Cut/Released: Antonio Brown (suspended 8 games)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

‘I don’t need the money’.
‘I don’t need the NFL, I’m perfectly happy’

I hope the Patriots don’t pay this useless sack of shit a dime, way to shoot yourself in the foot asshole.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And now AB has deleted all his tweets from this morning, what a ****ing nut case.

If you noticed he waited until gameday to post that crap and draw attention away from games to himself

Its his ego that must constantly be feed at this point

He is clearly enjoying being the story and talk from sports media

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Next stop: Dallas

giphy.gif

Reactions: darko

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
hopefully he doesn't get ****

if he wants to be paid behave yourself. Not hard.
He’ll have to file grievances to get his money. Going to take time to get it sorted out. NE won’t pay him unless they are ordered to.

Language of the contract will be the determining factor. Read on ESPN that they interviewed former front office people who read his NE contract and said that He should win a grievance for his SB. So who knows how it ends up.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He’ll have to file grievances to get his money. Going to take time to get it sorted out. NE won’t pay him unless they are ordered to.

Language of the contract will be the determining factor. Read on ESPN that they interviewed former front office people who read his NE contract and said that He should win a grievance for his SB. So who knows how it ends up.
I have a hard time believing the Patriots wouldnt have protected themselves from something like this. There was pretty clear language in the contract - If Brown "takes any action that materially undermines the public's respect for, or is materially critical of, the Club, the Player's teammates or the Club's ownership, coaches," etc., guarantees will "null and void."

Reactions: CDJ

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I have a hard time believing the Patriots wouldnt have protected themselves from something like this. There was pretty clear language in the contract - If Brown "takes any action that materially undermines the public's respect for, or is materially critical of, the Club, the Player's teammates or the Club's ownership, coaches," etc., guarantees will "null and void."
Apparently from the people ESPN talked to it’s going to be a battle between the cba language and the NE contract language and how an arbitrator rules on it.

It will be a fight for that money.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Teams are restricted by the NFL CBA in what sort of clauses are allowed for forfeiture. Will be educational to see how it plays out.

Wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately settle before the arbitrator decides.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Apparently from the people ESPN talked to it’s going to be a battle between the cba language and the NE contract language and how an arbitrator rules on it.

It will be a fight for that money.

It may be, but the owners rarely ever lose this type of thing against the players

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Such an absurd situation, never seen anything like it in sports and don't think I ever will again. Guy is legitimately the best WR in the NFL right now. Just absolute insanity.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m sure some teams are keeping tabs on him and are interested, but if they were “very” interested He’d be playing this week

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Considering what he is being accused of in civil case and the threat he sent to accuser it would be very inappropriate for any high school to allow him on premises

Reactions: CDJ

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006

As if parents and teachers want him anywhere near children.... but if schools commissioned him to visit, meet & greet, maybe even give some pointers out on the field...

...they should renege on their payment after. Just for Lulz and Karma.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad