Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Someone just got shot outside on Indiana

Shot up his charger and he crashed they are saying he is from my block

I heard the car crash but not shots

Everyone from both sides of street came out standing around as police/fire arrived and now they have it taped off

Nothing brings community together more then a shooting

Everyone just literally standing around watching

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It appears there has been 4 shootings in Dolton in last 24 hours and one involved police which now has lead to small protest this morning

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Jeopardy without Alex is like Price is Right without Bob Barker, or Late Night without Conan, or Daily Show without Jon Stewart. I just can't really imagine being interested again with their new hosts, though I've heard good things about most of the replacements.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
It's appropiate that Trebek dies shortly after Sean Connery. Will Ferrell/Darrell Hammond skit as Trebek/Connery will always be the funniest thing to me that SNL ever produce.

RIP 007 and Trebek.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Only a month ago Alex Trebek announced Ottawa's 1st round pick. Grew up watching him host Jeopardy; will miss him.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Jeopardy without Alex is like Price is Right without Bob Barker, or Late Night without Conan, or Daily Show without Jon Stewart. I just can't really imagine being interested again with their new hosts, though I've heard good things about most of the replacements.
I think it was said that Alex wanted Ken Jennings to follow in his footsteps. I can see that working out. He's already on the production team, immensely popular among Jeopardy fans and from his time on the show (more than 100 games total!) seems very quick on his feet as Alex was.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I think it was said that Alex wanted Ken Jennings to follow in his footsteps. I can see that working out. He's already on the production team, immensely popular among Jeopardy fans and from his time on the show (more than 100 games total!) seems very quick on his feet as Alex was.

It's probably not going to be Jennings unless ABC's reboot of "The Chase" does not happen. It's possible he could walk away from "The Chase" if the Jeopardy job is offered but I hope Jennings is not the next host. He was boring to me. Jennings would be one of the few personalities that would turn me off of Jeopardy. I personally hope somebody like Meredith Viera or John O'Hurley becomes the next, albeit temporary, host of Jeopardy until a long term option becomes available.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Anyone get a new Xbox? This new generation of consoles doesn't seem too impressive, but I'm looking out for an Xbox Series X anyway.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
It's probably not going to be Jennings unless ABC's reboot of "The Chase" does not happen. It's possible he could walk away from "The Chase" if the Jeopardy job is offered but I hope Jennings is not the next host. He was boring to me. Jennings would be one of the few personalities that would turn me off of Jeopardy. I personally hope somebody like Meredith Viera or John O'Hurley becomes the next, albeit temporary, host of Jeopardy until a long term option becomes available.
Jennings "joined the cast" of Jeopardy earlier this year so it'd be surprising if it was anyone but him.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Thanks for letting me know about "The Chase". Just watched an episode on YouTube and really enjoyed it!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Anyone get a new Xbox? This new generation of consoles doesn't seem too impressive, but I'm looking out for an Xbox Series X anyway.

If I'm honest, I'm perfectly happy with just my Switch to the point that my PS4 has been collecting dust for over a year now. I honestly think I'm probably not jumping into either next console realm until Elder Scrolls 6 comes out hopefully this decade. I already have a backlog a mile long on my PS4 that I'll probably never come back to, just because the hybrid model of the Switch honesty may have wrecked my interest in traditional console play.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The inner gamer in me is kicking my self for not being in a position to throw $500 at a new system right now, but at the same time, I can't think of one game I would actually wanna buy on a next gen system right now. Maybe Cyberpunk if it actually turns out decent? There is next to nothing that hypes me up that has been officially announced (outside of maybe Halo Infinite, but I didn't have an Xbox this gen, so I'm not missing out on anything that I haven't been for the last half a decade).

And I still need to play Last of Us Part 2, RE2make, and a number of other games on my PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln