Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I saw they nerfed Pathfinder's grapple cooldown. It was so OP it was insane and all these Pathfinder mains on Reddit were defending it saying anybody who thinks it needs a nerf just sucks. I stopped playing the game months ago because of other technical issues with the game (although Pathfinder was certainly up there in most infuriating things about the game for me) but I certainly loved going on the subreddit and seeing all the salt on there about how their favorite OP character got ruined.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I saw they nerfed Pathfinder's grapple cooldown. It was so OP it was insane and all these Pathfinder mains on Reddit were defending it saying anybody who thinks it needs a nerf just sucks. I stopped playing the game months ago because of other technical issues with the game (although Pathfinder was certainly up there in most infuriating things about the game for me) but I certainly loved going on the subreddit and seeing all the salt on there about how their favorite OP character got ruined.

Yeah Path and Wrath needed a nerf, and only Path got one. Wrath's hit box is ridiculous when they could strafe with a wingman they were basically unhitable for normal guys like myself.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm pretty happy with mostly all of the changes that they've done. I'll do a short recap of the big changes for anyone who doesn't want to sift through the entire patch notes:

New Legend - Loba

Passive - Eye For Quality

Loba can see nearby epic and legendary loot through walls.

Tactical - Burglar's Best Friend

Throw a "Jump Drive Bracelet" and teleport to it.

Ultimate - Black Market Boutique
Place a device that allows you to teleport up to two pieces of loot to your inventory. Can be used by teammates or enemies.

Mirage Rework

Designer Note: The hope for this rework is that it gives more depth to Mirage gameplay by giving Mirage players avenues to get better at Bamboozling people.
  • Tactical: Psyche Out
    • Pressing the character utility action button allows Mirage to gain control of his decoy.
    • When controlling the decoy, it will mimic Mirage’s every move.
    • Decoys now last for 60 seconds.
    • Releasing another decoy will remove the previous decoy.
  • Ultimate: Life of the Party
    • Mirage deploys a team of decoys that mimic his every move (think “Emergency Dance Party" from DUMMIEs Big Day).
    • Cooldown 60 seconds.
  • Passive: Now You See Me…
    • In addition to cloaking when downed, Mirage also cloaks while using a respawn beacon and reviving a teammate (the teammate is also cloaked).
  • Mirage’s “You got Bamboozled” line will now trigger when you bamboozle an enemy, instead of when you release a decoy.
Pathfinder Nerf -
  • In response to Pathfinder being super OP for quite some time, the cooldown on Pathfinder's grapple has been increased from 15 seconds to 35 Seconds.

Map Changes

• Skulltown, Thunderdome, Relay and Wetlands have been removed.
  • "Salvage" replaces the old area of Skulltown and Thunderdome.
  • Most of Wetlands has been replaced by "Capacitor", which has an underground tunnel leading to Singh's Labs.
  • Added "Charge Towers", when activated they fully charge the ultimate of any Legend standing on the platform.

Weapon Changes

• The pool of fully-kitted Gold weapons which can be found has been rotated to now be: Longbow, Hemlok, Spitfire, EVA-8, and RE-45.
  • Mastiff has been re-classed as a regular shotgun and has been nerfed accordingly.
  • Peacekeeper - Has been removed from the loot pool and re-classed as a legendary weapon, stats buffed accordingly.
  • Skullpiercer Hop-up has been re-introduced.
  • Anvil Receiver Hop-up has been vaulted.
Gold Armor
  • Removed increased healing speed perk.
  • Added perk: Shield Cells + Syringes heal double.

Ability to re-connect to matches-

• Players can now rejoin a match they've disconnected from. Players' character will go idle and they will rejoin in the state they were in before disconnected, provided they haven't died.

