OT: Anything Goes 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I don’t see how there’s any way McDavid and Draisaitl can carry this oilers team to another conference final let alone a cup final. This Oilers team is built so damn badly. McDavid has a constant expression of an existential crisis taking place.

Just realized I wasn’t in the around the league thread. Sorry Everyone
That conference is so weak it is the only way they have won. Put them in the east and they would be laughable.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
That conference is so weak it is the only way they have won. Put them in the east and they would be laughable.
I’d love to see those two on different teams. They’re incredibly exciting to watch… the team around them is literally as mediocre you can get while spending to the cap. That’s impressive.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Metallica is doing something unique this upcoming tour. They are playing 2 nights at each location. One ticket for both shows with each having totally different set lists. Might have to hit them up again to see that.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So the class action lawsuit filed by a woman against Kraft Foods due to what she claims is false and misleading claims that their Velveeta Microwaveablec Max&Cheese takes longer to prepare than the 3 and a half minutes they state on the package shows how desperate some lawyers are for business to take on such an obvious frivolous loserr case.

1 Her suit is based on the extraxsteps involving time that it takes to prepare beyondctgex3 minutes of actual microwave time Kraft states is needed to prepare the product before eating..

If this is her argument...that opening the package ,mixing thec contents,adding water,microwaving and then stirring add uo to lingerctgan 3 and a half minutes,then eitgercshecisxa very very slow prepare taking thexexrraxsteoscon prep time IR she simply is a osycho scan artist trying to hoodwinked thexsystemabdxwaste taxpayer court time ....or both.

So :
So what if it does take 35-40 seconds not jist 30 seconds to open the package and contents pouches in a bowl with water before microwaving ...then stir it up before serving?
Even if this were true,diesctgexextrax5 to 10 seconds its costs her valuable time justify a $5million damages lawsuit.,How is she harmed by that much?Or if others join her case and they each drop to a 50cent share of the $5million,how can an extract to 19 seconds or even 20 or 30seconds more harm them that much?

So I guess it comes down to how light does it take to open the Boland tge pouches...oorcintova bowl.. add water then stir after tgexagreed on microwave tone of 3 minutes?

I suggest most people can do tge extra steps in less than 30 seconds..butceven ifvittakes 35csecobdsvorc40bsecobds how mich shoukd Kraft pay for a few more seconds of extra prep time if tgat turns out to be true.. whichbit may not.

A simple test of a random panel chosen off tgexstreet to do these extra steps woukd determine if they can do it in 30 seconds or less or if it takes a few more seconds to complete these extra tasks.

Her case is absurdxandctge lawyer taking it on for her should be admonished by the court of it ever got to court.

If I were Kraft,I fight this nuisance case all the way .. thisxwoman and her lawyers ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Love
Reactions: Ace Rothstein

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Once you’re in a strong union, do you get a “stuck” feeling where you stay even though you hate it ?
Congress is about to force a contract on us, "strong union" feels a bit off at the moment.

But it's a hard question to answer. I'm good at what I do, it provides for me and mine with a good pension and benefits. Stuck? I guess? Not many jobs available that will pay anywhere near this well for a guy with my skill set that aren't in the same field where I wouldn't be starting right back at the bottom.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Congress is about to force a contract on us, "strong union" feels a bit off at the moment.

But it's a hard question to answer. I'm good at what I do, it provides for me and mine with a good pension and benefits. Stuck? I guess? Not many jobs available that will pay anywhere near this well for a guy with my skill set that aren't in the same field where I wouldn't be starting right back at the bottom.
You can come learn software with me. Get your nerd on.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

My brother 'drives' for CN. He is not too happy with the forcing from govt either.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
It doesn't seem like that is how it should work. The govt. meddling in this. I get there is some item they are working off of that allows them to. But wish we could also vote on their raises, etc. since they vote on their own shit.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It doesn't seem like that is how it should work. The govt. meddling in this. I get there is some item they are working off of that allows them to. But wish we could also vote on their raises, etc. since they vote on their own shit.
Hard for me to say much without getting political, but yes, as a union steward it's been a brutal couple of days.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Nice try Elon.
Highly recommended dude. I got out of the service industry and into that field. It was a difficult thing to make happen but totally worth it.

Conceptually it isn’t that difficult to understand. You just have to learn the syntax and everything else is flow of logic. It’s like learning a new language

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Highly recommended dude. I got out of the service industry and into that field. It was a difficult thing to make happen but totally worth it.

Conceptually it isn’t that difficult to understand. You just have to learn the syntax and everything else is flow of logic. It’s like learning a new language
It’s not overly difficult but it can be daunting knowing where to start

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Traditional work isn't for everyone, and I know it isn't for me.

I wish I could learn a skill that would allow for WFH freelance work so I don't have to put tons of miles on my new car. Been doing Uber for the last 4 years.

I tried A+/NW+ for a while, but they're too customer centric and I need to be as independent/away from customers as possible.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What they're doing is so shitty. Everyone is selling you out. You guys(and everyone else in the workforce for that matter) deserves PTO.
We've got PTO it's just needlessly complicated and at Management's discretion.

It's put us in a weird spot where like 60% of our yard has and abuses FMLA and the company only pretends to care because that's the only solution that kinda works.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We've got PTO it's just needlessly complicated and at Management's discretion.

It's put us in a weird spot where like 60% of our yard has and abuses FMLA and the company only pretends to care because that's the only solution that kinda works.
Do you really have PTO if it's not guaranteed though?

Also, would the deal that guarantees 7 or 14 days PTO actually be functionally worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad