OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I gave her a bit more credit than going that route. I assumed it was just commenting on another diner's attire or using words that indicate being racist rather than going right to the top with it. Still, walk out while she's there if you're so vehement about it.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Not that its your responsibility, but telling her you find her bigotry off putting and have no interest in somebody like that might snap her out of her ignorance.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I gave her a bit more credit than going that route. I assumed it was just commenting on another diner's attire or using words that indicate being racist rather than going right to the top with it. Still, walk out while she's there if you're so vehement about it.
I mean, maybe? Not saying I handled it perfectly but I've never wanted to bail on a first date so hard in my life. I don't think I was the issue.

Reactions: hawksrule

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
If you're openly dropping racial slurs around people you met an hour ago I don't see much of a road to redemption.
Like i said, not your responsibility and im not making excuses for her, but its possible thats she grew up around that and everyone she associates with has always been like that so she just assumes its normal. Though, 2021 chicago area is not exactly a racial monolith.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Not that its your responsibility, but telling her you find her bigotry off putting and have no interest in somebody like that might snap her out of her ignorance.
Right, because these people are known for "snapping out of it".

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

John Cena was doing a promo tour for F9 and in one of the interviews he referred to Taiwan as an independent country. He then releases an apology video in full fluent MANDARIN saying how deeply sorry he is, how much he loves China, and how much he loves the people of China.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
John Cena was doing a promo tour for F9 and in one of the interviews he referred to Taiwan as an independent country. He then releases an apology video in full fluent MANDARIN saying how deeply sorry he is, how much he loves China, and how much he loves the people of China.
Ok

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Follow a weather forum and was following when the storm developed. Hope y'all are safe. Unfortunately, there wasn't much warning with this one and the time of the night definitely doesn't help

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm west NW Naperville and we are ok. But seeing some troubling (but unconfirmed, so won't share) "reports" about SE Naperville and Woodridge. Hope everyone is ok.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm west NW Naperville and we are ok. But seeing some troubling (but unconfirmed, so won't share) "reports" about SE Naperville and Woodridge. Hope everyone is ok.
Skilling said that he has photos of roofs torn off houses down there. It's bad.

Overnight tornadoes are the worst. I fear what I will wake up to in the morning.

Thoughts are with everyone affected.

Storm chasers are reporting EF3-EF4 damage.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Reside in Beecher and it was pretty alarming when WGN starts mentioning a tornado is forming in that very town, but I don't think I have any damages here. So that's good.

Also have a camper in a campground in southwest Michigan. That town also was namedropped on some weather forecasts for having rotations develop, so hopefully I'm lucky both times and don't have damage at either place.

But I am alive, at least. Yall can't get rid of me that easily.

Reactions: Cody Webster

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Reside in Beecher and it was pretty alarming when WGN starts mentioning a tornado is forming in that very town, but I don't think I have any damages here. So that's good.

Also have a camper in a campground in southwest Michigan. That town also was namedropped on some weather forecasts for having rotations develop, so hopefully I'm lucky both times and don't have damage at either place.

But I am alive, at least. Yall can't get rid of me that easily.
It's batshit insane how many people I know from or living in the three stop light town of Beecher.

Glad you're safe bud. Rain whipped through Evergreen sideways, me kiddo and the dog in the basement. She was more excited about playing minecraft close to midnight than worried about tornado's.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's batshit insane how many people I know from or living in the three stop light town of Beecher.

Glad you're safe bud. Rain whipped through Evergreen sideways, me kiddo and the dog in the basement. She was more excited about playing minecraft close to midnight than worried about tornado's.
They obviously all came this way to be closer to me and my excellence.

I remember the days growing up when I'd bring my Gameboy Color and a copy of Pokémon Blue into the basement in weather like this. Good times, being able to play games and not worry about the horrifying weather conditions outside. So I'm sure you're daughter was living it up down there.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad