OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I get that it’s a bigger group but that was rude of that guy to ASSume dinner plans for all of you. Shoulda said something man!

I know, I should have, but it was a couple guys, and everyone else seemed into it, and I was caught off guard, and before I knew it the group order was happening.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Chrome gets worse and worse. And the stupid tab groups theyve been slowly forcing on everyone are the most irritating thing in the world. Another 6 months and i doubt ill be able to disable them at all anymore.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So I need to rant a bit about my evening. My kid graduated high school, and we went out for dinner afterwards with three other families. We were the last ones to get there, and before I can even look at the menu two of the other guys took it upon themselves to start ordering a bunch of things for the table. This wasn't a family style restaurant, and I don't like sharing my dinner - I order a main course I want and I'm not interested in having two bites of eight different meals. Meanwhile, they order pizzas with toppings I don't like, pastas which I don't eat, eggplant parm (dislike eggplant), kale salad (yuck), caesar salad (not worth the calories), one order of salmon, and a smelly cheese plate. Mrs. Hawksrule read my face before I even said anything and whispered to me it would be socially awkward for me to order my own dinner while everyone else was sharing. And I hadn't eaten lunch either. Tl;dr, I paid $200 for a bite of salmon.
Woof.

Reactions: hawksrule

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I know, I should have, but it was a couple guys, and everyone else seemed into it, and I was caught off guard, and before I knew it the group order was happening.
The tour guide special--"I eat here all the time and everyone I bring loves all of this. If it's not your thing--come on, try it, you'll like it too." They didn't top it off with some hot shot liquor choice to show you how refined their palate is?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Waiting all day for the hospital to call us to tell us it is ok for my wife and I to head over for her to be induced for labor. Gonna be a loooooooong day and they said they might not even call until 10pm.

Good luck. Hope you got a lot of sleep last night.

Reactions: RayP

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Designing and programming an HMI for work. Designed the GUI using the San Jose Sharks retro color (colour if you’re Canadian) scheme. Thank god for hockey logos because I have next to zero artistic creativity so I’ll be biting a lot of their ideas for inspiration.

maxresdefault.jpg

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
My weight loss has been done for 2-3 months and staying around 188 +/- 2 depending on the week. So I would consider going from 248 to 188 a success with maintaining. I was going to try for 180 but with the working out I have flattened where I am so I am good with it.

I recommend everyone give it a go if overweight. If I can do it anyone can.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
So I need to rant a bit about my evening. My kid graduated high school, and we went out for dinner afterwards with three other families. We were the last ones to get there, and before I can even look at the menu two of the other guys took it upon themselves to start ordering a bunch of things for the table. This wasn't a family style restaurant, and I don't like sharing my dinner - I order a main course I want and I'm not interested in having two bites of eight different meals. Meanwhile, they order pizzas with toppings I don't like, pastas which I don't eat, eggplant parm (dislike eggplant), kale salad (yuck), caesar salad (not worth the calories), one order of salmon, and a smelly cheese plate. Mrs. Hawksrule read my face before I even said anything and whispered to me it would be socially awkward for me to order my own dinner while everyone else was sharing. And I hadn't eaten lunch either. Tl;dr, I paid $200 for a bite of salmon.

f*** that. I woulda been ordering something.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Another reason to love living in Canada over the
U.S.

We Canadians are getting ANOTHER statutory national holiday...The T&R Holiday wilkbe A Day Of Truth and Reconciliation for Canadians to reflect o their national guilt for horrible treatment of our indigenous peoples ...

So while families get another day to goof off work whike still getting paid or getgibg oaid overtime for essential workers that have to work that day, how many of us will "reflect" on the substance of past governments that mistreated our native peoples ?

Probably not many...but this "gesture" satisfies the guilt of our current leaders ..who alk have signed on for this.
Isn't Canada great?

So nationally we have Boxing ng Day (Day zfter Christnas as a national Stat Holiday and now this T&R new Holiday set for Sept. 30th.

Plus here in Ontario (not sure about other Provinces((we also get Family Day in February as a Stat Holiday day off.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’ve started this girl and she’s fantastic, I’m really happy with her.

The only problem is, she’s a fan of the Predators and the Ducks....

Send help.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Until she left for the bathroom. Asked for the check left a bit more than half on the table in cash and ghosted.
I'm not really into the dating thing as far as decorum and such--why is this an acceptable move? Is it not possible to look at her directly while at the table and tell her you aren't feeling the way things are going? I've heard of girls handling things similarly, but I can kinda understand that when assault or other aggressive behavior is more in play for being so direct with a stranger.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm not really into the dating thing as far as decorum and such--why is this an acceptable move? Is it not possible to look at her directly while at the table and tell her you aren't feeling the way things are going? I've heard of girls handling things similarly, but I can kinda understand that when assault or other aggressive behavior is more in play for being so direct with a stranger.

If I thought she was boring or I didn't enjoy her company that's something else entirely. If during dessert you drop an n bomb? Not apologizing for dipping on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad