OT: Anything Goes 38

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oh piss off. I drive a Subaru! :laugh:

But I’m judging all the bad drivers I see based off what I see while cycling.

Subaru drivers are either soccer moms who traded in their mini van for a crossover, for the safety record, or kids who don't know how to drive their WRX or STI, or even how to shift a manual trans for that matter. Sorry Ray. Lol.

I can't even count the times I'm on the highway and a f***ing Subaru driver won't move out of the left lane, and forces you to pass them on the right.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Subaru drivers are either soccer moms who traded in their mini van for a crossover for the safety record, or kids who don't know how to drive their WRX or STI, or even how to shift a manual trans for that matter. Sorry Ray. Lol.

I can't even count the times I'm on the highway and a f***ing Subaru driver won't move out of the left lane, and forces you to pass them on the right.

Funny, out in Utah and Colorado they’re so common that they don’t stand out. It’s probably why so many Audi and BMW drivers standout as being such assholes there.

The massive pickups out there while annoying are usually a non issue.

But down here in Florida all drivers are absolute shit.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Funny, out in Utah and Colorado they’re so common that they don’t stand out. It’s probably why so many Audi and BMW drivers standout as being such assholes there.

The massive pickups out there while annoying are usually a non issue.

But down here in Florida all drivers are absolute shit.

Oh, those Florida drivers ....

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The number of confederate flags would turn me off, personally. And for the school system supposedly being so good, there sure are a whole shitload of ignorant mother f***ers there. I loathe going into the stores in NW Indiana. Last time I was at Cabela's I would have thought I had leprosy with how I was looked at for wearing a f***ing mask... No thanks.

Didn't know that was the case, if so I agree.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Nah. Prius, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and pickup (one who don’t need them) drivers are the worst.

In the spirit of honesty, I drive a BMW.

I too like the German cars, but I have a preference for Audi. Mercedes is a terrible bang for the buck.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It was hyperbole but Indiana is an extremely racist state.

Audi are total shit nowadays. My buddy is a master mechanic at Audi.

Everything I hear from my buddies that are into cars is how much better Audis are these days.

I’m not a car guy at all, though.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Lol. Ok. I wouldn't trust the guy that works on them every day or anything.

I mean, I've owned two Audis and they were both great cars. Drove superb, great engines, beautiful and comfortable interiors. Your friend may not like them for who knows why, but to say they are total shit is plain nonsense.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I mean, I've owned two Audis and they were both great cars. Drove superb, great engines, beautiful and comfortable interiors. Your friend may not like them for who knows why, but to say they are total shit is plain nonsense.

What years?

They have improved recently, but here's a pretty good article that explains why they are not a good buy, still.

Here's Why Audi's Are Still Not Reliable In 2020

He works on them every day and is intimately familiar with their flaws. I'm going to go with that experience over you owning two of them, and probably getting lucky.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Yeah. You missed their window of total suck. Lol

If you're talking about the '80s-'90s, then yeah, they were notoriously unreliable, but they were acquired and are basically a different company from back then.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you're talking about the '80s-'90s, then yeah, they were notoriously unreliable, but they were acquired and are basically a different company from back then.

They started the downward trend in 2008 or so. The overwhelming majority of their models from 2008 up, are an absolute nightmare to own. The link I provided, has some good references, to show this. The Q7 you had was one of the exceptions.

I love the look and performance of Audi, but if I'm spending that much on a luxury vehicle, Audi is my last choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino