Washington, DC.
1702755095596.png

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So who we got to replace him

I believe Friedman said we're in the market for a goalie, "but nothing is imminent."

So this might just be a waiver to see if Raanta gets claimed. If not, he'll go to Syracuse or Chicago to build up some confidence again and we'll call him back up when needed.

Until then, we roll with Kotchetkov.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Ayres emergency call up for tomorrow's game?

I believe Friedman said we're in the market for a goalie, "but nothing is imminent."

So this might just be a waiver to see if Raanta gets claimed. If not, he'll go to Syracuse or Chicago to build up some confidence again and we'll call him back up when needed.

Need a backup though.....

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

Who gets called up? I don’t think I even know who’s in the system.

Reactions: Sigurd and cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Seriously though, "see if he gets claimed" is a rather large gamble if he does and you don't have your next goalie ready, even as a backup. I suspect this means we're extremely close to something.

The other thing to keep in mind is for some players, having cleared waivers means that they have higher trade value since teams can send that player to the AHL if things don't work out. My guess is that that's what's happening here- the Canes fully expect him to clear, and will use that to try and move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad