Anyone questioning this team’s leadership/management?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
On the topic of leadership, one of our assistant captains picked for the all-star game and who's picture is my avatar. Felt the need to remove his Calgary flames jersey to reveal a st Louis jersey underneath while he took part in the skills competition.

I don't know about you guys, but that doesn't scream I want to be a flame to me.

I know he was a st Louis fan as a child, but I don't think it's very good leadership
It was a baseball jersey. Not a Blues jersey.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Watched the allstar game, Tkachuk and Rittich looked great.

Gio not so much, looks like he is not physically capable anymore...should hand over the leadership to Chucky

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Watched the allstar game, Tkachuk and Rittich looked great.

Gio not so much, looks like he is not physically capable anymore...should hand over the leadership to Chucky
Nothing about Giordano not being able to physically compete has anything to do with handing over leadership to Tkachuk. If playing good was a barometer for being captain Gaudreau would be our captain right now so get outta here with that bass ackwards logic.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yep, definitely time Giordano stops with all the leadership nonsense. If he's not showing up late to practice wearing a non-team tracksuit and mouthing off on social media within a week, trade his selfish ass.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I like my captain to be able to lead by example. It's not like this team doesn't show up and being shut out about 20% of their game or come out of the gate ready to play...it's hard to do when you can't do it anymore on the ice. At least it's a joke that he continues to be on the PP taking time from younger players.

The way the team is playing, all the leaders should be question. The coaches, the GM, the captain, the core players...

Last edited:

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I like my captain to be able to lead by example. It's not like this team doesn't show up and being shut out about 20% of their game or come out of the gate ready to play...it's hard to do when you can't do it anymore on the ice. At least it's a joke that he continues to be on the PP taking time from younger players.

The way the team is playing, all the leaders should be question. The coaches, the GM, the captain, the core players...
So just because Giordano is getting older he can't still lead by example by actually playing and being engaged in the games? You can say what you want about Giordano, but to suggest he isn't engaged in games or whatever this suggestion your making is is downright wrong. A players ability to play the game should not impact captaincy. There's a reason MacDonald was the captain for New Jersey, or that Gaudreau doesn't even have a letter. Bringing up PP time means jack shit when that's a coaching decision and that has nothing to do with Giordano's leadership.

And don't try and turn this back around as "all the core players and front office members should be questioned" because that is not where this began. This began off of Giordano not playing well at the All-Star Game and you thinking that means Tkachuk should be captain now. That is an entirely indefensible position.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Really cant figure out what lucic is doing. Hes lifeless. That's gotta kill teamwork in the room. Won't stick up for anybody. He answered the bell most times in edmonton, and laid out a couple good hits a game. What a horrible player.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Treliving really has this roster in a tough spot. Not enough skill; too much cap on bottom 6 forwards and not enough draft or prospect assets to make a big trade for a core forward with term. And two expiring contracts in important players Brodie and Hamonic in a year he thought they could contend. So what to do with them before the deadline? And this is year 6 of what plan? We just don’t seem to have an identity.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Treliving really has this roster in a tough spot. Not enough skill; too much cap on bottom 6 forwards and not enough draft or prospect assets to make a big trade for a core forward with term. And two expiring contracts in important players Brodie and Hamonic in a year he thought they could contend. So what to do with them before the deadline? And this is year 6 of what plan? We just don’t seem to have an identity.

Can’t bold the last part (too lazy on phone), but bingo. Too many mismatch of pieces are are everywhere.

Seriously, wtf is the plan in all of this? Says a lot about brad tbh.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Really cant figure out what lucic is doing. Hes lifeless. That's gotta kill teamwork in the room. Won't stick up for anybody. He answered the bell most times in edmonton, and laid out a couple good hits a game. What a horrible player.

He was pretty lifeless in Edmonton too, he just has no fight left him. I will be surprised if he sticks around in the NHL after his contract is up.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Yeah he didn't really stick up for anyone in Edmonton either. I defended him for a while but he appears to be absolutely done in every sense of the word.

I think the Flames are a good team, but I've never thought Johnny Hockey was a guy you could lean on, just like Taylor Hall.

Reactions: Luckylarry

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Tkachuk, rent free in Oilers fans heads wasnt enought, extra space now from some Flames fans

Hey oilers fan in peace. Can you guys explain the whole rent free thing.

Tkachuk got assaulted by kassian, lost a fight to him and then lost to bear.

How does he come out ahead getting beat up? I'm honestly not trolling and a genuine question. How is that a win for Calgary?

I'd say he's your best player. Wouldn't it make more sense for Lucic who's a bottom player to sit for five minutes?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Hey oilers fan in peace. Can you guys explain the whole rent free thing.

Tkachuk got assaulted by kassian, lost a fight to him and then lost to bear.

How does he come out ahead getting beat up? I'm honestly not trolling and a genuine question. How is that a win for Calgary?

I'd say he's your best player. Wouldn't it make more sense for Lucic who's a bottom player to sit for five minutes?
I'll answer on the premise that this is a legitimate question.

1. It's been two weeks+ and you're still thinking / talking about it.
2. Tkachuk took no penalty minutes; Kassian took four; Flames scored on that PP. Tkachuk knew precisely what he was doing - he pushed Lindholm away from him with full knowledge of what was about to happen.
3. Apparently Lucic doesn't fight his previous teams/teammates.

Reactions: King In The North

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I'll answer on the premise that this is a legitimate question.

1. It's been two weeks+ and you're still thinking / talking about it.
2. Tkachuk took no penalty minutes; Kassian took four; Flames scored on that PP. Tkachuk knew precisely what he was doing - he pushed Lindholm away from him with full knowledge of what was about to happen.
3. Apparently Lucic doesn't fight his previous teams/teammates.

I dunno, Tkachuk took 15 minutes in penalties last night, lost a fight and the Oilers schooled them....and Lucic does not fight his old teams, he did it with us last year vs Bruins and Kings. Do not pretend Tkachuk knew what he was doing, there is zero evidence that he pushed Lindholm away, rather Neal grabbed Lindholm and took him away. No team in their right mind would ever sit back in any situation, if they had any self respect for their logo would allow a guy like Kassian to ragdoll their best player without jumping in. Way too risky for your best player to get hurt.

Show the evidence that Tkachuk pushed Lindholm away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad