OT: Any Video evidence of refs jobbing Leafs in this thread plz.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I've seen numerous plays where we get a call our way and the same play happens and the other team doesn't get a pp. Yet nobody posts those videos.

For some reason certain leaf fans have it in their mind that we are being targeted by the refs lol

Don't know if "target" is the word but it is hard to ignore how few penalties teams get against us (going on a half decade now) or how it's basically impossible to get suspended against us while the soft as butter Leafs rack up suspension after suspension. What's the over/under on Kadri never getting one in Colorado?

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The same struggle is going on in the CZW. Declared "The most illegal thing in the history of wrestling", The Runaways (Gacy and Slater) were absolutely robbed by the referee. The rule book absolutely tossed in the garbage.

;)

Mock away. Maybe you’ve been in to many sleepers. :)

Reactions: ottomaddox

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
There's no penalty there tbh.

Some crafty pesty stuff from mitchy tho.

Checking a player that is not in possession of the puck is interference, no?

on a side note, #BruinsAcademy!? they are not hiding it anymore?

Last edited:
Reactions: banks

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
There's no penalty there tbh.

Some crafty pesty stuff from mitchy tho.

I see what you're saying but it would have been far more crafty if it would have drawn a penalty. Heh.

I wonder what Marner chirped him with to get that reaction.

Reactions: zeke

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Eh mitch dives off that crosscheck then skates in front of him and does a little dive roll when drai comes at him to take him down.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
TBH it's hard to complain with the reffing from last game when the Leafs took 0 penalties .. Game management, soft calls, and all.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Thanks kids nice lesson for zeke today. See ya next time on goaltender interference, this is another form of interference we look forward to teaching zeke :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We were a full 3 minutes deficiency per game for powerplay time when this thread started. Today we are .6 minutes lower. Progress but regs can call the game by the book. I like honesty. Honestly, i do

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I see what you're saying but it would have been far more crafty if it would have drawn a penalty. Heh.

I wonder what Marner chirped him with to get that reaction.
He said, you must be eating to much Kraut because that’s an awful sour look you got on your puss

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I've seen numerous plays where we get a call our way and the same play happens and the other team doesn't get a pp. Yet nobody posts those videos.

For some reason certain leaf fans have it in their mind that we are being targeted by the refs lol
Those videos get posted on the other boards, by fans of the other teams, who feel equally strongly that the refs favor the Leafs and hate their team.

Every team, probably in every sport all over the world, has fans who feel that way.

Usually, though, it's the fans of the teams that aren't winning that whine the most.

But this thread, and similar ones elsewhere, are usually good for a laugh.

Reactions: Garthinater

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Those videos get posted on the other boards, by fans of the other teams, who feel equally strongly that the refs favor the Leafs and hate their team.

Every team, probably in every sport all over the world, has fans who feel that way.

Usually, though, it's the fans of the teams that aren't winning that whine the most.

But this thread, and similar ones elsewhere, are usually good for a laugh.
Not my first time writing something like this... but I used to always think that refs were consistently inconsistent to every team.

I still think that's true...

but...

A lot of info started being shared about game management on twitter and many other places. It's irrefutable evidence. The refs engage in game management. They try to "even up" penalties for both teams. They try to get losing teams back in the game. Is it subconscious? Or are they directly told to do it? Who knows. But it's irrefutable. The refs engage in game management.

Then, recently, people started showing how such game management is advantageous for teams that take a lot of penalties.

Let's take a crazy physical team that takes a ton of penalties, and they're playing a team that takes very very few penalties. The physical team takes a series of legitimate penalties. Then the game management begins. The refs desperately (as proven by irrefutable evidence) want to give the next penalty to the other team. So they start to let the phyiscal team get away with infraction after infraction on the ice. No calls. Then the tiniest... tiniest... of infractions is called against the other team. If you're a fan of that team, you just saw 10 minutes of your team being bullied and mugged... only for YOUR team to get a borderline phantom penalty.

And the leafs take very VERY few penalties.

So there's no "conspiracy" against the leafs. It's more that our playstyle is disadvantageous when refs engage at game management at the level they do. Maybe the refs should just call the game fairly, instead of trying to manage it.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
First, I would suggest that not everything on twitter is factual.

Even so, "game management" is not at all the same as "jobbing the Leafs", which is the topic of the thread.

I do agree that penalties should be called more strictly. I think one of the worst things that ever happened to hockey was when Fred Shero said "they can't call them all", and the league didn't immediately day "yes, we can, and will".

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Chiasson has a hearing. When was the last time a fine or suspension was levied out for a infraction against the Leafs. It’s really long ago. We are now slightly positive at .1 minutes more powerplay minutes per game over opponents. It was a full 3 minutes per game less when we first started. Drastic change in one month. PK is trending up now too. The damage is becoming less detrimental now because of our good defensive structure now. Looks to have stopped going against us so blatantly. Keep adding video if there is justification to Leafers.

Reactions: OddyOh

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
upload_2021-3-9_9-3-27.jpeg

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Anyone post that pick that Canuck threw on Matthews last game? He looks at Matthews, stops as Matthews is crossing along the blue line, then the dude sticks his ass out to hit Matthews (with out the puck).

The book on Toronto is to paly them physically because the refs nor the Leafs will stop it. you can hack, slash, trip abuse the stars on toronto and NOONE will do anything. The Nucks esp. in the last game bullied the Leafs.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Anyone post that pick that Canuck threw on Matthews last game? He looks at Matthews, stops as Matthews is crossing along the blue line, then the dude sticks his ass out to hit Matthews (with out the puck).

The book on Toronto is to paly them physically because the refs nor the Leafs will stop it. you can hack, slash, trip abuse the stars on toronto and NOONE will do anything. The Nucks esp. in the last game bullied the Leafs.
No it wasn’t posted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad