Waived: Antti Raanta

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
So they're essentially (and literally) throwing Raanta to the Wolves. I haven't looked at the numbers but Im gonna say our defense and ability to limit shots is much better than the Wolves. So how is this gonna help him again?
At the very least, they did not allow many shots today at all. And it sounded like he wanted this opportunity to try to find his groove again after thinking it over so he must see the value in it. At the very least, he's likely to face less scrutiny and pressure in the AHL. We may not be a big market but the games have fairly big stakes and have been high pressure with the team underperforming and the top goalie out.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
At the very least, they did not allow many shots today at all. And it sounded like he wanted this opportunity to try to find his groove again after thinking it over so he must see the value in it. At the very least, he's likely to face less scrutiny and pressure in the AHL. We may not be a big market but the games have fairly big stakes and have been high pressure with the team underperforming and the top goalie out.

Don't mind me I'm completely talking out of my ass as I haven't looked at any real numbers like the high danger chances against, etc. Just looking them sitting last in the Division and hoping he's not gonna get lit up every night. I guess it's trial by fire. At the end of the day I think you're right that this is what he agreed to.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Don't mind me I'm completely talking out of my ass as I haven't looked at any real numbers like the high danger chances against, etc. Just looking them sitting last in the Division and hoping he's not gonna get lit up every night. I guess it's trial by fire. At the end of the day I think you're right that this is what he agreed to.
Well, I'm sure they suck based on the standings too, haha. And the fact we both mutually agreed after the ugliness of the split that they would grab some of our players again because they knew they sucked. At the end of the day, I doubt there were a ton of ideal options for a team that doesn't have a full-time AHL squad and had a goalie that was sucking donkey balls.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
So they're essentially (and literally) throwing Raanta to the Wolves. I haven't looked at the numbers but Im gonna say our defense and ability to limit shots is much better than the Wolves. So how is this gonna help him again?
Well if you think about it, AHL players on the aggregate are considerably less skilled/talented than NHL players. So a "high danger" chance against in the AHL is really much less dangerous than one in the NHL. For him trying to rebuild his confidence again it definitely makes sense to go up against less talented skaters, even if the Wolves' D sucks again this year (I haven't followed them but they were atrocious last year). Regardless of how it plays out there, not really sure it can hurt, and it's better than him just sitting around cold for weeks/months.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Not surprising with the back to back out of the break. I don't think they really wanted to put Perets out there yet if they could avoid it and we saw you can't keep Koch out there too much. Having made no other moves, they had nowhere else to turn. Seems like he was a least close to competent in his couple games in the A so we'll see if he can at least make a few routine saves again for the Canes.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
... this feels a bit like in Sherlock where Benedict Cumberbunch murdered the Danish extortionist mind palace guy by shooting him dead and as a punishment the British government sent him abroad to certain death agent mission but then Moriarty shenanigans reactivated and they were forced to call the plane back after fifteen minutes and Mycroft was there at the airport to tell him "Hope you learned your lesson".

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
... this feels a bit like in Sherlock where Benedict Cumberbunch murdered the Danish extortionist mind palace guy by shooting him dead and as a punishment the British government sent him abroad to certain death agent mission but then Moriarty shenanigans reactivated and they were forced to call the plane back after fifteen minutes and Mycroft was there at the airport to tell him "Hope you learned your lesson".
...except that Antti murdered our hopes of winning the division?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Cumberbunch
Spelling verified from people well connected in the entertainment business.

mqdefault (2).jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad