Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Could not be futher from the truth. Season 3 and so far season 4 has been great!

Me and all my Apex predator friends quit playing. Except one, he's like Top 5 in wins now. All these BR had the same fate. Great games to start. Fortnite was actually good at one point. But they think they need to add all this goofy shit to keep players and appeal to casuals then lose their real player base. They don't think long term. PUBG and Apex second maps sucked and killed the games.

Only game to really have longevity was Rainbow 6. Even then you could argue it was better way before all these new operators. You can see they had it planned to a certain point then oh shit what else could we add and that's when it went to shit. They now have it where you can vote to eliminate operators because there's so many which adds another 1-2 mins to an already long game. Still way better than Apex or Pubg in their current states.

Last issue with PUBG and Apex is forcing people to play their new shitty maps. Can easily let people play what they enjoy but instead force you to play their new map. Alright then not going to play it at all instead of playing something I don't want to play. So stupid.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Me and all my Apex predator friends quit playing. Except one, he's like Top 5 in wins now. All these BR had the same fate. Great games to start. Fortnite was actually good at one point. But they think they need to add all this goofy **** to keep players and appeal to casuals then lose their real player base. They don't think long term. PUBG and Apex second maps sucked and killed the games.

Only game to really have longevity was Rainbow 6. Even then you could argue it was better way before all these new operators. You can see they had it planned to a certain point then oh **** what else could we add and that's when it went to ****. They now have it where you can vote to eliminate operators because there's so many which adds another 1-2 mins to an already long game. Still way better than Apex or Pubg in their current states.

Last issue with PUBG and Apex is forcing people to play their new ****ty maps. Can easily let people play what they enjoy but instead force you to play their new map. Alright then not going to play it at all instead of playing something I don't want to play. So stupid.
Even COD Blackout is still popular and its HUGE on mobile. I get that you personally don't care for it anymore but Apex is still going very strong with a large player-base and they keep adding tons of content to keep the game fresh. You, your 5 friends and even HFBoards don't at all speak to the big community it has. R6 is fun, I played it for years, but I don't anymore so I guess it just has no longevity because I don't play it anymore lol.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Even COD Blackout is still popular and its HUGE on mobile. I get that you personally don't care for it anymore but Apex is still going very strong with a large player-base and they keep adding tons of content to keep the game fresh. You, your 5 friends and even HFBoards don't at all speak to the big community it has. R6 is fun, I played it for years, but I don't anymore so I guess it just has no longevity because I don't play it anymore lol.

And what rank were you in those two games?

Currently going on 5 year old game, R6 has 90k viewers on Twitch to Apex 42k.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
And what rank were you in those two games?

Currently going on 5 year old game, R6 has 90k viewers on Twitch to Apex 42k.
Dude, I am not talking about popularity with streamers or even on forums. I made that pretty clear in my last post. You are saying the game is dying or dead and it's very far from it. Quit acting like anyone who says anything good about the game is saying it's the most amazing game ever and most popular game ever made.

Chillax. There is no reason to just constantly hate on something cause you dislike it. You seem to have some complex about the game still being VERY active with a huge playerbase that you have to compare it to games with more streaming views. Are you that insecure? Serious question.

Apex Legends is a fantastic game to a lot of people, huge player base and a lot of people like it. Nobody is saying its the most popular ever.

Let people enjoy it bro.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Dude, I am not talking about popularity with streamers or even on forums. I made that pretty clear in my last post. You are saying the game is dying or dead and it's very far from it. Quit acting like anyone who says anything good about the game is saying it's the most amazing game ever and most popular game ever made.

Chillax. There is no reason to just constantly hate on something cause you dislike it. You seem to have some complex about the game still being VERY active with a huge playerbase that you have to compare it to games with more streaming views. Are you that insecure? Serious question.

Apex Legends is a fantastic game to a lot of people, huge player base and a lot of people like it. Nobody is saying its the most popular ever.

Let people enjoy it bro.

You ignored what I said though. I said the new map killed the game and it lost a majority of it's really good player base. Just like Fornite and PUBG. They all made the same horrible decisions to cater to casual/average players. You won't tell me your rank so I'm guessing that's why you enjoy it.

I'll admit I hated on the game when it first came out. Then played the hell out of it. But I was ultimately right in the end. It made the mistakes I knew it would, it just took a lot longer than expected.

I'll let people enjoy it but the lack of post in this thread and twitch viewership proves not many people are.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Game has died off a lot. The style of play to rank up turned a lot of people off. The whole point of solos was to get them back. Plus, a lot of players upset at Fortnite for the mechs. This could have been a turning point for them if not for their greed. Their reddit is just threads of pissed off people. This might be the moment that killed the game.
6 months later, Apex is going into season 4, seems to still be pretty popular. Of course popularity went down a lot, but it was obviously never going to maintain a 50 Million player base.

My best friend and I played it religiously through seasons 1 and 2, we weren't crazy about the new map so we stopped for a long time. I trashed the game hardcore for how they were managing the game, but they've been improving. We're picking it back up in season 4. The game seems fairly fresh after the re-balancing that they've done and the different events they've done. They're also re-opening King's Canyon later this season which we're VERY excited about. The other game modes were interesting, but I didn't pick them up a whole lot.

I don't think many people ever expected it to remain a tip-top game forever, but it's far from dead.

Reactions: Roman Fell

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
6 months later, Apex is going into season 4, seems to still be pretty popular. Of course popularity went down a lot, but it was obviously never going to maintain a 50 Million player base.

My best friend and I played it religiously through seasons 1 and 2, we weren't crazy about the new map so we stopped for a long time. I trashed the game hardcore for how they were managing the game, but they've been improving. We're picking it back up in season 4. The game seems fairly fresh after the re-balancing that they've done and the different events they've done. They're also re-opening King's Canyon later this season which we're VERY excited about. The other game modes were interesting, but I didn't pick them up a whole lot.

I don't think many people ever expected it to remain a tip-top game forever, but it's far from dead.

Bingo, my point exactly. And it could have remained a tip top game forever if they didn't make the same mistakes as all the others BRs. That's my point.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

During the Grand Soiree event a couple weeks ago one of the game modes was "Kings Canyon at night." It was fun to play KC again and it was night time so that was cool. They put those level 4 scopes all over the place. It wasn't hard to see people but those did help. There is no mid-range though so everyone was running around with snipers and SMG's or pistols. Which was cool.

I still tried to find an R-301 or Spitfire since you didn't NEED those scopes.

I wasn't a fan of the new map but it grew on me, it's fine. Game is just too fun for me right now.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Bingo, my point exactly. And it could have remained a tip top game forever if they didn't make the same mistakes as all the others BRs. That's my point.
That hasn't been your point, though. Your point has seemed to be that the game is dead and no one likes it anymore, and that they drove it into the ground. 6 Months ago you were talking about "the moment that killed the game", but it's still going strong.

Realistically, I don't think there was any chance for Apex to actually remain at the tip-top without making huge unrealistic changes.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Let people enjoy it bro.
Lmao “huge player base” :laugh: It’s been a niche game since they stopped paying streamers to play it.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Lmao “huge player base” :laugh: It’s been a niche game since they stopped paying streamers to play it.
Whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better, hater. Tons of people play the game, they keep adding content and at 3am connected to the Iowa datacenter on a Wed morning everytime I clicked "play" it found a game in less than 5 seconds.

Never understood people with such sad lives they just trash games they don't even play but lots of other people do.

Ah well.

Reactions: Roman Fell

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Their 1st battle pass was horrendous, that's when I stopped playing and never went back. Also, it was the only game that lagged consistently for me.
I mean it's just cosmetics like every other game.

Never had lag myself.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
That hasn't been your point, though. Your point has seemed to be that the game is dead and no one likes it anymore, and that they drove it into the ground. 6 Months ago you were talking about "the moment that killed the game", but it's still going strong.

Realistically, I don't think there was any chance for Apex to actually remain at the tip-top without making huge unrealistic changes.
For a BR game nobody saw coming it's doing very well. Definitely not dead. Good to see someone not just hating a game they don't even play. Right on man.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
You ignored what I said though. I said the new map killed the game and it lost a majority of it's really good player base. Just like Fornite and PUBG. They all made the same horrible decisions to cater to casual/average players. You won't tell me your rank so I'm guessing that's why you enjoy it.

I'll admit I hated on the game when it first came out. Then played the hell out of it. But I was ultimately right in the end. It made the mistakes I knew it would, it just took a lot longer than expected.

I'll let people enjoy it but the lack of post in this thread and twitch viewership proves not many people are.

You sound like some BR elitist. Asking about people's rank, and basing the size of the player base on Twitch views and the lack of posts in a sub thread on a HOCKEY forum. People play the game and they still enjoy it. You weren't right about shit. The games been out for a year and I'd say it's doing just fine. If you don't play it anymore, great. Sounds like we're all be better off without you in the game.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You sound like some BR elitist. Asking about people's rank, and basing the size of the player base on Twitch views and the lack of posts in a sub thread on a HOCKEY forum. People play the game and they still enjoy it. You weren't right about ****. The games been out for a year and I'd say it's doing just fine. If you don't play it anymore, great. Sounds like we're all be better off without you in the game.

Well yeah, my whole point was when the 2nd map dropped majority of the good players, Apex Predators quit playing because they do stupid stuff to cater to casual/bad players. Fornite and PUBG did the same thing. The fact he wouldn't tell me his rank means I'm correct.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You sound like some BR elitist. Asking about people's rank, and basing the size of the player base on Twitch views and the lack of posts in a sub thread on a HOCKEY forum. People play the game and they still enjoy it. You weren't right about ****. The games been out for a year and I'd say it's doing just fine. If you don't play it anymore, great. Sounds like we're all be better off without you in the game.
Exactly.

Probably the same people who think Rocket League is dead even though it still has huge e-league events.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Exactly.

Probably the same people who think Rocket League is dead even though it still has huge e-league events.
Definitely a BR elitist lol.

He doesn't seem to get that hardcore top-ranked players are actually the minority (especially in a free game), whereas casual players are the massive population. Catering a game based to the small population of top-rank players and alienating the casuals would be counter-productive.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Well yeah, my whole point was when the 2nd map dropped majority of the good players, Apex Predators quit playing because they do stupid stuff to cater to casual/bad players. Fornite and PUBG did the same thing. The fact he wouldn't tell me his rank means I'm correct.
Out of curiosity, how does the new map cater to casuals? I am absolutely casual and enjoy Apex, but what about the new map deters hardcore players from playing?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Out of curiosity, how does the new map cater to casuals? I am absolutely casual and enjoy Apex, but what about the new map deters hardcore players from playing?

A lot more crap on the map and levels. Easier for people to hide. Don't get me wrong people would hide on the 1st map too. But it was more wide open and gun on gun imo.

The new dajaloot mode is different and fun though.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't see any of this. The new map is fine. It's atmosphere is kind of lost as they tried to put all environment types into one map but as far as design it's a good map IMO.

Reactions: BrokenFace

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Season 5 starting today at 1pm EST, complete with a new Legend! I'm rather interested to see how useful Loba will be.

My best friend and I played this game quite a lot during seasons 1 and 2, really got lost during season 3 when they introduced World's Edge. I wasn't crazy about Wattson, and I felt like the guns were kind of stagnant. I was really happy with them bringing King's Canyon back and re-shuffling the way some of the guns worked.

I think they've done a wonderful job of responding to the feedback of the game and doing more things to keep players engaged and to bring back players that have left.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Here's the teaser videos for the new Legend, as well as a little introduction showing her actual gameplay abilities.

Definitely somewhat Sombra-esque from Overwatch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad