OT: Anything Goes 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I know I will be in the minority but I think there should not be limit and instead just have a 0.0% policy.

Why not just make it black and white?

In saying this I would also like for the insurance companies to subsidize rides home with the Uber type services and other ride services (obviously with a limit on the number of rides). Yes they would need a way to validate rides but this could be done with apps and the ride services.

Is this realistic? Most likely not but I can dream. I also just hate seeing the damage that impaired drives can cause.

Again, I am not judging other for driving under the legal limit but the .08% limit terrifies me because everyone reacts different with booze and I have seen people get sloppy with 1-2 drinks. Chances are they blow under but they are still not fit to drive. The human body is just crazy like that.

Distracted driving is another scary issue that keeps getting worse.

It's just completely impractical, and would be 100% abused by police, who already abuse the shit out of their power... f***ing mouthwash might put you over 0.0.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
It's just completely impractical, and would be 100% abused by police, who already abuse the shit out of their power... f***ing mouthwash might put you over 0.0.
Mouthwash can get to .002. That’s the weakest f’ing argument I’ve ever heard.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Mouthwash can get to .002. That’s the weakest f’ing argument I’ve ever heard.

Holy shit are you a f***ing contrarian clown. If mouthwash can get you to .002, then obviously an absolute of 0% is not feasible.

P.S. For someone who has a massive disdain/trust for law enforcement, I find this entire f***ing argument from you hilarious. Breathalyzers have pretty f***ing terrible accuracy. Margin of error is between .005% and .02%. Not to mention, you have to actually trust that those breathalyzers aren't intentionally inaccurate. Yeah, OK.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Holy shit are you a f***ing contrarian clown. If mouthwash can get you to .002, then obviously an absolute of 0% is not feasible.

P.S. For someone who has a massive disdain/trust for law enforcement, I find this entire f***ing argument from you hilarious. Breathalyzers have pretty f***ing terrible accuracy. Margin of error is between .005% and .02%. Not to mention, you have to actually trust that those breathalyzers aren't intentionally inaccurate. Yeah, OK.
When did I ever say it has to be 0.0? What I said is that I don’t support driving after drinking. Somehow other countries are able to find fewer accidents and deaths at .02. But nah, can’t be done here. Mouthwash makes it so complicated.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I too
If I have even a single drink I don't drive, literally even one sip. I know I am different in this but I just refuse to get behind the wheel if I drink. I am not judging those who drive after a drink or few (under the legal limit; if you drive over then that is a much different discussion) so please don't take it that way.

In saying this, I get pretty drunk sometimes and like doing so even though I like all booze tastes bad (except piña coladas). I just don't have a taste palate that like the taste of booze. I also can't drink beer. The weirdest thing is that I never drink and eat at the same time as it ruins food for me (makes me sick as well).
I too am not a fan of booze or “hoppy” beer. I will drink crappy American beer though. 😉
My go to is cherry vodka with Diet Coke.
I don’t like whiskey.
And I don’t think it’s weird. When out I’ll ask for a glass of water to drink with food. I agree that alcohol ruins the taste of the meal.

Reactions: Naster Okan

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I was joking around. I've always found "pop" silly. We really never called it that in my family.
Neither did we. I have been told it’s a Chicago thing. I spent from 1963 to 1996 in Chicago, much of that in the inner city (Grand and Western) and never ordered a pop. Funny though, we drank or asked for soda but returned pop bottles for the deposit

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I know I will be in the minority but I think there should not be limit and instead just have a 0.0% policy.

Why not just make it black and white?

In saying this I would also like for the insurance companies to subsidize rides home with the Uber type services and other ride services (obviously with a limit on the number of rides). Yes they would need a way to validate rides but this could be done with apps and the ride services.

Is this realistic? Most likely not but I can dream. I also just hate seeing the damage that impaired drives can cause.

Again, I am not judging other for driving under the legal limit but the .08% limit terrifies me because everyone reacts different with booze and I have seen people get sloppy with 1-2 drinks. Chances are they blow under but they are still not fit to drive. The human body is just crazy like that.

Distracted driving is another scary issue that keeps getting worse.
I am with you. I had a police officer give me a break back in no college and I haven’t had one drink and driven since. I just don’t want to have to walk a line or risk staying in jail overnight. And my job is very dependent on driving to accounts so I just don’t. Don’t care who does what but as adults we know the risk.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I likewise mostly gave up alcohol, but that's really only because I don't really get anything out of it anymore without a sense of taste.

Shame, too. I had discovered that I really loved scotch about two or three months before covid.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. What's everyone cooking?

I've been assigned cornish hens, au gratin potatoes, and pumpkin pie. First time making the hens and pie.
Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm in charge of the whole meal. Started with sous vide the turkey yesterday (and ongoing); will crisp up the skin just before serving. Also mashed potatoes with mascarpone. A gravy. A strawberry/banana/blueberry jello salad. A melon+cucumber+red onion salad. Dressing with italian sausage, sage, roasted chestnuts, sourdough, etc. And sort of a cranberry sauce (brown sugar, orange juice, Gran Marnier) which I'm not crazy about. Pillsbury crescent rolls.. No dessert other than ice cream, if anybody wants some.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Thanksgiving is a fun day, but the food is wildly overrated. Turkey (dry and tasteless unless smothered with gravy), stuffing (yuck), sweet potatoes (meh), cranberry sauce (tons of sugar). And pie sucks. I decided I’m just going to eat vegetables at dinner and then afterwards during football I’ll eat the second half of the chicken wrap from the other day.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Thanksgiving is a fun day, but the food is wildly overrated. Turkey (dry and tasteless unless smothered with gravy), stuffing (yuck), sweet potatoes (meh), cranberry sauce (tons of sugar). And pie sucks. I decided I’m just going to eat vegetables at dinner and then afterwards during football I’ll eat the second half of the chicken wrap from the other day.
Turkey is pretty meh but I think you're wrong about everything else.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
We chose to do a Turkey breast with the stuffing rolled up in it as there are only 2 of us. It is a recipe from Giada and I made her chocolate chip cheesecake as well for a kind of Italian themed day. On the weekend we will have venison chili which I look forward to more than anything else!

Reactions: hawksrule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad