Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
First game back after awhile without playing (possibly a couple months) and we end up winning. Hell of a match. Don't think we were paired with the greatest players (or maybe we were just lucky) but the back and forth between squads was a lot of fun and reminded me why I enjoyed playing the game to start.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Really enjoy this game still, but they’re going to have to do way better on these Season Pass rewards if they want the game to thrive.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I mean if you want to talk about a bad take...
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
It did die down pretty heavily within a month :laugh: Now it’s pretty much cratered and is on life support. Truly shocking. Who could’ve predicted such a thing? Other than everyone with a brain in their f***ing skull.

Reactions: The Drop and CPTN71

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
It did die down pretty heavily within a month :laugh: Now it’s pretty much cratered and is on life support. Truly shocking. Who could’ve predicted such a thing? Other than everyone with a brain in their ****ing skull.

I feel like a lot of people are still playing. Also, the moment a new character/weapon/update comes out everyone who may have left will come crawling back. It's hardly on life support.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Definitely doesn't have the same player count but that's to be expected. Huge install base, players COULD easily come back. Problem is EA and Respawn aren't doing jack chit for the game.

No QoL improvements.
Servers are still terrible.
Cheaters (aim bots) every 3rd or 4th game (On PC).
Hit registration is horrible. Pathfinder specifically is impossible to hit.
New weapons? New Legends? None other than Octane & Havoc rifle.

There's like almost no support for the game and it's been out now for 3 months now. That's a great way to kill it.

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I feel like a lot of people are still playing. Also, the moment a new character/weapon/update comes out everyone who may have left will come crawling back. It's hardly on life support.

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Come on guys!!! Use the brain in your f***ing skull! :laugh:
THE GAME IS DEAD! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Definitely doesn't have the same player count but that's to be expected. Huge install base, players COULD easily come back. Problem is EA andf Respawn aren't doing jack chit for the game.

No QoL improvements.
Servers are still terrible.
Cheaters (aim bots) every 3rd or 4th game (On PC).
Hit registration is horrible. Pathfinder specifically is impossible to hit.
New weapons? New Legends? None other than Octane & Havoc rifle.

There's like almost no support for the game and it's been out now for 3 months now. That's a great way to kill it.

I agree there could be more content but people need to realize this is a smaller company who took a shot in the dark and the game just blew up like crazy go nuts. However they should have been better prepared for it and I agree definitely could update the game more often.

The game is VERY far from being dead though and not even close to being "on life support." ...One of the silliest narratives that people keep saying about the game. Yes, eventually, maybe a year or so down the road they will be right. Really depends on how Respawn handles this. Their Season 1 Battlepass kind of sucks too.

Reactions: Jauffre

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
As an audience we need to understand that companies such as Epic are able to churn out so much content because they are working their employees to the bone; there are reports of 100 hour workweeks being demanded.

I respect Respawn's (reportedly) unwillingness to do that even when it means content comes out slower. We need to be cognizant of how the content we are demanding is making its way to us.

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
I started playing Apex recently. Awesome game. I play it through apex stats esports platform where I can find new players for my team. It's quite entertaining! Want to become a pro one day.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I always chuckle whenever I see someone using their twitch channel as their name just to advertise to a couple extra people each game.

Reactions: Beau Knows

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Season 2 is out.

What are the minimum computer requirements to play this game? I doubt my laptop could run it... maybe if I got a graphics card upgrade?

You can't normally upgrade a video card in most laptops.

But it's a free game right so the worst that happens is you dl it and it doesn't work.

If I had your laptop specs I could tell you for sure :P

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
You can't normally upgrade a video card in most laptops.

But it's a free game right so the worst that happens is you dl it and it doesn't work.

If I had your laptop specs I could tell you for sure :P

I did the training that you need to start off and it worked fine. But I don't know how it would do if I played an actual game.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
As an audience we need to understand that companies such as Epic are able to churn out so much content because they are working their employees to the bone; there are reports of 100 hour workweeks being demanded.

I respect Respawn's (reportedly) unwillingness to do that even when it means content comes out slower. We need to be cognizant of how the content we are demanding is making its way to us.

This does not look accurate

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I did the training that you need to start off and it worked fine. But I don't know how it would do if I played an actual game.
If it "worked fine" then the only limitation should be your internet connection. Also, if you did the training why didnt you just play a game after?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
When your right, your right. EA has killed the game with the last paywall update. I told you guys EA would ruin this game.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
When your right, your right. EA has killed the game with the last paywall update. I told you guys EA would ruin this game.

the paywall is dumb and awful but come on now, it hardly kills the game. you can still play it. cosmetics dont make a game

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
the paywall is dumb and awful but come on now, it hardly kills the game. you can still play it. cosmetics dont make a game

Game has died off a lot. The style of play to rank up turned a lot of people off. The whole point of solos was to get them back. Plus, a lot of players upset at Fortnite for the mechs. This could have been a turning point for them if not for their greed. Their reddit is just threads of pissed off people. This might be the moment that killed the game.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
While I agree the microtransacations are really dumb, saying expensive skins is going to kill a game is equally dumb. People just won't buy them.

Apex's main problem is how damn slow their dev team is to do anything. If you look on the subreddit and ignore the immediate outrage or expensive microtransactions, you'll see a continuous trend that people are dealing with the same issues for months now and people first and foremost want issues fixed before they even want new content. The devs don't even do that.

I just recently started playing again. The game's still fun but the bugs that have been around from the start are making me get sick of the game again.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Game has died off a lot. The style of play to rank up turned a lot of people off. The whole point of solos was to get them back. Plus, a lot of players upset at Fortnite for the mechs. This could have been a turning point for them if not for their greed. Their reddit is just threads of pissed off people. This might be the moment that killed the game.
Could not be futher from the truth. Season 3 and so far season 4 has been great!
Lots of holiday events and consmetics, the grand soiree event was freaking great with all the different game modes they had. The map changes they are making have been solid. New weapons and characters have been really good and keep the game fresh.

Anyone here still playing? Thoughts on Revenant and new ammo type (sniper) set up?

I think Revenant had a great ability to lock down others from using their abilities but his ult is kind of meh. Its more or less good to be a distraction but late in game running around with totem active is kind of silly as you get wasted pretty fast and cant respawn TOO far away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad