Are the Islanders really this good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
PDO is a point of contention for us. lol

We kept hearing last year how we would come back down to earth because our PDO was to high. I actually think we are average this year in regards to that stat

Just because a team has a high PDO doesn't discredit anything they've done. If the Isles can sustain a high PDO over a large sample of games, they likely can outperform the average PDO. 82 games still isn't a large enough sample but if they're still near the top of the league 3/4 into this season, I'll buy into the legitimacy.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just because a team has a high PDO doesn't discredit anything they've done. If the Isles can sustain a high PDO over a large sample of games, they likely can outperform the average PDO. 82 games still isn't a large enough sample but if they're still near the top of the league 3/4 into this season, I'll buy into the legitimacy.

the bolded is the problem for us. It’s unsustainable. However, since the beginning of last year we’ve been able to sustain the unsustainable.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
i don’t understand youre fanbase at all. Like you think you won, but in the end you let all of leaf nation live rent free inside your heads. Why cant you just enjoy youre success and move on? You guys are like the salty girl that needs to make sure her ex knows how much happier she is with her new man.
8-3 coming off a 103 pt season with 1 playoff rd win since Lou took over as GM.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Martin, Knuckle, Ladd, Eberle and Komorav

Who's Knuckle? That's quite a bit if regulars, but aside from Eberle there's no one really important missing. Unless knuckles is someone good and/or Ladd has gotten back to being a good player.

Shows good depth the team has. By the way I've read some posts I thought they were missing 2, or 3 of their top 6 and 1 of their top 4 d.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Who's Knuckle? That's quite a bit if regulars, but aside from Eberle there's no one really important missing. Unless knuckles is someone good and/or Ladd has gotten back to being a good player.

Shows good depth the team has. By the way I've read some posts I thought they were missing 2, or 3 of their top 6 and 1 of their top 4 d.

Sorry Kuhnhackl. While sure they aren't losing any major players besides Eberle, Islanders game generally likes to role 4th line, they lost a line+ worth of bottom 6 players

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sorry Kuhnhackl. While sure they aren't losing any major players besides Eberle, Islanders game generally likes to role 4th line, they lost a line+ worth of bottom 6 players

No doubt. Even if it's mostly bottom players losing that many still isn't easy to replace. I guess I was expecting more bigger names.

Still impressive. Despite Tampa's play, beating them convincingly with that many out is still impressive.

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
I am an Isles fan and yes we are a good team. So is Boston, Buffalo, Washington, Carolina, Edmonton............. However we still have a lot that can happen before April and if St. Louis Showed us maybe June. I love the lunch pale attitude next guy up thing. We are confident fans and believe in the group out on the ice. I think a lot of teams that should be better will get going as well.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If not for the back to back against a BUF team that got smoked and is out for blood they would win at least 10 straight. I think they’ll lose tomorrow but that Ottawa game Tuesday is gonna get ugly. I’m betting there will be suspensions after that game after what happened last week

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If not for the back to back against a BUF team that got smoked and is out for blood they would win at least 10 straight. I think they’ll lose tomorrow but that Ottawa game Tuesday is gonna get ugly. I’m betting there will be suspensions after that game after what happened last week

Ross The Boss is going to tune someone up badly on Tuesday.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Lou didnt turn the Leafs around wtf lol. He signed Marleau, Martin and Zaitsev and traded for Andersen, Plekanec and Boyle. Mark Hunter ran the draft. All Lou really did was instill some bs military type culture that clearly accomplished nothing.
The Leafs had Philadelphia-level problem in net. Lou solved it in a matter of hours.

He tried to instill "culture" on that hopeless franchise, but it seems he failed, his superiors decided to go the other way. Now they have more than twice money tied to 4 forwards than the Bruins pay to their own top-3 – you know, those 3 guys that own the Leafs day in and day out.

Don't forget also that during pre-cap times the Devils had moderate payroll, well below Detroit, Colorado, Dallas, and Toronto, and nevertheless they were one of the best, one game 7 win away from a modern dinasty.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Lol what? Eberle , Kuhnhackl and Martin = half your lineup? Two of those guys are useless so it’s basically just Eberle. Im pretty sure losing the best dman in the league is a bigger deal than a guy still living off world junior hype from 10 years ago.
If you think that Kuhnhackl and Martin are useless, you don't understand Trotz hockey.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Yes I believe they are one of the most underrated teams in the league, with one of the best coaches. It seems JT leaving might have been a blessing for them because they have been playing great hockey since last season.

I don't think it was as much as JT leaving and more about going from a dense coach to an amazing coach.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
This is the first time in my life I've witnessed one of my sports teams be this good (besides when the NY Jets made it to the ECF those short two years). They just look so confident out there, and own/claim the ice for themselves. Every game they look better and better. The best part? We still have a plethora of high end prospects waiting to make the team, or earn a full-time job on the team. This team is set up to compete for 5 years + right now. Once Sorokin comes over from Russia, and Dobson/Wahlstrom develop and earn a spot on the roster, this team will be unstoppable. 9-3-0, with an 8 game winning streak, elite coaching staff, new arena, and a potential superstar goalie, #1-2 Dman, and a top 6 winger still not on the team or full time yet, with other great prospects still fermenting in the AHL... This is the most exciting time to be a fan of this team. A cup with this core is entirely possible, with them being young enough to go for it year after year

This was beautiful...

Reactions: joemon999
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad