OT: Any Video evidence of refs jobbing Leafs in this thread plz.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Let's see if the League is in on it.

Peel probably just gets a big fine and called out in a press release and then gets reimbursed under the table with an apology from the league.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Let's see if the League is in on it.

Peel probably just gets a big fine and called out in a press release and then gets reimbursed under the table with an apology from the league.

This is where if you fired the guy maybe some refs would finally call, you know real calls... instead of you get one... now you get one.

Or oh they scored... now they need a powerplay.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

The Ref last night was just saying out loud what we already know.

NHL refs try to give similar numbers of penalties to both teams in a hockey game. Fast skilled disciplined teams like the Leafs suffer significantly, because we SHOULD be getting significantly more PPs on average than we take penalties ourselves. If you're trying to defend against Marner, you're going to take more interference, hooking, holding, etc penalties than if you're trying to defend against a less agile less skilled player. If you have the puck less often, you're also more likely to take penalties.

But that's not reflected in how the game is called. Leafs are a fast, skilled, puck possession team with limited physically aggressive players, but our penalties for more or less match our penalties against (as they do for all teams).

Refs "look" for calls against us, because they want similar penalties for both teams, meaning we're held to a different standard.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
This is my actual belief. I also believe your more likely to come back in a relative as they have similar genetics.

Our genetic makeup makes us unique(ish), not our souls. We all have souls (in theory).
Then you add environment and you end up with the personality you have.

Whats great is the theory allows for both atheist and theist to believe in it.
God and Heaven can still exist as its where this iteration goes, and it follows the 'Granted everlasting life' portion.
If you are atheist, you simply cease existing in this brain, and when your lucky number (dna/genes) is rolled you come back and this iteration is simply lost to the ages.

Oh and also screw you skillitor!

Scientifically there is recreation, we are all carbon based beings, the very same carbon that makes a tree or a rock, is what makes a human. The carbon in the stars and planets is what is in you. When you die part of your carbon is reintroduced to nature, which in turn turns it into something. Recreation is real but not like the fair tale stories that soul goes into a new body.

Reactions: Azazel

LeafsGuy16

LeafsGuy16
Sep 4, 2018
Refs are such a joke. Unfortunately this has been blatantly evident for a while. Just call the rules of the f***ing game - is it that hard? IIHF is much better at this.

Reactions: PromisedLand

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
First of all. Wow. I'm glad this happened and some action is taken to stop this nonsense.

But, has the NHL not known this for a long time? It took video evidence for them to take action?
What a joke.

Keep in mind that he was set to retire after this season...

It's been a huge problem for awhile but now there's actual evidence. I guess they didn't like that at all. Now the refs have a target on their backs.

I'm going to guess there's going to be a lot of penalties called in the next while.

Reactions: supermann_98

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I'll never understand the notion that games should have an equal amount of penalties. It's got to the point where even fans believe it should be 50/50 because that's "fair". At least he wont be a ref in the NHL anymore , hopefully this is a wake up call to refs and start calling penalties the way they should be.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Case. Closed.

Ref's are not the stars... but they sure think they are...

giphy.gif

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
I think the term jobbing may be misunderstood. I think they are not doing it on purpose, I just think there are a bunch of terrible decisions.

they are doing in on purpose. Here is proof. He got caught and now hes fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: slozo

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
One game to retirement. Foul play to avoid that pension? It is a significant amount of money
He'll still get his pension. lol, Just because he gets fired it doesn't negate all the years he put in. Besides maybe Peels real misdeed was having loose lips.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
He'll still get his pension. lol, Just because he gets fired it doesn't negate all the years he put in. Besides maybe Peels real misdeed was having loose lips.

I was under the impression their pension was directly related to milestone games officiated in the NHL

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I am pretty sure we tried this after the lock out with the "new standard" which focused on hooks and holds. The Bruins have made a career over their ability to walk that qualitative line. It is a large reason why they have been so successful.

I agree with the post above that penalties will now increase, but come play offs, the same style of calls will creep into the games. I mean let's face it, it's the same officals every year doing the cup finals.

Tim Peel Referee Camp Schools Stripes in St. Louis - Scouting The Refs

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Something I haven’t seen enough of: these referees work in pairs. There’s another referee, in many of Peel’s 1500 games career, that’s given him the thumb’s up and gone through with his blatant game management shenanigans. Will they be held accountable? How much of a coincidence is it that this firing took place immediately after a hot mic in what was supposed to be the referee’s last season of service? He’s certainly not the only referee in the NHL doing this.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Well, this is the leagues opportunity to do something about it. So, if the NHL actually has an issue with this (which I don't think they do), lets see what actions they take.

We all know they deliberately do not call penalties against the Leafs opponents, and have been doing so for like 5 years... because the Leafs might score a lot on the PP? I assume that is the reason... gotta keep that false parity going right. Oh three point game, but nah just 2 points over here.

I want the league to deal with this, but I feel by benching Peel for 1 game they feel they have done their best. Tools.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I was under the impression their pension was directly related to milestone games officiated in the NHL
I don't know, maybe that is correct but it would then indeed look bad if the league fired him just before that kicked in. The whole thing seems bizarre, who knows maybe the league is trying to save face and asked Timmy to take one for the league.

Reactions: Azazel

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Something I haven’t seen enough of: these referees work in pairs. There’s another referee, in many of Peel’s 1500 games career, that’s given him the thumb’s up and gone through with his blatant game management shenanigans. Will they be held accountable? How much of a coincidence is it that this firing took place immediately after a hot mic in what was supposed to be the referee’s last season of service? He’s certainly not the only referee in the NHL doing this.

Well, I think the point is that almost every NHL ref does it... to put this solely on Peel is a bit of a joke right.

And those who would not do it, prob were tagged as difficult to work with and had a short career.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The league is corrupt in that it utilizes refereeing for game management, in a WWE attempt to make this entertainment, instead of sport. It really taints the sport.

Reactions: cookie and klmdg

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
wonder how many penalties will be called in each game tonight im going to say more then the current average. now thats its under a microscope guess we will find out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad