Cut/Released: Antonio Brown (suspended 8 games)

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Lol they signed him in the first place!
Um....yeah...….with the understanding that the 1st instance of a distraction he was out of there. Pats lose nothing from this & had him for a game where he contributed to the win. They knew what they were getting into and took a risk that he'd behave himself. He didn't & he's gone. End of sgtory.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Um....yeah...….with the understanding that the 1st instance of a distraction he was out of there. Pats lose nothing from this & had him for a game where he contributed to the win. They knew what they were getting into and took a risk that he'd behave himself. He didn't & he's gone. End of sgtory.
The first instance of distraction they immediately put him in the lineup lol.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
People are foolish if they thought Brown wasn't getting another chance after Oakland. The Patriots calculated that Brown was a product of what he believed was a lousy situation. That, and his talent is just way, way too good to ignore.

They were wrong, but at the same time they also had nothing to lose. The Patriots offense will roll on as if Brown was never there, they'll still win 12-14 games and everyone will forget about this within like a month.

Now the question is which team is willing to double down on their stupidity/moral compass and sign him again anyways? I imagine this time the answer is in fact, nobody. But in this league who knows.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Going deeper and deeper down the AB rabbit hole. Eventually it’ll leak that AB has been a literal Somalian Pirate the whole time.

Yeah because being in a group chat with a guy convicted for selling steroids isn't important or anything. Good job.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
This whole Brown fiasco has been a circus and nothing but. I doubt very much he is signed anywhere else in the NFL this year.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I legitimately wouldn’t be surprised if it were revealed he were a steroid kingpin. There’s nothing I put past this dude.
Lets be honest here, SouthGeorge is going to spin this as Brady wanted Brown on the Patriots so he could get him in with his steriod guy

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
This guy is probably done in the league. If the Patriots can't handle him and the only other team that likes to take on misfits released him, who's left? Maybe the Redskins? Cowboys?
I was going to say the Raiders but yeah. Burn bridges at both ends of the spectrum, his career is toast.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Oh, I don’t know... Josh Gordon? Julian Edelman? N’Keal Harry when healthy?

So long as Tom and Bill are there, they won’t skip a beat. IMO they’re still as likely to have this undefeated season. Their defense is insane and Brady just gets rid of the ball too quick. Maybe the Ravens, Eagles or Cowgirls can beat them.
Yeah and they cut their 3rd receiver to sign him, you know a 5 time pro bowler in his own right. I was just saying they are down depth.

Of all the posts to respond to lmao.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
Ok, I'll remember this when they do. The dude who was crying on twitter about a helmet seems to be perfectly fine with going from 30 mill guaranteed to 9 mill to 150k in 2019? Something is definitely up.

Still 2-0 and favourites to win it all again keep being salty.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The texts were clearly threats and putting family pics out there is scumbag move

Pats did right thing in releasing him and this should be end of his NFL career at this point

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The people in Antonio Brown’s circle are enabling him to do such behavior that they can’t say no to him. A bunch of ‘yes’ people who do nothing but kiss his ass praising the floor he walks on..probably cause AB pays them money or else be cut from his financial circle.

What happens when those NFL game checks and endorsement deals dry up? Where’s his next income coming?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The people in Antonio Brown’s circle are enabling him to do such behavior that they can’t say no to him. A bunch of ‘yes’ people who do nothing but kiss his ass praising the floor he walks on..probably cause AB pays them money or else be cut from his financial circle.

What happens when those NFL game checks and endorsement deals dry up? Where’s his next income coming?

Your making assumption that AB ever listens to them to begin with

Its very clear he is not listening to anyone

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton

Player agents must all sell their souls to the devil when they choose that profession. Teams don't want AB, brands are dropping him, but his agent stands by and defends him all the while doing everything he can to get him a new job. It honestly makes me sick. I don't know how you could live with your self defending people like AB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad