OT: Any Video evidence of refs jobbing Leafs in this thread plz.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hyman was mugged a few times in Vancouver. League should reward hard working players who try to skate through holds and hooks by calling a penalty more often.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The insane amount of video evidence in this thread is beyond what i ever though it might be.We are only half way through the season. Awesome thanks for loading them in everyone. It’s really kind of nuts that there are posters in this very thread arguing still that this is not the case. I will have to go through soon and count the blatant ignored calls and cheap calls against us in this thread.
Who argues the refs aren’t jobbing us when there is video proof after video proof showingbthem looking right at penalties and simply not calling. Takes a certain kind of brain to argue against this thread :)
Anyways i think its awesome everyone is taking their own time to load them in this one thread

Reactions: Kurtz

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The insane amount of video evidence in this thread is beyond what i ever though it might be.We are only half way through the season. Awesome thanks for loading them in everyone. It’s really kind of nuts that there are posters in this very thread arguing still that this is not the case. I will have to go through soon and count the blatant ignored calls and cheap calls against us in this thread.
Who argues the refs aren’t jobbing us when there is video proof after video proof showingbthem looking right at penalties and simply not calling. Takes a certain kind of brain to argue against this thread :)
I think the term jobbing may be misunderstood. I think they are not doing it on purpose, I just think there are a bunch of terrible decisions.

Reactions: Northernguy10

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think the term jobbing may be misunderstood. I think they are not doing it on purpose, I just think there are a bunch of terrible decisions.
1 year coincidence, 4 years in a row and a bit longer and it’s jobbing us. Penalizing a skill team so lesser quality teams can compete is fixing. I don’t pull any punches on my terminology. They are fixing games,not game managing. Don King wasn’t a game manager. He was a fixer. Same thing. I’m not tolerant of not calling it by the book. Call it by the book,call everything. We will come out on top every time because we are skilled and disciplined. It’s like subsidizing failures on the sly in business. It’s a sport but its a business too.
It’s jobbing to me. Multiple videos of refs watching the Leafs get boarded,slashed,interfered,triped,clotheslined etc. There is no end to it man. They are all in here and you can see the refs looking straight at it 15-20-25 feet away. Ignoring the rules. Thats jobbing and fixing. :) woooohoo
I love it having the video to prove it actually.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
1 year coincidence, 4 years in a row and a bit longer and it’s jobbing us. Penalizing a skill team so lesser quality teams can compete is fixing. I don’t pull any punches on my terminology. They are fixing games,not game managing. Don King wasn’t a game manager. He was a fixer. Same thing. I’m not tolerant of not calling it by the book. Call it by the book,call everything. We will come out on top every time because we are skilled and disciplined. It’s like subsidizing failures on the sly in business. It’s a sport but its a business too.
It’s jobbing to me. Multiple videos of refs watching the Leafs get boarded,slashed,interfered,triped,clotheslined etc. There is no end to it man. They are all in here and you can see the refs looking straight at it 15-20-25 feet away. Ignoring the rules. Thats jobbing and fixing. :) woooohoo
I love it having the video to prove it actually.

The bolded is why I get so hot in these conversations (Sorry Otto! Hopefully no hard feelings, the conspiracy word seems to be a thing for me)
I understand officials are human and they WILL miss some calls. In a vacuum thats forgivable. But the safety of the players NEEDS to be the number ONE priority for the officials.

My opinion is that for the last several years the players have become 'expendable' by the league and it has trickled down to the officials.
Subjectivity has swung the priority from safety to entertainment.
Subjectivity has allowed human bias to have too great an effect on the game as a whole.

Im not okay with an official deciding not to call a penalty when a player drives a Leaf player into the boards head first because it might hurt the entertainment value of the sport. Again.
More importantly im not okay with the Official deciding not to call the penalty because of personal bias.

I don't believe Steven Walkom or Colin Campbell have done even a passable job at attempting to identify or rectify even blatant biases amongst its officials.

These non-calls lead to injuries.

The league has shown for the last decade or so that they don't care about injuries, especially to Leaf players (probably other teams as well)

If we, the fans, don't call them to account the league will do nothing, and more players will continue to get injured because the league seems to believe its what we find entertaining.

(Sorry I get so hot sometimes with this subject, i forget there is another person on the other end of this with an opinion that I should respect more)

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Check out these garbage game changing calls and finally Keefe and Rielly snap and tell Skellator and his accomplice in crime where to go ha
Is Sheldon Keefe going to be fined?
These were the refs last night Today’s NHL Referees and Linesmen – 3/13/21
That Ehlers call is a joke... he knew what he was doing because he fell without any collision. He definitely had premeditated that play... jokes on the ref. Remember the controversy of the ref telling Burrows he is getting his payback for Burrows diving and making him look like a fool? Funny that Burrows would cry about that because it's fair for the ref to do that. A ref is not going to get everything right, but when they get taken for a fool the refs should definitely change their calls on that player. That Ehler play is horse shi*

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
why does this thread exist? the NHL doesn't care what people on a forum think. So complaining about it won't help

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
why does this thread exist? the NHL doesn't care what people on a forum think. So complaining about it won't help
I started it to log all the video of crap calls or non calls in our games. Don’t read it man. I’m not really caring what you think either. I guess there’s a trend in that regard ha. Its turned out to be a catalog of incompetence everyone complains about in separate threads all in one and it’s got weight too. You don’t have to post or view.

Reactions: willmma

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

If the Leafs win the cup, watch how many calls start to go in our favor the next season.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Kerfoot with....

Holl:

Theres probably more but cheer to Omar for having these up. With the others out there, that does....the last two games.

I kinda thought Leafs fans were really blowing this out of proportion but after watching some of these & others in the thread they're among the worst calls I've ever seen & I've watched a lot of hockey besides Leafs games. It looks like a lot of these are from this season too? That Kerfoot call the ref must have been trying hard to call something, I can't even understand how one makes that call. Did he either A) feel he needed to makeup for a missed call on the Leafs so he was looking for anything or an excuse he could call them for, or B) He accidently put his arm up, realized his mistake, but then just followed through with?

Edit: These guys are professionals how the hell does this happen, these are dogshit calls I'd occasionally see when I used to play minor hockey back in the day, sometimes the refs had those cage visors and some rinks used to in fact be a barn on farm.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
All these videos are evidence that referees miss calls.

for sure errors in judgement occur everyday but my contention has always been this;

The NHL's biggest cash cow is the Toronto Maple Leafs hence the Toronto Maple Leafs put the most money into gate equalizations, and even so still profit handsomely even without playoff gates.

Yes, most certainly, a long playoff run would definitely benefit the Leafs but would not impact quite as positively on overall league revenue in any truly meaningful way, as say two US based teams having long runs.

In the old division set up before Covid worked it's nasty magic, the Leafs 3 home dates would've been good for @3.5m per gate after expenses not bad, but that said we'll say Washington has eliminated them and had 4 home dates. Washington advances and say loses in 7, which gives them a total of 7 home dates. for a team like Washington those 7 gates could mean and extra 12-14m in profits for the club and give them a profitable season and translates into more season ticket sales. This is an excellent scenario for the NHL. The Leafs advancing doesn't help anyone but the Leafs. Washington advancing makes them a gate attraction

So how to insure the outcome you want becomes the vexing question, the NBA certainly knew how to do it, the NFL calling holding on a fairly high powered offense late in a game that impacts the spread or possibly the standings, MLB a highly questionable strike call which kills a rally or nullifies a hot hitter, that call has the same impact as not awarding a PP, or a borderline call that kills momentum and changes a game outcome!

but heck what do I know

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I kinda thought Leafs fans were really blowing this out of proportion but after watching some of these & others in the thread they're among the worst calls I've ever seen & I've watched a lot of hockey besides Leafs games. It looks like a lot of these are from this season too? That Kerfoot call the ref must have been trying hard to call something, I can't even understand how one makes that call. Did he either A) feel he needed to makeup for a missed call on the Leafs so he was looking for anything or an excuse he could call them for, or B) He accidently put his arm up, realized his mistake, but then just followed through with?

Edit: These guys are professionals how the hell does this happen, these are dogshit calls I'd occasionally see when I used to play minor hockey back in the day, sometimes the refs had those cage visors and some rinks used to in fact be a barn on farm.
They are all just this season man ;)

Reactions: OddyOh

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I love Sheldon's response, "THAT PLAY HAPPENS 50 TIMES IN EVERY GAME!!!!!"

Bench Minor

and scene.....
Keefe has had it too. I didn’t have a muzzle on me like the Nhl does to dissenters. They are censored and bullied by the league. Freedom of speech but not in rhe Nhl. They will bury guys who call them out. That’s the way the world goes round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad