Any chance Ottawa misses the playoffs?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Nah I think they're fine. It is slightly alarming that Tampa is breathing down your necks though.

Also what's wrong with Dion? I've always loved him but found him to be a polarizing player. I think there's less pressure at least now that he's no longer Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I like Dion. He is perfect in the role that the Sens are using him in....but if he needs to play top pair minutes right now due to injuries? That's a movie i've watched before....the ending sucks.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
They probably make the playoffs, but are in danger of losing their Atlantic spot to Boston. Then they would have to play Washington in the first round instead of Toronto.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Surpsrise surprise, this thread has turned into yet another "Let's all admire how great the Leafs are" discussion.

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
Surpsrise surprise, this thread has turned into yet another "Let's all admire how great the Leafs are" discussion.

It seems to be more of a "Let's all admire what a tire fire the Senators are becoming due to injuries at the end of the season" discussion.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere

You jelly brah?

The Sens will make it, Tampa isn't catching them at this point. They might fall to WC2 though.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
As a lifelong Leafs fan, this is probably the first time I've ever felt bad for Ottawa. Having your team fighting it out for positioning this late in the season is stressful enough and I can't imagine how it must feel when you have so many players on your team injured.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's possible. Really tough luck for Ottawa. I actually did like their chances to win a series or 2 in the playoffs and be a threat. But these injuries make a massive difference. Tough break for them.

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
As a lifelong Leafs fan, this is probably the first time I've ever felt bad for Ottawa. Having your team fighting it out for positioning this late in the season is stressful enough and I can't imagine how it must feel when you have so many players on your team injured.

If I were Ottawa I'd want crosbys head

Major19

Mar 9, 2008
Ottawa has been an advanced-stat villain all year. This is called "regression to the mean"

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
sportsclubstats puts their odds of making the playoffs at ~95%.

I'm not an oddsmaker but I assume they'll be in the playoffs. However, there's no mistaking that they failed to lead the Atlantic division. They had a golden opportunity but blew it.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

I'm sure you much more enjoys the non-stop "Leafs Suck" discussions over the years.
When you believe the Leafs might not even sniff the playoffs for 5 + years it's very upsetting to see what has occurred.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad