OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Sounds like Dish is committing suicide and has some balls trying to bully Fox here

I believe last year they dropped HBO/Cinemax and it sounds like they are going to stop supporting local sports networks dropping a variety including Avalance network

AT&T and a few others haven't renewed with NBC Sports Chicago but all are reportedly talking but it sounds like Dish may have walked away from NBC Sports Chicago among others

Comcast , AT&T , Dish and others all walked away from Altitude Sports ,, Damn wonder what the hell they were demanding for all the major players to walk away

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Real question will be how the Cubs network does

So far they don't have many providers lined up because its an extra fee on top of regional fee

I would much rather have NBC Chicago > Cubs crappy network

I do worry that AT&T wont sign up for NBC Chicago but after the recent Disney stuff I suspect they will go to wire again

If I lose Hawk games I have some backup possibilities to watch some games

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
It'll be hilarious if Comcast just says "no thanks". I'm not sure the risk of subscriber loss is worth it, though.

I'm sure all the vMVPDs (minus maybe Sling, since DISH!) will have it. I have Hulu Live and they're very quick to add channels. Got ACCN the day of the launch. Only thing I don't get is the league networks, but I live without. Don't have the time to watch MLB Tonight or NHL Tonight every night like I used to.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Getting back to the virus stuff

Don't use Norton as your Anti-Virus program. Years ago they f***ed up my computer with a messed up update that I had to factory restore my computer because update error screwed up my computer (As well as a 2nd in my house)

They then released a patch/update to address issue but I never went back

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You know I have had Investigation Discovery for years and it wasn't until this summer I started actually watching it

Love this channel now

Fear Thy Neighbor , Homicide Hunter and a few others are really entertaining to watch

Reactions: Illinihockey

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
It'll be hilarious if Comcast just says "no thanks". I'm not sure the risk of subscriber loss is worth it, though.

I'm sure all the vMVPDs (minus maybe Sling, since DISH!) will have it. I have Hulu Live and they're very quick to add channels. Got ACCN the day of the launch. Only thing I don't get is the league networks, but I live without. Don't have the time to watch MLB Tonight or NHL Tonight every night like I used to.
I've got Sling. If they ever lost NBCSN, I'd switch in a millisecond.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just realized that there are direct flights from Chicago to Sint Maarten.

Looks like there's a new winter vacation frontrunner that I'm going to bug my wife about. Until direct flights from Chicago to Curaçao happens.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
You know I have had Investigation Discovery for years and it wasn't until this summer I started actually watching it

Love this channel now

Fear Thy Neighbor , Homicide Hunter and a few others are really entertaining to watch

Get sucked into those episodes non stop

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Buddy at work got bit by a brown recluse. Knew they were dangerous but holy hell his leg looks like he got grabbed my a necromancer and it started to turn him into a zombie.

Usually it can be treated at home, but if it’s as as you’re describing it’s probably infected and he should see a doctor. Can get serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad