Anyone questioning this team’s leadership/management?

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Flames haven't been bad, barely behind, but if things did fall off it would remind me of the Oilers of last season when they switched to Hitchcock and went on a run for a while, then tuned him out. Also coming in peace, I just want a BoA playoff series, I think that'd be good for everyone no matter how it ended.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It was the best one because it was totally unexpected. That was a fair fight despite monahnans weight advantage.
And no one got hurt. It’s entertaining for us, the players get out their frustrations without dirty play, and no one gets hurt. That’s great fir the game, right?

Reactions: Porkleaker

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
And no one got hurt. It’s entertaining for us, the players get out their frustrations without dirty play, and no one gets hurt. That’s great fir the game, right?

Absolutely. If the Leafs played the oilers 7 games I would love to see 97 and 29 take on 91 and 34.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I honestly think Tkachuk's level of play makes Gaudreau's days limited.

Love Johnny but he's been so frustrating this year.

Tkachuk has certainly taken another (smaller) step forward this season, but he is certainly not a replacement for the Gaudreau we had last year.

I keep thinking how last season we really had 2 ELITE players in Gaudreau and Giordano.

This year I would argue we have 0. Tkachuk isn't quite to that level in my opinion.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I love Johnny when he’s at the top of his game. Don’t get me wrong, but honestly, if the opportunity arises this offseason, I think Tre has to really look at the option of dealing him and starting fresh and hope Chucky can pick up the slack. We can’t build around his inconsistency, I hate to say it but you can’t go through this many coaches without looking at the core.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
The stat they showed tonight for goal differential for teams in a playoff spot says it all. The 2nd worse differential is Vegas at +2. Guess who the worse is? Yep and it is at a sweet -24, now -25. Look at the last 5 years; basically I think there is maybe 2 or 3 other times that teams with a minus differential make the playoffs.

Treliving is clueless if he makes a deal for the playoffs. It will reek of desperation of epic proportions. If he keeps Brodie and Hamonic and they leave in the off-season he should be fired on the spot. Almost at the end of a 6 year plan that looks like no plan at all.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Brad Trevling's blue print is wrong. He wanted to build a stud defense. It turned out to be DUD not Stud. He abandoned the the offense and it shows.

He should apologize to the fans and resign so they can hire someone who understand hockey.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
This whole organization is full of pretenders, from ownership to Tre to coaching staff to all the players, especially the core guys. When the going gets tough they all fold. Disgrace of an organization that seems destined to forever be mediocre.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I’m gonna step up to bat for Tre here:

It’s not like Treliving hasn’t tried to make the team better in the past year. Multiple trades ( that we even know of )have fallen through for various reasons:

-Zucker deal fell through because of ownership allegedly refusing to retain salary or some other bullshit penny pinching reason.

-Kadri & Brown deal fell through because Kadri had us on his NTC, I think I heard that he said he would’ve waived had he known they were going to trade him to Colorado afterwards.

- We were runners up in the Hall deal, according to Lebrun Tre knew this team didn’t have what it took to get things done, and if we look at the Zucker deal falling apart last trade deadline, he’s known this for about a year now.

Not to mention we were in on Mark Stone heavily till the end, but cap and the fact we would have to let go of Vali made that fall through. Our cap situation last summer was tight, and we had to resign Tkachuk, Bennett, Rittich and Mangiapane all to raises ( not sure about Bennett tbh). So where does that leave Tre? With his hands tied and f*** all he could do.

I think he’s had a lot of bad luck the last year , one of those deals works out and we may be looking at a much different flames team right now. It’s apparent to everyone this core is fractured and changes need to be made at some point. It just seems like it’s very hard to maneuver in the cap world. So I still trust Treliving at the wheel for now, if we’re still talking first round playoff exits and this team crumbling under pressure in summer 2022 then send Tre packing by all means.

He’s bought enough good will from me with the restocking of our prospect pool, rebuilding of our AHL system, hits in the draft and trades, and excellent RFA resignings. He’s definitely made some f*** ups with the GG hiring and Neal/Brouwer/Lucic deals...but no GM is without his warts. I’d still take Tre over about 80% of the GMs in the league right now.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

It’s not like Treliving hasn’t tried to make the team better in the past year. Multiple trades ( that we even know of )have fallen through for various reasons:

-Zucker deal fell through because of ownership allegedly refusing to retain salary or some other bull**** penny pinching reason.

-Kadri & Brown deal fell through because Kadri had us on his NTC, I think I heard that he said he would’ve waived had he known they were going to trade him to Colorado afterwards.

- We were runners up in the Hall deal, according to Lebrun Tre knew this team didn’t have what it took to get things done, and if we look at the Zucker deal falling apart last trade deadline, he’s known this for about a year now.

Not to mention we were in on Mark Stone heavily till the end, but cap and the fact we would have to let go of Vali made that fall through. Our cap situation last summer was tight, and we had to resign Tkachuk, Bennett, Rittich and Mangiapane all to raises ( not sure about Bennett tbh). So where does that leave Tre? With his hands tied and **** all he could do.

I think he’s had a lot of bad luck the last year , one of those deals works out and we may be looking at a much different flames team right now. It’s apparent to everyone this core is fractured and changes need to be made at some point. It just seems like it’s very hard to maneuver in the cap world. So I still trust Treliving at the wheel for now, if we’re still talking first round playoff exits and this team crumbling under pressure in summer 2022 then send Tre packing by all means.

He’s bought enough good will from me with the restocking of our prospect pool, rebuilding of our AHL system, hits in the draft and trades, and excellent RFA resignings. He’s definitely made some **** ups with the GG hiring and Neal/Brouwer/Lucic deals...but no GM is without his warts. I’d still take Tre over about 80% of the GMs in the league right now.

What that piece of shit Kadri is saying just bull shit, Why did he not block the trade to Colorado if he was hell bent on staying in Toronto(this is not on Brad Treliving, I am just putting it out.)

What Brad Treliving does in the future will be what matters the most. Right now, hopefully he just trades away assets that are not in the team long term plans.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Brad is such a weird spot with this team I dont know that anyone could really clean up what's going on.

The Flames are a faux-good team. The game against the sharks is a perfect example of how we play hockey. The Flames have the talent to dictate play for huge stretches, but it seems like the game moves a bit too fast for our players to pick their spots and finish chances, and that's mental that's a confidence thing that real good teams like the Capitals Bruins and Lightning all can do when they dictate play.

If the Capitals played that same first 30mins against the sharks that would be a 5-1 game.

This team also gets too far ahead of themselves. Bad bounces happen for every single team. Even the good teams are victimized because they have confidence that they can make a play on the puck. The Flames though get more desperate and put themselves in those spots more often because they feel they need to rush the puck or throw a dumb pass when they havent scored after 2 shifts of pressure and noone is thinking about covering when they get in that state.

Lastly the Flames are fragile they are no longer this 3rd period dominate team that can comeback from anything the same players who did that for us could barely get a few shots off in the 3rd vs San Jose.

I dont think BT could imagine that this team that cam play a great puck control game and dominate with skill would be so unable to keep up with the play mentally and so fragile that they probably wont make playoffs this season. The goalies he got are playing great, the Hamilton trade continues to look good, his big 'summer' signing of Tkachuk looks great. Noone here thinks James Neal would be the answer this season.

Gaudreau needs to play like he did last season and outside of maybe 4 players the team needs to settle in mentally and start seeing things at an NHL speed.

Also people need to stop hating Brodie he's been our best skater since returning from the seizure.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What that piece of **** Kadri is saying just bull ****, Why did he not block the trade to Colorado if he was hell bent on staying in Toronto(this is not on Brad Treliving, I am just putting it out.)

What Brad Treliving does in the future will be what matters the most. Right now, hopefully he just trades away assets that are not in the team long term plans.

He had a limited NTC. He had Calgary on the no trade list and not Colorado. He was required to waive for Calgary, not Colorado.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

-Zucker deal fell through because of ownership allegedly refusing to retain salary or some other bull**** penny pinching reason.

Not to mention we were in on Mark Stone heavily till the end, but cap and the fact we would have to let go of Vali made that fall through. Our cap situation last summer was tight, and we had to resign Tkachuk, Bennett, Rittich and Mangiapane all to raises ( not sure about Bennett tbh). So where does that leave Tre? With his hands tied and **** all he could do.

He’s bought enough good will from me with the restocking of our prospect pool, rebuilding of our AHL system, hits in the draft and trades, and excellent RFA resignings. He’s definitely made some **** ups with the GG hiring and Neal/Brouwer/Lucic deals...but no GM is without his warts. I’d still take Tre over about 80% of the GMs in the league right now.

Agreed to disagree. End of product is garbage so no matter what he does, the plan is defective.

Also, nobody should get credit for effort and near misses...not at this level anyway. Results count. Only question should matter is this team a contender now? is it anytime soon in the future? If the answer is no then he has done a bad job and should be below average not anywhere close to the 80% mark. You dont get a medal for participation.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
What that piece of **** Kadri is saying just bull ****, Why did he not block the trade to Colorado if he was hell bent on staying in Toronto(this is not on Brad Treliving, I am just putting it out.)

Be pissed at Dubas. All he had to do was tell Kadri “hey if you don’t waive for Calgary you’ll be headed to Denver”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->