Waived: Antti Raanta

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
According the weekes perets is getting the call up
I'm sure he is, but it's likely until a trade can be finalized. The real question is if Raanta will be included in the trade or not at this point. Would not surprise me to see us pick up Mrazek. Vejhead seems to have been a bit too much of a "hot name" acquisition since last year, that's not us, we don't pay those prices typically.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I'm sure he is, but it's likely until a trade can be finalized. The real question is if Raanta will be included in the trade or not at this point. Would not surprise me to see us pick up Mrazek. Vejhead seems to have been a bit too much of a "hot name" acquisition since last year, that's not us, we don't pay those prices typically.

That's what I'm thinking. I mean his numbers are good in the ECHL but it's still the ECHL. There's no way they're relying on PK and Perets. A trade is coming.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
That's what I'm thinking. I mean his numbers are good in the ECHL but it's still the ECHL. There's no way they're relying on PK and Perets. A trade is coming.
Agreed, that's a safety measure in case the trade falls apart before the roster freeze or Kochetkov pulls a Mrazek in Toronto and the backup is suddenly needed.

I feel like Raanta has to be hurt, but who knows how long it could take for him to get healthy.

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
Just a month ago there was an article in a Finnish newspaper about Raanta. He said his family liked Raleigh and one of the reasons to stay was good schools, but the biggest reason was a good chance to go all the way. He had help from Staal family to pick a school for his daughter. It sucks but what other options are there. I hope the office will find a reasonable solution to this goalie wheel of unfortune.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
IMG_6940.gif

Reactions: Stickpucker

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Just a month ago there was an article in a Finnish newspaper about Raanta. He said his family liked Raleigh and one of the reasons to stay was good schools, but the biggest reason was a good chance to go all the way. He had help from Staal family to pick a school for his daughter. It sucks but what other options are there. I hope the office will find a reasonable solution to this goalie wheel of unfortune.

Well the good news is he's likely quite wealthy which buys a lot of comfort and convenience. Whatever happens to him, he won't have to worry about uprooting family or any of that for a while. I hate to see it end this way. Raanta will always be a popular Cane, and for good reason. He was a great teammate, and mentor. Not to mention a very good goalie for the majority of his time here.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
to be honest I'm half way hoping we send him to the A to rehab whatever injury has killed his lateral mobility and get back in the right frame of mind, and finalize a trade this weekend once he clears waivers. If the team turns this around he 100% deserves a ring.

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
The mentioned article:

Reactions: geehaad

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So they need to call up Perets just in case Raanta is claimed.
Very likely, but also if they alteady have decided to send Raanta down in case he clears, they have to have two goalies on the roster. Though I would assume the moves of sending goalie down and calling another one up could be simultaneous, but then again it may be that (barring an injury) you have to be able to actually show two goalies at any time and either one can't be on his way on a plane. The question on minimum roster requirements doesn't usually arise when sending a skater down, but goalie may be a different sort of beast.

"(b) Clubs are not permitted to Loan Players where the result of such Loan(s) would reduce the Club's Active Roster below eighteen (18) skaters and two (2) goaltenders. However, Clubs will not be required to Recall Players to maintain the minimum eighteen (18) skaters and two (2) goaltenders on days which they do not play an NHL Game, provided that the deficiency below those thresholds is a result of an injury that has caused the removal of such disabled Player from the Active Roster"

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Calling up Perets would not end well for us

11 games of professional experience, all in the ECHL. This has all the makings to end like Lafontaine being signed and played did.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If we don't plan on playing him, what's the harm in calling him up?
I mean I would hope so, but we've done some curious things before...

I think he actually dresses though as backup I don’t think Raanta is gonna even dress if he’s still up here

I don't think Raanta dresses again for us. We don't waive him unless we just can't have him go anymore, not with the situation we have.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I mean I would hope so, but we've done some curious things before...

I don't think Raanta dresses again for us. We don't waive him unless we just can't have him go anymore, not with the situation we have.
No I doubt it he’s done with the canes I’m sure they will try and find another nhl home for him if it’s possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad