OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Even back when I ate meat I didn’t eat hotdogs, or anything from an industrial sausage plant.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Woke up to gunshots last night and our neighbor apparently murdering his wife/girlfriend and then turning the gun on himself or her doing that to him.

We had our window open and where we live has a bad echo sounded like someone shot the gun in our bedroom. I know he had a kid from a prior relationship and he seemed like a good dad from the little I saw.

Terrible stuff.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Jesus... can't even imagine @RayP . Prayers to both their families.

Yeah wild stuff. Shooting happened at 11pm or so when we heard it. Woke up to their townhouse all police taped up. Around 9am saw them stretcher 2 bodies out and by 10am all the tape was pulled down and all 10 or so cop and crime scene cars were gone.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Did you know the neighbor? Any warning signs that something was wrong that you now realize were warning signs?

Nah, said hi if we crossed paths walking down sidewalk but that’s it. Him and what I assume was his girlfriend always seemed happy. Every single time we saw either they were always laughing and smiling. He had only lived her for a few months now.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Woke up to gunshots last night and our neighbor apparently murdering his wife/girlfriend and then turning the gun on himself or her doing that to him.

We had our window open and where we live has a bad echo sounded like someone shot the gun in our bedroom. I know he had a kid from a prior relationship and he seemed like a good dad from the little I saw.

Terrible stuff.

Holy shit! That's so terrible

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Holy crap.

Do any of you know about the Blackhawks' Lasik eye surgery giveaway they've been doing this year? Free Lasik surgery for a random person when the Hawks score a goal in the last two minutes of the 2nd period?

SharpeVision MODERN LASIK Two Minutes to 20/20 Sweepstakes

Well, I just won thanks to a goal on April 6th. Checked my email just because it's been a few days and I'm the lucky winner. Legit email address and everything (from Blackhawks.com).

Have had glasses for half my life (first day of HS) and figured I'd always have them. Now? I can get free surgery and potentially never wear them again.

Thank you very much for your goal, Mr DeBrincat.
Update: my eyes are a bit foggy and not as clear as they should be, but surgery went well and I'm already noticing slight improvements since I got the procedure at around 1pm. Should see (pun intended) some big improvements after a good night's sleep.

Thanks again, Brinksy!

Reactions: Putt Pirate

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Switched from iphone to android last Friday and it's been an absolute nightmare. Stupid imessage means my phone number still reads as an iphone and any texts sent to me from an iphone aren't going through. Caused issues with me and my girl, me and my ex and caused problems at work.

Think it's finally fixed but holy hell texting somebody shouldn't be this difficult.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Switched from iphone to android last Friday and it's been an absolute nightmare. Stupid imessage means my phone number still reads as an iphone and any texts sent to me from an iphone aren't going through. Caused issues with me and my girl, me and my ex and caused problems at work.

Think it's finally fixed but holy hell texting somebody shouldn't be this difficult.

Blame Apple and their stupid proprietary crap.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
The screen on my s8+ cracked like 3 weeks ago so i had to get a new phone, wanted to get a z flip, but a new one is supposed to be coming this summer so i got a motorola in the meantime. I now know why motorola has basically fallen off the map compared to early 2000's when the razr was ubiquitous. The only positive thing i can say is that at least it doesnt have a curved screen like all the new galaxy phones so the case can actually do its job.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Also dont understand the fascination with 37 different cameras on phones. I wish there were flagships that didnt focus on the camera outside of making sure it can record at least 1080p video.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
So I need to rant a bit about my evening. My kid graduated high school, and we went out for dinner afterwards with three other families. We were the last ones to get there, and before I can even look at the menu two of the other guys took it upon themselves to start ordering a bunch of things for the table. This wasn't a family style restaurant, and I don't like sharing my dinner - I order a main course I want and I'm not interested in having two bites of eight different meals. Meanwhile, they order pizzas with toppings I don't like, pastas which I don't eat, eggplant parm (dislike eggplant), kale salad (yuck), caesar salad (not worth the calories), one order of salmon, and a smelly cheese plate. Mrs. Hawksrule read my face before I even said anything and whispered to me it would be socially awkward for me to order my own dinner while everyone else was sharing. And I hadn't eaten lunch either. Tl;dr, I paid $200 for a bite of salmon.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So I need to rant a bit about my evening. My kid graduated high school, and we went out for dinner afterwards with three other families. We were the last ones to get there, and before I can even look at the menu two of the other guys took it upon themselves to start ordering a bunch of things for the table. This wasn't a family style restaurant, and I don't like sharing my dinner - I order a main course I want and I'm not interested in having two bites of eight different meals. Meanwhile, they order pizzas with toppings I don't like, pastas which I don't eat, eggplant parm (dislike eggplant), kale salad (yuck), caesar salad (not worth the calories), one order of salmon, and a smelly cheese plate. Mrs. Hawksrule read my face before I even said anything and whispered to me it would be socially awkward for me to order my own dinner while everyone else was sharing. And I hadn't eaten lunch either. Tl;dr, I paid $200 for a bite of salmon.

Need some new friends. ;)

f*** people like that. I'd have just ordered my own meal.

Reactions: hawksrule

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

I get that it’s a bigger group but that was rude of that guy to ASSume dinner plans for all of you. Shoulda said something man!

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Microsoft Edge is an excellent, excellent web browser. Complete 180 from what Internet Explorer was.

We use it and Microsoft Share Point for work. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad