Any chance Ottawa misses the playoffs?

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Only 1 pt between 2nd in the Atlantic and the 2nd WC. Yesterday Boston was WC2 and today theyre 2nd in the division so who knows where everyone will finish.

1 good week can put them in the 2nd place and they still have a chance to take over 1st place (think Habs need one more ROW to clinch the division title though)

I say Ottawa makes it, Tampa needs to be near perfection and I dont think they can pull it off.

Major19

Mar 9, 2008
no it's just called slump due to injury

Once upon a time, Leaf fans tried to sell the same reasoning to the collapse in 2014 after Bernier's injury. Call it what you may; that Leafs team was a farce and so is this Sens team

My god some Leaf fans are insufferable. Is there any thread on this site that doesn't turn into a Leafs discussion? Nobody cares about the Leafs except you guys, and they have nothing to do with a thread about the Ottawa Senators. Go pat your own backs in the New Blackhawks thread.

As for Ottawa, these injuries couldn't have come at a worse time. Some really **** luck to lose Karlsson, Methot and Ceci all at once. This falls on Pierre Dorion, who is a terrible GM, for not adding a dman to this team, when everyone and their mother could see that we were one injury to the top 4 away from it hitting us hard. Now 3/4 of our top 4 is injured, and surprise surprise, we are losing games. What an idiot.

This is a little short-sighted. The Leafs are in the same division, are currently tied with Ottawa. There are many reasons why Toronto (as well as Boston) would be relevant to this discussion. Sounds more like you're a little salty and taking out the losing streak on innocent bystanders

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Once upon a time, Leaf fans tried to sell the same reasoning to the collapse in 2014 after Bernier's injury. Call it what you may; that Leafs team was a farce and so is this Sens team

This is a little short-sighted. The Leafs are in the same division, are currently tied with Ottawa. There are many reasons why Toronto (as well as Boston) would be relevant to this discussion. Sounds more like you're a little salty and taking out the losing streak on innocent bystanders

No, it's because there's people like you who can't shut up about the Leafs for more than a few minutes. I don't give a **** about the 2014 Leafs, nobody does except you. What the hell do the 2014 Leafs have anything to do with the discussion? Absolutely nothing, yet you insist on making everything about the Leafs. And then you'll go and whine in another thread about "everyone hates the Leafs!!" Yeah no ****, you wonder why?

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
If Karlsson doesn't return, the sens won't win another game this season.

Probably a bottom 5 team in the NHL without EK.

He should be more of an MVP candidate then he is.

Karlsson has covered up a decade of mediocre team management.

Cheap, but open the wallet for the Bobby Ruin, good lard!

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Around the all-star break there was a "make bold predictions for 2nd half" thread, in which i said in their 3rd last game of the season at Boston, Bruins will crush them returning the favor from last year and putting a huge dent on the Senators playoff hopes.

If they choke against Detroit in both of these games, and the Bolts win their next game, the stage is set on thursday. Ottawa plays red hot Boston and Bolts face off with the Leafs, with an opportunity to move ahead of Ottawa by 1 point.

I don't really care which of these teams make the playoffs, but i want to see this scenario, just for entertainment purposes.

:popcorn:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Majority of their roster as in most of your bottom six players :laugh:? Also might want to edit the OP, Tampa is 3 points back on OTT.

Didn't realize Galchenyuk , Gallagher and Lekhonen were bottom 6 players good to know. (Also Markov was out for a nice while)

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL
Didn't realize Galchenyuk , Gallagher and Lekhonen were bottom 6 players good to know. (Also Markov was out for a nice while)

Gallagher and Lekhonen are top 6 players now? :laugh:

These two wouldn't crack a healthy Tampa's top 6 lol...

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Gallagher and Lekhonen are top 6 players now? :laugh:

These two wouldn't crack a healthy Tampa's top 6 lol...

Really? Because they're on a playoff team's roster. Such a shame that neither of your avatar teams are playoff calibre :laugh:

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL
Really? Because they're on a playoff team's roster. Such a shame that neither of your avatar teams are playoff calibre :laugh:

Like I already said you're team crashed and burned without Price and missed the playoffs last season meanwhile we're still in the race to make it even with all your elite players being injured trough the season and being sellers at the TDL.

And no way I put those two higher than Palat, Drouin, Kuch and Killorn lol...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Do you guys want your own thread?

This one is about how craptacular the Senators are right now.

You guys will be fine , I would be worried if Karlsson was out long-term.

Don't worry I'm done replying to anyone that ends all their arguments with "lol...".

You may proceed with the pity party :sarcasm:.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Around the all-star break there was a "make bold predictions for 2nd half" thread, in which i said in their 3rd last game of the season at Boston, Bruins will crush them returning the favor from last year and putting a huge dent on the Senators playoff hopes.

If they choke against Detroit in both of these games, and the Bolts win their next game, the stage is set on thursday. Ottawa plays red hot Boston and Bolts face off with the Leafs, with an opportunity to move ahead of Ottawa by 1 point.

I don't really care which of these teams make the playoffs, but i want to see this scenario, just for entertainment purposes.

I agree 100% it almost feels scripted.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Like I already said you're team crashed and burned without Price and missed the playoffs last season meanwhile we're still in the race to make it even with all your elite players being injured trough the season and being sellers at the TDL.

And no way I put those two higher than Palat, Drouin, Kuch and Killorn lol...

Tampa was favored to win the division this year. Good chance they would have but for the injuries. (Habs, btw, didn't miss only Price last year. They had injuries to important players throughout the season.) If your top guys miss a lot of guys, you can find yourself on the outside looking in fairly quickly.

I'm confused as to why the Bolts were selling in the first place. They were too good a team to give up on the season that quickly. Giving Boyle to a team in their division? It's possible that the Leafs would be 9th or 10th right now if they hadn't gotten Boyle from you guys. That was dumb.

Ottawa probably makes it. (Unless Bolts win all remaining games.)

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL
Tampa was favored to win the division this year. Good chance they would have but for the injuries. (Habs, btw, didn't miss only Price last year. They had injuries to important players throughout the season.) If your top guys miss a lot of guys, you can find yourself on the outside looking in fairly quickly.

I'm confused as to why the Bolts were selling in the first place. They were too good a team to give up on the season that quickly. Giving Boyle to a team in their division? It's possible that the Leafs would be 9th or 10th right now if they hadn't gotten Boyle from you guys. That was dumb.

Ottawa probably makes it. (Unless Bolts win all remaining games.)

About Boyle, I don't really think so, checked the TOR boards and it looks like most of the fans see it as a bad addition but anyways, wouldn't be the end of the world if Tampa missed the playoffs this season...rest, change the roster and come back stronger!

thrillclinton

May 24, 2013
Toronto

Alternatively Sens and Bolts both win tomorrow, setting the stage for Ottawa to break Boston's heart for the second year in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad