Confirmed with Link: Antti Raanta Extended (3 years/4.25AAV)

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Don't worry. Market value is 3-3.5M according to you. We're also the only team interested. I'm sure he'll be even cheaper now that we've waited and he's more proven.
Actually I said 3-4 mill is market value and 2-4 years, lets see who's right:)

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Arizona Coyotes agree to 3-year extension with Antti Raanta

Epp said Chayka just wanted to be sure Raanta wanted to stay in Arizona before pursuing a deal.

“He wanted to make sure that Antti wanted to stay a part of the Coyotes and do what they’re doing and build with them,” Epp said. “I said ‘yeah, nothing has changed from our end.’ He wanted to make sure we were on the same page. He didn’t want to try and keep a guy and then he signs somewhere else.”

Epp acknowledged how few opportunities there are for goalies to become starters.

“Especially on a young team where you feel like it’s your team,” Epp said. “For him, ‘they got me to be the guy and I’m going to grow with this team.”

John Chayka is a god among men. Even I didn't think he'd be able to pull off $4M x 3 with no clauses. That is an absolute discount deal.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So they added old quotes to the article? I don't remember seeing those anytime in the last month when they were new. Weird.
Still no number, but it looks to be official-ish-ly done now at least.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So they added old quotes to the article? I don't remember seeing those anytime in the last month when they were new. Weird.
Still no number, but it looks to be official-ish-ly done now at least.

They wouldn't have run the story at AZ Sports if they didn't have backdoor confirmation.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think he's going to get closer to $6 mil than $4 mil. 5 years $28 million is my guess.
You really should stop reading Del's posts. He is never right.:)

My guess also. I predicted 4x4 a little ahead of him creeping all the way to the top of the league in numbers since.
You, Cobra and hbk were almost on the money.

I won't. We waited. Mike Smith got that deal in similar circumstances (first year full-time starter, had team over barrel as pending UFA after stellar performance). As percentage of cap, it's a lot smaller now than when Smith signed it.
Should have "gambled" when he was cheaper.

WRONG again, as usual.

Don't worry. Market value is 3-3.5M according to you. We're also the only team interested. I'm sure he'll be even cheaper now that we've waited and he's more proven.
Cobra was damn close. You on the other hand.....

Wow $4 mil. Color me shocked. Great deal for us.
:laugh: Stop listening to Del.

As expected.
You, Cobra and rt were right on the money.

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I said 4x4, 4x4.5 and that it was climbing everyday. As were the odds we would do something stupid and desperate. I don't think any part of that is wrong. :dunno:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I said 4x4, 4x4.5 and that it was climbing everyday. As were the odds we would do something stupid and desperate. I don't think any part of that is wrong. :dunno:
You have been so wrong the entire way, telling us all how stupid Chayka was for waiting in multiple posts and how the price went way up, and how he would wait to test the market, etc...

I'm not going to waste time quoting your exact posts, too many of them to search for.

I am glad we have both Raanta and Kuemper signed, our future looks brighter now, we need the stability!

Reactions: Jmmack and Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think you had genuine concerns and in this case, they were just. I also think that you are generally so obnoxious that Jakey and probably others are more than happy to point out any flaws in your thinking.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Can't you guys just enjoy the fact that he's signed? No need to try and prove who was right. There are only one or two posters who actually think they know more or are smarter than anyone else. The rest of us realize we are all full of shit and just like coming here to talk about our favorite team.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
You have been so wrong the entire way, telling us all how stupid Chayka was for waiting in multiple posts and how the price went way up, and how he would wait to test the market, etc...

I'm not going to waste time quoting your exact posts, too many of them to search for.

I am glad we have both Raanta and Kuemper signed, our future looks brighter now, we need the stability!
Yes, there's that obnoxious/negativity being pointed out.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You said three years at three million, no clauses in mid Feb. The deal is worth "roughly" four million dollars over three years.

If you were right in Feb, our hesitation to sign him cost us "roughly" three million over three years. Congrats.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wouldn't be to cocky. Cobra was a hell of a lot closer to the contract than you. In fact, you were so far out to lunch it's laughable. You were squawking the last two weeks how Chayka screwed up, Raanta's price was going up every day blah blah blah.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Can't you guys just enjoy the fact that he's signed? No need to try and prove who was right. There are only one or two posters who actually think they know more or are smarter than anyone else. The rest of us realize we are all full of **** and just like coming here to talk about our favorite team.

raw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad