Are the Islanders really this good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I don't think Shero has done a bad job in NJ, he did amazing to build a team offense. But look what he didn't do, he didn't do anything to hire a guy that can coach defensive structures or really upgrade a core majority of his defense. Now the team looks worse this year with their best offense in years.

That is why the Devils shouldn't have gotten rid of Lou. It was so foolish. The team literally lost their 2 top players in consecutive years and their core aged. It was time for a rebuild, and the owners just handed the reigns over because "he's old!".

Look what Lou did in Toronto, he turned the franchise around. Then he left and the new overrated GM there made the team regress and has given some horrible contracts. Lou then goes to the Islanders, turns the franchise over there immediately. He is the best GM ever, nobody has done what he has done on new teams. Also, him winning 3 cups with NJ who barely spent any money in a non salary cap era demonstrates his greatness.

Lou didnt turn the Leafs around wtf lol. He signed Marleau, Martin and Zaitsev and traded for Andersen, Plekanec and Boyle. Mark Hunter ran the draft. All Lou really did was instill some bs military type culture that clearly accomplished nothing.

Reactions: SteveH124

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Okay, you stupid Islanders fans, the team is eventually going to be in last place. Mark my words. It's true, I heard it on HFboards.com.

Just like how we saw the Islanders do so much worse than the 2019 Stanley Cup champion Toronto Maple Leafs (appointed July 1st, 2018) last season, as was correctly predicted by HFBoards.com.

Can't you just admit that you know nothing and us HFBoards.com geniuses know everything!?!?

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
exactly. It doesn’t matter that half our lineup is out

Lol what? Eberle , Kuhnhackl and Martin = half your lineup? Two of those guys are useless so it’s basically just Eberle. Im pretty sure losing the best dman in the league is a bigger deal than a guy still living off world junior hype from 10 years ago.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Okay, you stupid Islanders fans, the team is eventually going to be in last place. Mark my words. It's true, I heard it on HFboards.com.

Just like how we saw the Islanders do so much worse than the 2019 Stanley Cup champion Toronto Maple Leafs (appointed July 1st, 2018) last season, as was correctly predicted by HFBoards.com.

Can't you just admit that you know nothing and us HFBoards.com geniuses know everything!?!?

i don’t understand youre fanbase at all. Like you think you won, but in the end you let all of leaf nation live rent free inside your heads. Why cant you just enjoy youre success and move on? You guys are like the salty girl that needs to make sure her ex knows how much happier she is with her new man.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Lol what? Eberle , Kuhnhackl and Martin = half your lineup? Two of those guys are useless so it’s basically just Eberle. Im pretty sure losing the best dman in the league is a bigger deal than a guy still living off world junior hype from 10 years ago.

relax it was a joke. You also forgot Komorov. Also, nobody is useless on Barry Trotz team.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
i don’t understand youre fanbase at all. Like you think you won, but in the end you let all of leaf nation live rent free inside your heads. Why cant you just enjoy youre success and move on? You guys are like the salty girl that needs to make sure her ex knows how much happier she is with her new man.
Ah, suffering from short term memory loss, friend?

Smug Leafs fans loved to dish out the insults all Summer 2018 long. Guess you don't like downing the same medicine you served, huh?

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
This is the first time in my life I've witnessed one of my sports teams be this good (besides when the NY Jets made it to the ECF those short two years). They just look so confident out there, and own/claim the ice for themselves. Every game they look better and better. The best part? We still have a plethora of high end prospects waiting to make the team, or earn a full-time job on the team. This team is set up to compete for 5 years + right now. Once Sorokin comes over from Russia, and Dobson/Wahlstrom develop and earn a spot on the roster, this team will be unstoppable. 9-3-0, with an 8 game winning streak, elite coaching staff, new arena, and a potential superstar goalie, #1-2 Dman, and a top 6 winger still not on the team or full time yet, with other great prospects still fermenting in the AHL... This is the most exciting time to be a fan of this team. A cup with this core is entirely possible, with them being young enough to go for it year after year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad