OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Natural Light was the cheap beer when I was in school. I have a two buddies who still drink it and I don't know how. I am not a casual drinker that has a cocktail/beer/wine after work or with dinner. Just give me a nice unsweetened ice tea.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've always been a beer snob, so my cheap beer was just Budweiser, never dabbled below that.

Beers of choice are Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, Bell's Oberon, Victoria, Destihl when I want to support the local economy, and Yuengling once or twice a year when I visit my brother and his family over in North Carolina.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've always been a beer snob, so my cheap beer was just Budweiser, never dabbled below that.

Beers of choice are Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, Bell's Oberon, Victoria, Destihl when I want to support the local economy, and Yuengling once or twice a year when I visit my brother and his family over in North Carolina.
giphy.gif

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I love my craft beers. It's what I drink 99% of the time. :thumbu: Haven't had the Hefe you named, though.

I still occasionally have some Bud Light, Coors Light, or Miller Lite. Mostly ends up being family or friend's parties where people buy those because it's cheap to get a lot of it, if you have a lot of people drinking.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I always recommend it. If you're so much as slightly partial to wheat beers, Weihenstephaner is a godsend. They have other stuff as well, but their Hefeweissbier is a freaking S+ to go game nerd/weeb while their other stuff is just okay in my book.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I always recommend it. If you're so much as slightly partial to wheat beers, Weihenstephaner is a godsend.

I like wheat beers. Mostly drink them in the summer, though. My new summer beers have been the New England/East Coast style of IPAs these days. Citrus bombs, basically. They're so good, and I've had some that are so smooth and easy-drinking even though they're 7-10% ABV. :laugh:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oy, IPAs are essentially the only beer that I uniformly hate with a passion. Have to steer away from those like the plague.

But that's the great thing about the current beer renaissance we're experiencing, even if you dislike one of the most popular styles of beer there are loads of others out there. I hate IPAs and love wheat beers, my dad likes IPAs and hates wheat beers, and my brother loves that disgusting sour beer stuff.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I love my craft beers. It's what I drink 99% of the time. :thumbu: Haven't had the Hefe you named, though.

I still occasionally have some Bud Light, Coors Light, or Miller Lite. Mostly ends up being family or friend's parties where people buy those because it's cheap to get a lot of it, if you have a lot of people drinking.

Wheat beers are my favorite too, but I'm slowly coming around on IPAs. 312 is my go to wheat, but like most generally enjoy most wheats I've tried. There are some IPAs I like where I used to just avoid them all the time. Still, a lot of them are too hoppy for me. But there is something to be said for the higher alcohol content when you're having a couple after the kids go to bed.

As for the domestics. I used to swear by bud light in my 20s and now I hate it. Coors light for me.

Whatever happened to Michelob light? That used to be my favorite, although it was so long ago I wonder if I'd hate it now.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oy, IPAs are essentially the only beer that I uniformly hate with a passion. Have to steer away from those like the plague.

But that's the great thing about the current beer renaissance we're experiencing, even if you dislike one of the most popular styles of beer there are loads of others out there. I hate IPAs and love wheat beers, my dad likes IPAs and hates wheat beers, and my brother loves that disgusting sour beer stuff.

Have you had the NE IPAs at all? They're really nothing like a standard IPA. Don't have that bitterness/extreme hoppiness that the traditional IPA has.

Wheat beers are my favorite too, but I'm slowly coming around on IPAs. 312 is my go to wheat, but like most generally enjoy most wheats I've tried. There are some IPAs I like where I used to just avoid them all the time. Still, a lot of them are too hoppy for me. But there is something to be said for the higher alcohol content when you're having a couple after the kids go to bed.

As for the domestics. I used to swear by bud light in my 20s and now I hate it. Coors light for me.

Whatever happened to Michelob light? That used to be my favorite, although it was so long ago I wonder if I'd hate it now.

I'll say the same to you as I did NFS. The NE IPAs are nowhere near as hoppy as the traditional ones. They're really good. :thumbu:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not sure, but I have yet to have one that I remotely tolerated, so I've steered away from anything marketed IPA as a result. Might have to keep an eye out for those.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not sure, but I have yet to have one that I remotely tolerated, so I've steered away from anything marketed IPA as a result. Might have to keep an eye out for those.
Many of them have "juicy" in the name in some form. Or they'll list that they use Citra hops. Most of them from Hailstorm up here in Tinley Park are very good. Theirs are all named after clouds. Cumulus, Cirrus, Stratus, Nimbus. Any of them from Noon Whistle(these usually have "gummy" in the name) like Squishy Gummy, Gummy Vortex, etc. You can ask around at a local liquor store or Binny's or something too. They'll point you in the right direction. I'd give them a try. My fiance can't stand IPAs because of the bitterness and hoppiness. She loves the NE IPAs, though.

Another good one that actually sees national distribution is "Make America Juicy Again" by Heretic.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
You just discovered this?

It was the difference between $4 per and $13 per. Same effect, felt like shit the next day tho lol. Actually, it's more like $8 per vs $26 per because I'm paying for 2 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad