Are the lightning a superteam?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So a handful of teams who probably wouldn't want his anchor contract without a major overpayment considering no one touched him with a ten foot pole when he was waived?

Hardly a smoking gun here. It would have been pretty tough to find a team he'd waive to, find a team who'd want him and find a middle point on the compensation for taking him on. As in all three of those conditions.

No doubt we would have had to give something of value up or retained a little bit of the deal. Eventually something was going to give, but trade talks paused as RTP talks stalled. Then we learned about the Kucherov injury, and the rest was history.

Losing Killorn would have hurt though, he's been such a beast all playoffs. Can kill penalties, win puck battles, chip in offensively, and is a great leader.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Idk... I left the state cuz I think the weather sucks 75% of the year.
Yeah anyone who thinks Florida has idyllic weather probably hasn't ever been to Florida.

But this is really yet another thread where people cry about taxes and the fictional $18 million over the cap.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Did you find those 40 million votes for him to win by ?
notworthy.gif

decaprio.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If they are facts then show your math. I'd love to see it.
Facts like Tampa has no taxes which allows them to sign players cheaper than most every other team is a fact that doesn’t require math to understand. Sorry. I’m in the middle of a couple conversations right now and would rather not do an irrelevant deep dive into all the salaries on the Tampa team at the moment.

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's the Republican Governor of Florida who has helped keep the state from not having a state income tax.
Ahh so now I know WHY Tampa has an undeniable cap advantage over most every other team in the League. Thanks for the knowledge drop.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
#4, just give us your numbers and don't change them. THE BOLTS WON. Have a great night. See you next game.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
This.

Even though the actual team on the ice now isn't $18M over, the number still has relevancy because the number allowed Tampa to keep 2-3 of its better role players who ARE on the ice in this series.
The islanders also use ltir and are only a few million under Tampa in total cap using the ltir. I respect your gm for going all in instead of crying about it.

Reactions: Rschmitz

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Facts like Tampa has no taxes which allows them to sign players cheaper than most every other team is a fact that doesn’t require math to understand. Sorry. I’m in the middle of a couple conversations right now and would rather not do an irrelevant deep dive into all the salaries on the Tampa team at the moment.
Ah ok, I was starting to think your "facts" weren't based in reality. Good to know you just don't have the time to back them up.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ah ok, I was starting to think your "facts" weren't based in reality. Good to know you just don't have the time to back them up.
Does not require backing up with math, cause Tampa having a no tax advantage is a fact in itself that, again, doesn’t require math to understand. Please reread my post and understand it before replying. Thank you.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Does not require backing up with math, cause Tampa having a no tax advantage is a fact in itself that, again, doesn’t require math to understand. Please reread my post and understand it before replying. Thank you.
Okay, lets take the tax part out of it for simplicity. Please just post the roster they are running that is $20mil over the cap that you are claiming.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They're a Super Annoying Team. Not only do they have all the advantages of location, state taxes and cap circumvention wizardry, it seems like every year they churn out a gem from the 5th-7th round, it's insane. Their draft and development system is A++++. They are the epitome of how to build a team the right way.

Mostly I'm just jealous of them but I'm sick of seeing them deep in the playoffs every year (except the one exception with the 1st round loss to Columbus) and how they get all the breaks with players taking discounts and elite players sitting out a season giving them huge cap relief only to come back miraculously for the playoffs and destroying the league as if he never had any time off. Come on Tampa, share the wealth a bit. Give Killorn, Palat or Gourde to a team that really needs them (cough Oilers cough). Feel some cap pain for once like the rest of us mortals around the league.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Yes.

Let me ask you this. Did you use Kucherov's $$ to re-sign players?

Yes?

Cool. Let me ask you something else.

Are both Kucherov and those Tampa RFAs currently in the lineup?
Is that against the rules that every team can use that the nhl, owners, commissioner, players, and players union all agreed on ? TELL me who thinks it is cheating when they made these rules and the nhl said the lightning did nothing wrong.

Reactions: AlmostThere242

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad