Are the lightning a superteam?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The islanders also use ltir and are only a few million under Tampa in total cap using the ltir. I respect your gm for going all in instead of crying about it.

kPqvjqP.png

metalan2

May 30, 2008
The single biggest reason they are dominant is because of Vasilevsky. No Vasilevsky and they're likely already out.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Okay, lets take the tax part out of it for simplicity. Please just post the roster they are running that is $20mil over the cap that you are claiming.
We can’t just ignore half of your advantage this year if we gon talk about it. I never claimed 20M, it’s 30Mish all things considered (no tax advantage plus cap circumvention advantage). If I’m off by million here or there, please don’t try to use it to deny the facts that Tampa has cap advantages, It’s irrelevant anyways, so don’t know why you keep trying to make this a math thing.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
We can’t just ignore half of your advantage this year if we gon talk about it. I never claimed 20M, it’s 30Mish all things considered (no tax advantage plus cap circumvention advantage). If I’m off by million here or there, please don’t try to use it to deny the facts that Tampa has cap advantages, It’s irrelevant anyways, so don’t know why you keep trying to make this a math thing.

...you really should just move to Florida and get it over with...

...or I hear Siberia is nice this time of year...:dunno:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
They're a Super Annoying Team. Not only do they have all the advantages of location, state taxes and cap circumvention wizardry, it seems like every year they churn out a gem from the 5th-7th round, it's insane. Their draft and development system is A++++. They are the epitome of how to build a team the right way.

Mostly I'm just jealous of them but I'm sick of seeing them deep in the playoffs every year (except the one exception with the 1st round loss to Columbus) and how they get all the breaks with players taking discounts and elite players sitting out a season giving them huge cap relief only to come back miraculously for the playoffs and destroying the league as if he never had any time off. Come on Tampa, share the wealth a bit. Give Killorn, Palat or Gourde to a team that really needs them (cough Oilers cough). Feel some cap pain for once like the rest of us mortals around the league.
Johnson and Kilhorn this off-season and help us cap circumvent By trading within the rules.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
...you really should just move to Florida and get it over with...

...or I hear Siberia is nice this time of year...:dunno:
Wouldn’t mind it. But Hey, but I never blamed the players either for taking same money in a sunny state. Actually I didn’t blame anyone, cause it’s not a blame game, the facts are simple: Tampa has a cap advantage over most every other team in the League.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
They're a Super Annoying Team. Not only do they have all the advantages of location, state taxes and cap circumvention wizardry, it seems like every year they churn out a gem from the 5th-7th round, it's insane. Their draft and development system is A++++. They are the epitome of how to build a team the right way.

Mostly I'm just jealous of them but I'm sick of seeing them deep in the playoffs every year (except the one exception with the 1st round loss to Columbus) and how they get all the breaks with players taking discounts and elite players sitting out a season giving them huge cap relief only to come back miraculously for the playoffs and destroying the league as if he never had any time off. Come on Tampa, share the wealth a bit. Give Killorn, Palat or Gourde to a team that really needs them (cough Oilers cough). Feel some cap pain for once like the rest of us mortals around the league.
Pretty good chance we lose a couple key guys this off-season. I wouldn't mind seeing Palat go to Edmonton. Think he would fit in well there and provide the Oilers a good left winger.

Reactions: CupofOil and Hoek

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That's like the point, man. Tampa exploited a legal gray area loophole with a faux LTIR placement.
It's not a grey area :laugh:

It is literally by design, black and white, the same as how teams call up extra guys from the minors for their taxi squad or are able to add players at the trade deadline that they wouldn't be able to at the start of the season.

Unless you think Kucherov faked an injury and didn't actually get surgery and was just chilling, the Lightning did not "cheat"

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pretty good chance we lose a couple key guys this off-season. I wouldn't mind seeing Palat go to Edmonton. Think he would fit in well there and provide the Oilers a good left winger.

I'll believe it when I see it haha.

I don't know if selling Johnson off to Seattle is losing a "key" guy but, yeah, I'd love to get Palat in Edmonton if Tampa is willing but I'm guessing that they'd try to trade Killorn or Gourde before dealing Palat.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'll believe it when I see it haha.

I don't know if selling Johnson off to Seattle is losing a "key" guy but yeah, I'd love to get Palat in Edmonton if Tampa is willing but I'm guessing that they'd try to trade Killorn or Gourde before dealing Palat.
Ha. Fair enough. Johnson is probably the first, then Palat/Killorn and Coleman is probably going to have a better offer. I value Coleman as much as Killorn because of what he brings to the table. We probably keep Gourde and if somehow possible keep one of Palat or Killorn.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Unless you think Kucherov faked an injury and didn't actually get surgery and was just chilling, the Lightning did not "cheat"
Ah totally.

What are the odds! Dude is so injured that he has to miss an entire regular season """forcing""" a cap strapped team to LTIR him. But he's perfectly fine for the first game of the playoffs.

Wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge? I have it for sale. Only $1k. A steal. LMK if you want me to PM you my Bitcoin address.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Ah totally.

What are the odds! Dude is so injured that he has to miss an entire regular season """forcing""" a cap strapped team to LTIR him. But he's perfectly fine for the first game of the playoffs.

Wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge? I have it for sale. Only $1k. A steal. LMK if you want me to PM you my Bitcoin address.
You are absolutely delusional if you think he faked an injury :laugh:

Reactions: AlmostThere242

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ha. Fair enough. Johnson is probably the first, then Palat/Killorn and Coleman is probably going to have a better offer. I value Coleman as much as Killorn because of what he brings to the table. We probably keep Gourde and if somehow possible keep one of Palat or Killorn.

We will take a step back. But you don't have to steamroll your way to a cup (last year) to be a contender. We will still be a contender -- just maybe not favorites.

The core will return, all still in their primes.

Reactions: Stammertime91

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The single biggest reason they are dominant is because of Vasilevsky. No Vasilevsky and they're likely already out.
Well depends how you look at it. In this scenario are we replacing Vasi with an average starter or Curtis McElhinney?

If it's say Elvis Merzlikins they're still very good. If it's McBackup they get bounced first round.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah, totally legit.

Players with season ending injuries always return perfectly healthy on the first playoff game. Regular occurrence, nothing suspicious at all.
It's almost as if players tend to play through injuries in NHL playoffs. You think every single player on the Isles roster is 100% healthy?

Reactions: WarriorofTime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad