OT: Anything Goes 38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The inner gamer in me is kicking my self for not being in a position to throw $500 at a new system right now, but at the same time, I can't think of one game I would actually wanna buy on a next gen system right now. Maybe Cyberpunk if it actually turns out decent? There is next to nothing that hypes me up that has been officially announced (outside of maybe Halo Infinite, but I didn't have an Xbox this gen, so I'm not missing out on anything that I haven't been for the last half a decade).

And I still need to play Last of Us Part 2, RE2make, and a number of other games on my PS4.
I usually wait until they upgrade the hardware to buy a new system. Launch hardware sucks.

What's nice about Nintendo is that their games are timeless so I run a generation behind on them to save money. I'm still working on Wii and Wii U games now. Won't buy a Switch until the next Nintendo console comes out.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I understand there is a level of precision with a mouse that a joystick can't match, but I honestly cannot stand playing with keyboard/mouse. Just way too many controls mapped to different keys that I have to try fumbling around to find, instead of face and shoulder buttons easily accessible.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
When I asked this morning, I had missed out on the midnight drops from various retailers. Around 9 AM, I was kinda following a deal site's discussion on what was popping up throughout the day. One of the users then randomly claimed to work for a big box retailer and with a zip code and my phone number PM'd to him he could possibly locate one for pickup. He would send a link for me to purchase as normal via the store's web site. Sounded shady, but by the time I saw the post, a few others said it was legit and already had their Series X console ready for pickup on Friday. The guy called me an hour later to set me up with my own Series X ready for Friday pickup. I'm guessing he's in the supply chain/warehouse sector with access to their inventory system. What a strange way to acquire one--I still won't believe it until I have it on Friday.

As for the earlier discussion, this is a fairly lackluster launch compared to previous generations. The Switch currently has the most unique titles and most flexible ways for playing those titles. I'm far past being a competitive gamer so PC's being where it's at is fine for other people, but I've never made the jump beyond a few older games that were PC-exclusive.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Haven't understood the urgency to get a new console right now. The only significant next-gen game is on PS5 and it's a remaster of Demon Souls. The games might look a little prettier and play a little smoother but it's not like i'm playing on an OG Xbox or something. I'll have my X1 until a game comes out that forces me to upgrade.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I understand there is a level of precision with a mouse that a joystick can't match, but I honestly cannot stand playing with keyboard/mouse. Just way too many controls mapped to different keys that I have to try fumbling around to find, instead of face and shoulder buttons easily accessible.

So, you're just a PC gaming noob? :D And you can get a mouse with multiple buttons, that makes it just like those buttons on a controller.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
There are some games that are likely better with a controller, but that's mostly because they were developed for a console and ported. And even so, you can use a controller on PC, too.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So, you're just a PC gaming noob? :D And you can get a mouse with multiple buttons, that makes it just like those buttons on a controller.
I know there are different mouses and keyboards that act more like traditional buttons (and Dpad instead of that awful wasd scheme).

If I had thousands to blow, I would definitely try my hand at using a gaming PC with the best keyboard/mouse combo money could find. But I don't, so I'm not apart of the PC master race.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I know there are different mouses and keyboards that act more like traditional buttons (and Dpad instead of that awful wasd scheme).

If I had thousands to blow, I would definitely try my hand at using a gaming PC with the best keyboard/mouse combo money could find. But I don't, so I'm not apart of the PC master race.

I'm just busting your balls. You can build a good gaming PC for about a thousand.

WASD > Dpad... Way better.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I was about a thousand times the FPS player on PC as I am on the console. I just haven't had one in like 10+ years as I got out of the MMOs and never really kept up with the PC world after that.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Last night was the 1st where I realized how much I miss hockey right now. Tuesdays and Wednesdays when football is the only sport going are brutal!

My fiance and I started Lost last night, so that should eat up a lot of time through the next 4-5 months :laugh:

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Last night was the 1st where I realized how much I missed hockey right now. Tuesdays and Wednesdays when football is the only sport going are brutal!

My fiance and I started Lost last night, so that should eat up a lot of time through the next 4-5 months :laugh:

We rewatched it a year or two ago and we couldn’t believe how much we had forgotten. It was really enjoyable to watch again for us.

But we weren’t the types to be so seriously into it that we hated the final seasons because it got a little aimless.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Last night was the 1st where I realized how much I miss hockey right now. Tuesdays and Wednesdays when football is the only sport going are brutal!

I've been rewatching Lost as well. Great show. Probably the last great major network show, unless one is slipping my mind.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Anyone have a good stretching routine?
Looking for something to really loosen my lower body (hips especially) as I start my outdoor running in the winter.
Just sort’ve stuck in the past with my college football stretches.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I just received a bounceback from an attorney's Gmail account indicating that their inbox was full and couldn't receive any new messages.

.... I didn't even realize that was possible. How many hundreds of thousands of emails need to be in an inbox for a Gmail account to be full?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I just received a bounceback from an attorney's Gmail account indicating that their inbox was full and couldn't receive any new messages.

.... I didn't even realize that was possible. How many hundreds of thousands of emails need to be in an inbox for a Gmail account to be full?
Probably has a lot of files on Google Drive. I think they all share the same space.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Anyone have a good stretching routine?
Looking for something to really loosen my lower body (hips especially) as I start my outdoor running in the winter.
Just sort’ve stuck in the past with my college football stretches.

Youtube will have a ton. I have an inversion bench which is great for stretching, they are fairly inexpensive on Amazon. I use all my Tae Kwon Do stretches otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Anyone else play Civilization 6? My buddies tried to get me into it a few months ago and it didn’t stick but now that I’ve taken a dive into it it’s amazing. So much detail and complexity. So much history to learn too.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Anyone else play Civilization 6? My buddies tried to get me into it a few months ago and it didn’t stick but now that I’ve taken a dive into it it’s amazing. So much detail and complexity. So much history to learn too.

I need to. I played Civ 5 a ton. Haven't messed with 6 yet. Love the Civ games.

Just one more turn.... then you look at the clock and its 4 am

Pretty much this lol. Can't count how many times that has happened to me throughout the entire series of Civ games. Same with the Total War series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->