Season Quest - The Broken Ghost

• Respawn is starting to flesh out some of the lore of their Legends outside of the Apex Games via an 11-part story quest, the first ever quest in Apex.
  • Players will collaborate with Loba to retrieve artifact pieces (limit one per day) and assemble it. After 9 pieces have been collected players can then begin the "Hunt".
I'm a huge sucker for lore, so I'm really looking forward to the story behind the quest and seeing how the Legends interact with one another on a character-to-character basis.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Yeah Path and Wrath needed a nerf, and only Path got one. Wrath's hit box is ridiculous when they could strafe with a wingman they were basically unhitable for normal guys like myself.
There were plenty of times I went up against a Wraith who would just crouch to make her hit box tiny. I don't get how Respawn still think her hit box makes sense. Makes me miss the old days of gaming where it was just classes for load outs and everyone was the same size. Seems like every other shooter these days is trying to be a hero shooter focused on abilities and it's just so tiring. I just don't even want to get involved with them anymore since some abilities are inevitably OP.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
There were plenty of times I went up against a Wraith who would just crouch to make her hit box tiny. I don't get how Respawn still think her hit box makes sense. Makes me miss the old days of gaming where it was just classes for load outs and everyone was the same size. Seems like every other shooter these days is trying to be a hero shooter focused on abilities and it's just so tiring. I just don't even want to get involved with them anymore since some abilities are inevitably OP.

Yeah there was pretty big streamer when Apex first came out said that Wrath would still be the best Char even with any of her abilities because of her hit box alone, I cannot remember who it was for the life of me. I never play her but maybe I should try because the SBM has me right on the bubble. I play like crap and get knocked down it seems, then I own a lower level and get bumped back up into a level i get owned lol

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Also, Mirage's re-work is absolutely beautiful and will need nerfed, I would imagine.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Yeah there was pretty big streamer when Apex first came out said that Wrath would still be the best Char even with any of her abilities because of her hit box alone, I cannot remember who it was for the life of me. I never play her but maybe I should try because the SBM has me right on the bubble. I play like crap and get knocked down it seems, then I own a lower level and get bumped back up into a level i get owned lol
To this day Wraith still has an exorbitant pick and win%, according to the Devs. They just recently nerfed her and re-worked Lifeline to try to re-balance.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
To this day Wraith still has an exorbitant pick and win%, according to the Devs. They just recently nerfed her and re-worked Lifeline to try to re-balance.

Yeah I love they did to lifeline, I switched from lifeline to bloodhound in season 4, but have been playing lifeline a bunch recently, especially in the LTM

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Lifeline is my favorite, just because I like the character and enjoy being tasked to be a support character instead of a guy who will down an entire squad on a regular basis.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Yeah I love they did to lifeline, I switched from lifeline to bloodhound in season 4, but have been playing lifeline a bunch recently, especially in the LTM
I've wanted them to make her a better supporting hero and she can more actively support with her buffs. I've been playing a ton of bloodhound since his tactical got buffed. It makes it way more viable.

Lifeline is my favorite, just because I like the character and enjoy being tasked to be a support character instead of a guy who will down an entire squad on a regular basis.
I agree, I'm glad they buffed her up. I am not the greatest gunfighter, so being able to actively support is big for me.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Been playing here and there between test prep sessions. My brother was playing on my PS4 account and pulled the Wraith heirloom before he even knew what it was and it was just sitting on Wraith unequipped. So of course she's my new main over Bloodhound. The change to her phase walk is such a double edged sword. Yes it's incredibly fast and seeing enemies is a great improvement. But the slowdown makes it so hard to use without taking damage as it charges. But that being said, f*** Wraith mains. Can't tell you how many times I've picked Wraith and had someone quit before dropping or end up as jumpmaster and drop us into a hotdrop badly. Which sure, I can drop solo when that happens and I usually do but in a team game it's still a little stupid to have my other two teammates in bad position. Wraith mains are toxic as shit. Learn a second and third character.

Anyway, for my money, I like what they've done with Apex in my absence. Feels the most dynamic and well paced of the BRs out there. The heroes feel relatively well balanced (Wattson+Caustic meta is annoying as shit though), every gun can be strong in the right hands (don't know what kind of sociopath you need to be to run around with a Mozambique anywhere outside the first drop but I've seen it used well). World's Edge still sucks as a map but the addition of duos can make it more interesting.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I've wanted them to make her a better supporting hero and she can more actively support with her buffs. I've been playing a ton of bloodhound since his tactical got buffed. It makes it way more viable.

I agree, I'm glad they buffed her up. I am not the greatest gunfighter, so being able to actively support is big for me.
Sadly, as a former Bloodhound main, it feels like the change has brought out all the scrubs to him. Of all the legends I get paired with, in my experience I've seen idiots use every character but I've seen idiot Bloodhounds more than any other legend. Second probably being Loba. I've seen some sweaty Lobas but I've also seen a lot of dumb ones. One of the highlights of this season for me was a Loba putting down her ult in the middle of nowhere and screaming into the mic "WHERE THE f*** IS THE LOOT." After two minutes of laughing I had to explain that it only pulls in loot nearby, it doesn't generate a random cache of loot.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Wraith mains are toxic as shit. Learn a second and third character.

Anyway, for my money, I like what they've done with Apex in my absence. Feels the most dynamic and well paced of the BRs out there. The heroes feel relatively well balanced (Wattson+Caustic meta is annoying as shit though), every gun can be strong in the right hands (don't know what kind of sociopath you need to be to run around with a Mozambique anywhere outside the first drop but I've seen it used well). World's Edge still sucks as a map but the addition of duos can make it more interesting.

I've seen some sweaty Lobas but I've also seen a lot of dumb ones.

Yeah I agree about Wraith mains, it seems disproportionate to how many toxic players use her for some reason.

I agree about the changes as well. My best friend I played a lot from launch and took a break through season 3 and some of s4. They really sucked us back in with a lot of the changes and balances that they did. Agree about World's Edge, can't stand that map.

Yeah, it's amazing how many people don't actually read the abilities list and patch notes and don't even know the abilities of the Legend they're playing.

Reactions: HanSolo

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
They're not planning to have solos, but they're supposed to be adding no-fill in the near future. I'm thinking duos will sorta become a de facto solos since it's relatively unpopular and I'd guess most no-fillers will prefer 1v2 over 1v3. That's what I'll be doing because rando trios is miserable.

Reactions: Draft Guru

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Anyone around here still playing Apex?

The game is still having quite a lot of success, approximately 900k - 1.1m players playing at this exact moment (for comparison, Warzone currently has approx. 250-300k.). I don't watch many streamers, but it seems like a lot of the big Warzone streamers went to Apex and haven't looked back.

I'm lovin all the new season 12 stuff. The new legend is cool, the new game mode is a ton of fun and just the casual game mode that this game needed, IMO.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Anyone around here still playing Apex?

The game is still having quite a lot of success, approximately 900k - 1.1m players playing at this exact moment (for comparison, Warzone currently has approx. 250-300k.). I don't watch many streamers, but it seems like a lot of the big Warzone streamers went to Apex and haven't looked back.

I'm lovin all the new season 12 stuff. The new legend is cool, the new game mode is a ton of fun and just the casual game mode that this game needed, IMO.

It's funny looking back at the first few pages where people predicted it would be dead in a month

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
It's funny looking back at the first few pages where people predicted it would be dead in a month
Absolutely. I've always been a huge fan of the game since Season 0, but I have to admit even I am surprised and impressed by how well Apex has done. Like any developer, Respawn faces a lot of crap, but they've been awesome.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
I've played consistently since launch. Have a level 500 PS5 account and a level ~350 PC account. Started out on PS4, moved to PC around season 5, and have been back on console since around season 8 or so, whenever it was that PS5 launched.

My girlfriend has nearly the amount of hours played as I do. First FPS game she ever got in to, and she's actually pretty damn good. Always helps to have a Loba main on the squad :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad