Any chance Ottawa misses the playoffs?

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
We're getting nervous ready to jump out of windows up here.

• 4 losses in a row
  • Tampa 5 points back
  • Lost 2nd spot in the Atlantic
  • Karlsson is day-to-day
  • Smith is day-to-day
  • Methot is fingerless until the end of the season + possibly more
  • Cody Ceci left injured tonight
  • $7 million dollar man Bobby Ryan has 24 points in 59 games

Oh and our current D is *gulp* this:

Phaneuf-Claesson
Boro-Wideman
Jokipakka-Englund

Reverse psychology jinx thread skills are strong. But not that strong.

KBNcZ.gif

Last edited:

member 202355

sportsclubstats puts their odds of making the playoffs at ~95%.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Relax.... Tampa for a couple weeks now has been able to jump into the playoff picture - but haven't yet.

Ottawa may not earn it by winning a ton last five or so games - but they'll get in just because Tampa never really put together that long stretch win streak together they needed

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
looking forward to two months of Draft lottery simulator.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Tampa needs to gain 5 points on Ottawa... quite unlikely. Bolts would need to be something like 4-0-1 and the Sens 2-3-0.

Step

Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Relax.... Tampa for a couple weeks now has been able to jump into the playoff picture - but haven't yet.

Ottawa may not earn it by winning a ton last five or so games - but they'll get in just because Tampa never really put together that long stretch win streak together they needed

Makes me feel a bit better. Also, the fact that they lost tonight helps.

Step

Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Tampa needs to gain 5 points on Ottawa... quite unlikely. Bolts would need to be something like 4-0-1 and the Sens 2-3-0.

Doesn't seem that crazy...

Don't get me wrong, I say we make it, but gahhh.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They'll make the playoffs, but will struggle to win any games until Karlsson is back.

I mean, our D on Monday could look like this:

Phaneuf-Claesson
Boro-Wideman
Jokipakka-Englund

Any team would struggle/drown with that on the backend. I'm not very comfortable with 5 of those guys on the 3rd pairing, let alone playing 20+ mins a night against top lines.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Well yeah, they've put themselves in a position that it's possible.

But it's all in their hands still, 5 games left they only need like 2 wins to ensure they make it, even if the Bolts go near perfect.

That being said, the team is not good right now. For a defensive-minded team like the Sens, losing their top d-men hurts. Apart from Hoffman they've been very cold offensively too, and neither of their goalies have stood on their heads recently.

And at this time of the year pressure can be your worst enemy.

Silver-lining is that even if the Sens only win like 1 of their remaining 5 games, they still have a good chance to make it. It's a lot about how the Bolts can take care of business at this point.

But yeah, the possibility is there. The thing i'd be the most worried about is, if the Sens go, say, 1-3-1 in their last 5 which at this point looks very realistic, and the Bolts go 4-1-0 winning all those 4 games in regulation/OT, tiebreaker would go to the Bolts because of ROW. So there's even the possibility that the Sens miss the playoffs because of one lost 3 on 3 OT.

No question though that the race is between these two teams now IMO. I can't see the Islanders/Canes making it, or the Bruins/Leafs dropping out having all the momentum going into the last 4-5 games.

If you ask me, my guess is the Bolts won't win enough games to make it anyway.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They probably make it. Toronto still has a tough road. Bolts face them and if they win they're only 2 points back

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
No way! They got an easy game next. Then, they'll only have to get 2-3 extra points at most, and that is only if Tampa wins out.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No way! They got an easy game next. Then, they'll only have to get 2-3 extra points at most, and that is only if Tampa wins out.

Have you seen the Sens likely lineup at D? Nothing with that backend is an easy game, quite the opposite.

Karlsson plays, that's another story.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I for one, am scared ****less. That said, if we get in, seems like we'll be a quick 4 game playoff elimination

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad