Confirmed with Link: Antti Raanta Extended (3 years/4.25AAV)

cobra427

May 6, 2012
OK, now we have our goalie and our D set for next year. I would keep the entire D corps. They gelled, they score by the bucketful and they defend well. Let's not screw up good by trying for better.
Agreed. Except if we can draft Dahlin.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Well it's easy to say in hindsight but I had a feeling all along that Raanta will sign with the Yotes. He got his first chance as a true #1 with you guys and to me it has always seemed that Finnish NHL players don't ditch the team that has been good to them even if they had to take a slight pay cut to stay.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Odd that Nash would be behind Gambo on a game night. Or did they correct it later while I wasn't watching the third?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
One one of the past pages there's a link to an arizonasports.com article that says it's "roughly" 4 million a year. Final number is still :dunno:
Roughly probably means just under 4 mil avg for 3 years. I could see it start higher at 4.4, then 3.8, last year at 3.5, something like that. Regardless, I am glad he is signed, like 3 years, 4 mill or less, and no NMC. Even if he flops or is injured, the contract doesn't kill us and we can move him. If he plays at a high level and stays healthy, this deal will look good for the team. Seems fair to both parties.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I know I'm kinda trippin that nothing more has come out other than Morgan's and Gambo's Tweets with no other insiders even acknowledging. That being said, would make both Morgan and Gambo look pretty bad. I mean they wrote an article about it, quoting numbers and saying it's done. Let's just hope Gambo's source is legit.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I know I'm kinda trippin that nothing more has come out other than Morgan's and Gambo's Tweets with no other insiders even acknowledging. That being said, would make both Morgan and Gambo look pretty bad. Let's just hope Gambo's source is legit.

In Morgan's defense he was way less committal than Gambo.

I think it's likely the NHL equivalent of an agreement in principle and there is no pen to paper yet.

And I do think it comes in above the 4M number but not a whole lot. Maybe something like 4.25, 4.25, 4.75

RABBIT

In Morgan's defense he was way less committal than Gambo.

I think it's likely the NHL equivalent of an agreement in principle and there is no pen to paper yet.

And I do think it comes in above the 4M number but not a whole lot. Maybe something like 4.25, 4.25, 4.75

Morgan wrote the piece for Arizona Sports though, and it seems like he and Gambo's report go hand in hand. So hopefully these two gents know what's up, just don't know the logistics.

RABBIT

A Finn's word is his bond.

ab95tJ6.jpg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Roughly probably means just under 4 mil avg for 3 years. I could see it start higher at 4.4, then 3.8, last year at 3.5, something like that. Regardless, I am glad he is signed, like 3 years, 4 mill or less, and no NMC. Even if he flops or is injured, the contract doesn't kill us and we can move him. If he plays at a high level and stays healthy, this deal will look good for the team. Seems fair to both parties.
I'm wondering if his injuries came into play? Maybe they were more severe than we thought?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is very good, gives him a chance to prove he can stay healthy, and still short enough that he can get a big pay day at the end

Chayka really does make it fair for all sides..
That is what probably happened. His injuries were a bit more sever than we knew, and this way everyone wins.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sorry to bump this thread and inevitably get people’s hopes up but I just want to say Raanta’s pads are really awesome and I’m an happy we’ll get to look at those signature pads for a few more years. Very unique and cool. Also love the stoner cartoon dog on his mask and his happy go lucky, anti-goalie personality. Antti-Smith.

Reactions: Mosby and Sthlmyote

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

so who do we believe...the new kid who's pretty vague, or Gambo who said his source says it's done and who's backed by Morgan?

SH******************TT

We believe Arizona Sports. Again, they would not run with this story without it being effectively done. And let's be honest - the Coyotes use AZ Sports as a de facto leak/trial balloon outlet quite often, whereas the Republic basically picks up hockey news like pigeons grab scraps from park benches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad