NBA Anthony Davis requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Look we get it - you have some inbred hatred towards the Celtics but it's getting extremely tiresome reading about it every freaking time you post in these types of threads.

You say that as if it’s a bad thing... :naughty:

UntriedLinearEastsiberianlaika-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Jack Straw

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If I was Pels I start with Tatum and Rozier and tell them to add.

Agreed, you'd at least get one starter in Tatum, with Rozier a good 6th man. Starter when you need him.

It wouldn't be better than what the Lakers are offering now, I agree.

But I think the Pels could likely still get the current Lakers offer or very close to it in the summer.

At the end of the day I think the Lakers risk more by not making a deal now than the Pels do. So I think they add a 3rd 1st rounder. That's how I think this plays out. Weather the Pels accept or not I'm less sure of.

Anyways, its super interesting and I'm very curious to see how it plays out.

I think the Lakers want to see the lay of the land before including any more picks. In the summer they'll see who's available to fill roster spots and if they can get another star/key player, negating the need for more picks.

Look we get it - you have some inbred hatred towards the Celtics but it's getting extremely tiresome reading about it every freaking time you post in these types of threads.

Wow - you actually managed to push aside your hatred and posted something accurate about the Celtics. Here are the conditions on the 2019 1st round Celtic picks:

Memphis ( currently sitting at # 6 ) top 8 protected in 2019, top 6 protected in 2020 and totally unprotected in 2021
Sacramento ( currently sitting at #17 ) top 1 protected
Clippers ( currently sitting at #18 ) top 14 protected in 2019 and 2020 then becomes a 2022 2nd round pick
Boston ( currently sitting at #26 )

I would hardly call Brown, Smart or Rozier garbage but since you hate the Celtics I expect you to think that.

I just think there very overrated. People always talk about "winning culture" with them meanwhile they have 1 title in the last 30 years. They act like Ainge is some sort of genius and yea cool the Nets deal was a steal but 6 years later the Nets are what, a couple games behind the Celtics ? Mind you I will say Larry Legend is one of my favourite players ever and I am the proud owner of a #33 jersey.

tl/dr

Those picks amount to mid 1st rounders and a potential top 10 pick depending on how things go. With the Grizz looking like they are going to pull a Sixers tank job, they'll keep their pick until 2021 at this point. Nothing crazy.

They aren't garbage, but when trading for a top 5 player they are relatively. Tatum is the only one who has star potential, the rest are good solid players but none of them are better than the Lakers young core. Any deal not including Tatum is completely worthless to the Pels IMO. But they are very incompetent so I expect them to go ahead and make the move if the Lakers don't budge by July.

Last edited:
Reactions: dahrougem2
Sep 19, 2008
if I was the Pelicans i would eagerly accept that deal

you're getting good players for Davis in return

Reactions: Voight

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think the Lakers want to see the lay of the land before including any more picks. In the summer they'll see who's available to fill roster spots and if they can get another star/key player, negating the need for more picks.

I don't think they can take the risk. If they miss out on AD, who are they realistically getting? Of all the stars who've been attached to possible destinations, none of them other than AD have been attached to the Lakers. So where would that leave them? Sign Boogie and Kemba? Something along those lines? That's not going to get it done.

Also, I wonder what all this talks do to the young guys if they don't pull the trigger and deal them. Maybe they get over it and it's no big deal. Or maybe, they are no longer happy and it effects their play.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Zach Lowe's take

Lowe: How Tatum, Kyrie and Boston will shape AD trade talks

And there is this basic reality the Lakers are trying to overcome -- the fundamental truth they must insist is just a little untrue: The best offer the Lakers dangle on Thursday will still be there on July 1. They must push back on that. They must give the Pelicans some reason to doubt the sky is blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Just for Lakers fans because they love this topic so much:

Tatum is the most valuable NBA player who has been credibly linked to the Davis trade sweepstakes. He is better today than Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, or Kyle Kuzma, with more upside. He is worth waiting on.

but....but....GOLDMINE OF PICKS!

Yup. I posted about this a few weeks back in the regular season thread. It doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did in the offseason. The Grizzlies fell off since then though and that pick looks great again.

Reactions: Ivan13

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Just for Lakers fans because they love this topic so much:

Yup. I posted about this a few weeks back in the regular season thread. It doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did in the offseason. The Grizzlies fell off since then though and that pick looks great again.

Grizzlies pick is protected until 2021 or 2022 if I'm not mistaken, so if they tank they will keep it until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad