Cut/Released: Antonio Brown (suspended 8 games)

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
You have to be a real piece of garbage human being to be one of(if not) the best WR in the game and go through 3 teams in a matter of a month. And just being given away or cut loose.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
AB really tried to hit up Phillip Lindsay to try and get him to tell Elway to sign him but hit up a fan account by accident.

This mans def has CTE.

EE869OLUwAAkzC4.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Patriots don't even need him to win, that's what made it more annoying they took him in the first place and satisfying that it did blow up on them. It's like they just got him cause they wanted to go 16-0 and beat everyone by 35 points instead of just going 14-2 and beating everyone by 25.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
The Patriots don't even need him to win, that's what made it more annoying they took him in the first place and satisfying it did blow up on them. It's like they just got him cause they wanted to go 16-0 and beat everyone by 35 points.
They play the Chiefs b, they wouldn’t beat us by 35 with or without AB.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Player agents must all sell their souls to the devil when they choose that profession. Teams don't want AB, brands are dropping him, but his agent stands by and defends him all the while doing everything he can to get him a new job. It honestly makes me sick. I don't know how you could live with your self defending people like AB.

They're usually attorneys...so I don't think defending some selfish diva with an inflated ego is like the straw that breaks the camel's back here. Even the worst criminals, rapists, serial killers, child molesters..all have attorneys who will pull all sorts of stunts to get their clients out of a jam even if they know the person's guilty.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Player agents must all sell their souls to the devil when they choose that profession. Teams don't want AB, brands are dropping him, but his agent stands by and defends him all the while doing everything he can to get him a new job. It honestly makes me sick. I don't know how you could live with your self defending people like AB.

AB is dumb, not evil. One of the key parts of being an agent is representing and defending the player better then they could do so for themselves. Otherwise the players wouldn’t even need agents.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Mike Tomlin for coach of the decade. This guy kept Antonio Brown under wraps for 9 seasons while BB could only stand 11 days with Brown.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
AB is dumb, not evil. One of the key parts of being an agent is representing and defending the player better then they could do so for themselves. Otherwise the players wouldn’t even need agents.

Sending intimidating texts with pics of an accusers kids qualifies as evil in my book, he has some serious issues above and beyond being a dummy

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Only made it through a handful of pages of the Patriots sign Antonio Brown thread but I was entertained

Had 30 million guaranteed from the Raiders and he threw it away :laugh:

He clearly has some sort of mental illness/CTE related issues and needs professional help

...or...hes just a schmuck?? That's also a possibility

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Not a big loss for them since they didn't need him to begin with.

They were more than willing to look past the terrible allegations to keep him around and even play him in a game so the recent texts to cause another issue must've been too much. Or as the last few days showed, Belichick didn't want to deal with the media doing its job and constantly asking him about it.

All this PLUS its possible he was immature and a clown in the locker room so Bill said "screw it"

Oct 18, 2011
Can't help but think if the Steelers hadn't enabled him so long maybe some of this nonsense could have been prevented. Guy is a complete narcissist

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Can't help but think if the Steelers hadn't enabled him so long maybe some of this nonsense could have been prevented. Guy is a complete narcissist

Like Brown is the first star to ever get preferential treatment.

He was apparently always a huge asshole, and was in fact disciplined, but the Steelers kept things under wraps.

There is only so much you can do to contain a toxic volcano when it finally blows.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Patriots don't even need him to win, that's what made it more annoying they took him in the first place and satisfying that it did blow up on them. It's like they just got him cause they wanted to go 16-0 and beat everyone by 35 points instead of just going 14-2 and beating everyone by 25.
I wouldn't say it blew up on them. They got rid of him before they did, that's why they did it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Patriots deserve zero credit, they signed this guy knowing the baggage he had.

Everybody sucks in this situation.

They literally did not know about any of the things that got him cut. The raiders did not know either. It was civil settlement discussions with an NDA before everything was made public shortly after him signing in NE

They knew he was an asshole but there are plenty of assholes in the NFL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad