OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
We were just looking at month long rentals in Florence yesterday, for this September depending how things go with them re opening.

If you're looking for a month-long rental in Europe, highly recommend looking at Portugal. Such a fantastic country and more affordable than a lot of western Europe. Good food, good wine, beautiful scenery. What more can you ask?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah trying to find a small mountain town of sorts near some amazing outdoors and mountain biking. Something like a Bend, OR before it blew up with popularity.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If you're looking for a month-long rental in Europe, highly recommend looking at Portugal. Such a fantastic country and more affordable than a lot of western Europe. Good food, good wine, beautiful scenery. What more can you ask?

Nah, absolutely love Florence. It’s a done deal just need to figure out when they’ll allow us in. One of my favorite places in the world. We can get a really, really nice place for lime 2K Euros which includes all bills and utilities, and be in a part of town that won’t require a car.

I do want to visit Portugal one day but we’ve been dealing with some shit the last few months so just want to escape for a month or two somewhere we are familiar with.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Yeah, Spain is another one I'd probably recommend. My friend spent two weeks there a couple years ago, and he still hasn't stopped talking about it.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don’t think we could pull off anything international, so US for us.

The northeast has it all. Change of seasons, skiing, ocean beaches, big cities, quaint towns, good schools, and a generally more educated populace than the rest of the country.

sverige

Nov 4, 2014
I'm a big lurker and never or rarely post anything on the forum. But I read it everyday, follow the discussions and arguments, the squabble and the banter. You guys are the best and you help me keep up with the greatest team on earth. Keep up the good work, all of you!

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The northeast has it all. Change of seasons, skiing, ocean beaches, big cities, quaint towns, good schools, and a generally more educated populace than the rest of the country.
You forget endless congestion, high taxes, higher pollution, higher crime……cannot look at just the positives.

Inwould take the west 11 out of 10 times after coming from a big city up north. Hands down. Unless you like big city stuff (plays, not sure what else they have that is t out west) then by all means stay up there.

Reactions: RayP

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
You forget endless congestion, high taxes, higher pollution, higher crime……cannot look at just the positives.

Inwould take the west 11 out of 10 times after coming from a big city up north. Hands down. Unless you like big city stuff (plays, not sure what else they have that is t out west) then by all means stay up there.

Go drive in L.A. and tell me about the lack of congestion. For most of the last two decades NYC has been the safest big city in America. Show me your pollution stats.

You're free to like what you want, but everything you just said is made up in your head.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Go drive in L.A. and tell me about the lack of congestion. For most of the last two decades NYC has been the safest big city in America. Show me your pollution stats.

You're free to like what you want, but everything you just said is made up in your head.
I don’t live in LA. And I make it a point not to go there. I would ask you to maybe take a trip to anyplace other than LA, SF, Seattle and drive around the national parks, mountains, open spaces and then get back to me. Those are things you don’t have in The NE. I travel to every f***ing city in the NE for work and you can keep them, their airports, rude douchebags, filth, pollution….it is all yours to enjoy.

I have lived all over and for us the west is easily the best. I bet you haven’t lived out of the state you grew up in. You are entitled to your opinion….no matter how ill informed it is.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I don’t live in LA. And I make it a point not to go there. I would ask you to maybe take a trip to anyplace other than LA, SF, Seattle and drive around the national parks, mountains, open spaces and then get back to me. Those are things you don’t have in The NE. I travel to every f***ing city in the NE for work and you can keep them, their airports, rude douchebags, filth, pollution….it is all yours to enjoy.

I have lived all over and for us the west is easily the best. I bet you haven’t lived out of the state you grew up in. You are entitled to your opinion….no matter how ill informed it is.

Dude. You’re pretty much wrong about everything you said and all your assumptions of me, but live where you want to live, what do I care, and why would you care where I prefer. Your anger is really strange. Lighten up Frances.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Dude. You’re pretty much wrong about everything you said and all your assumptions of me, but live where you want to live, what do I care, and why would you care where I prefer. Your anger is really strange. Lighten up Frances.
I agree….live where you like it is a big beautiful country for most everyone. I am in no way ‘mad’ at anything so you can quit trying to change the narrative. You’ll get over your butthurt eventually.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I agree….live where you like it is a big beautiful country for most everyone. I am in no way ‘mad’ at anything so you can quit trying to change the narrative. You’ll get over your butthurt eventually.

Someone is nice and fired up on a Wednesday morning.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014

I think you forgot to take your meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad