Reinhart-Skinner
Mittlestadt-Johansson

Dahlin-Hamilton

Hamilton makes it so you can really have depth players. Currently your depth players are your core and that is the problem. But obviously you aren't getting Hamilton without trading a big name or way more picks than you want.

In the last 3 games the Sabres have scored 6 goals. Eichel has 5 of those goals, and was the primary assist on the other goal which was scored by a defenseman. Also, the Sabres currently have multiple injuries to what was supposed to be some of that depth scoring. They do not need another defenseman.

And by saying that all of the Sabres defensemen besides Dahlin are a liability, I have to wonder how much of the Sabres you are actually watching.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
I don't know why people are harping on Botterill. He will make trades......in July.

We're harping on Botterill because the same old retread players who have never had success in Buffalo are still on this team. Girgensons, Larsson, Okposo, McCabe, Risto and more, these guys have all been on the Sabres for years and it hasn't worked. It's not going to work.

We have too many defenseman and not enough middle of the lineup scoring, with the biggest hole being 2C. We are having a hard time finding a trade partner, apparently. Is it because of Botterill's overall safe business approach to conserve your assets for long term success? Probably, and that's never a bad overall approach to have, to a point.

But it's also because we're strapped up tight against the cap, limiting our ability to maybe take on a bad contract from a team in order to acquire a truly great player to make a difference. Why are we strapped up against the cap? Because we're giving out $1.6 mil contracts to Girgensons and Larsson like they've earned it, instead of finding cheaper younger alternatives who will also bring some much needed life to the team. Because Sobotka somehow made this roster and is tying up $3.5 mil on the cap, when a cheap buyout could've been placed in the summer. Little things like that were questioned and are all adding up now.

Casey Mittelstadt's development has been poorly handled so far and is starting to give me a sick deja vu feeling of Marek Zagrapan or Mikhail Grigorenko all over again. Dahlin is making so many critical mistakes and looks like he's fully gotten in his own head about it. Eichel hit a tipping point and had to drop the gloves last night to try and wake this team up, and still no response.

That's why we're harping on Botterill to do something.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
In the last 3 games the Sabres have scored 6 goals. Eichel has 5 of those goals, and was the primary assist on the other goal which was scored by a defenseman. Also, the Sabres currently have multiple injuries to what was supposed to be some of that depth scoring. They do not need another defenseman.

And by saying that all of the Sabres defensemen besides Dahlin are a liability, I have to wonder how much of the Sabres you are actually watching.

None, obviously.

I am a 100% believer in Dahlin, but he has been awful. It needs to be said. I want the old Dahlin back. He needs an injection of confidence

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Sabres should stay pat. They are going to get through a few rounds as is imo in the playoffs.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008

Per usual everyone is missing the point. An offensive dman would help the Sabres tremendously. Imagine if they had Carlson or Makar right now complimenting Dahlin. Dahlin obviously cant do it himself.

Or lets go trade for Tyler Taffoli. He would do nothing except make your draft position 1-2 spots higher.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
crazy thought but would Frolik for a D-man work for Flames and Sabers? I am a fan of neither team but Frolik still can be an effective shut down guy and could be rejuvenated once away from Bill Peters who he has never seen eye to eye with. Flames could be looking to get depth on D what with Brodie and Valimaki being out.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If Granlund continues to flounder in NSH, then he might be a good buy low candidate.
Just dropped in to say that Nashville makes sense as a partner for a shake up trade. Maybe not Granlund necessarily, but Nashville could probably use a little support on their back end.

What does Buffalo think of Kyle Turris if they could make it work financially this season? Is 2C a big organizational need?

Reactions: YP44

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Just dropped in to say that Nashville makes sense as a partner for a shake up trade. Maybe not Granlund necessarily, but Nashville could probably use a little support on their back end.

What does Buffalo think of Kyle Turris if they could make it work financially this season? Is 2C a big organizational need?

no interest in the player or his contract moving forward from this fan.

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga

What does Nashville think of Kyle Okposa?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->