Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Classic take. Everyone up and down the roster should be noticeable (positively) in the game otherwise they didn't do anything and they suck!

Need to see more consistency and offense from Beau.
Confidence is a big factor with him.

Also,I notice he needs the occasional kick in the butt ( demotion/ sitting ), to get him to raise his level of play.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Need to see more consistency and offense from Beau.
Confidence is a big factor with him.

Also,I notice he needs the occasional kick in the butt ( demotion/ sitting ), to get him to raise his level of play.

No denying the flaws, and every player has them, but the rush to saying players suck is mind bogglingly stupid. Beauvillier was fine in the first game of the series. He didn't do anything to hurt the team, even though he didn't do much offensively either. Do you want to see that from him every night? No. Is it terrible, especially based off what we've seen from him so far during his career? No, not really. He's a hot and cold guy, very streaky, and I'm happy he played smart hockey while getting his toes wet in the playoffs. I want to see growth throughout the playoffs here, so hopefully he'll do that.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
No denying the flaws, and every player has them, but the rush to saying players suck is mind bogglingly stupid. Beauvillier was fine in the first game of the series. He didn't do anything to hurt the team, even though he didn't do much offensively either. Do you want to see that from him every night? No. Is it terrible, especially based off what we've seen from him so far during his career? No, not really. He's a hot and cold guy, very streaky, and I'm happy he played smart hockey while getting his toes wet in the playoffs. I want to see growth throughout the playoffs here, so hopefully he'll do that.

When he is playing with confidence, he can be a difference maker.
I haven't soured on him,but I do wonder if he does not end up trade bait this July, if Lou strikes out on Panarin/Duchene/Skinner

Reactions: PK Cronin

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I'm ok with either Beau or MDC, with a slight preference for Beau.

Their only shift in OT was against the Crosby line, and virtually the entire shift was spent in the Pens' end. What more do you want from a third line? :huh:

Well, ok, a goal. They had that in the third period. :thumbu:

Reactions: dood

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Beau is gonna be a good player, no doubt about it....but I can't help thinking that not snagging a better (for now) and more seasoned guy like Nyqvist at the deadline was a big mistake.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
BTW, I called Barry and told him I need MDC in for Beau tonight. He said okay.

Good thing you have T- Mobile as your provider. Through all the static Barry probably thought you were the Solar Panel guy that calls every day and just said ok

Reactions: nyisles

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Beau is gonna be a good player, no doubt about it....but I can't help thinking that not snagging a better (for now) and more seasoned guy like Nyqvist at the deadline was a big mistake.
Know there were other options but iirc Nyquist had a full NTC and requested SJ bc he wanted to play with EK. Obv there were other LWs available though.

Reactions: Sheva7

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You know I'm not a Bailey basher and I think the irrational hatred toward him on this board is ridiculous. At the same time I don't think he is quite the player you think he is. I mention it because now your take here really leaves me wondering what your level of expectation is from all players? "He didn't do anything to hurt the team" and using the low bar he has established for himself through his now 200+ games as an NHL player is hardly setting a standard for Beau, or any player, that will produce consistently winning hockey. As for him being streaky, yes, that is true and many fine NHLers are, but he is ridiculously streaky when it comes to positive contributions, in fact, the most consistent thing about him is that he is grotesquely weak on the puck.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You know I'm not a Bailey basher and I think the irrational hatred toward him on this board is ridiculous. At the same time I don't think he is quite the player you think he is. I mention it because now your take here really leaves me wondering what your level of expectation is from all players? "He didn't do anything to hurt the team" and using the low bar he has established for himself through his now 200+ games as an NHL player is hardly setting a standard for Beau, or any player, that will produce consistently winning hockey. As for him being streaky, yes, that is true and many fine NHLers are, but he is ridiculously streaky when it comes to positive contributions, in fact, the most consistent thing about him is that he is grotesquely weak on the puck.

Not sure what Bailey has to do with Beauvillier, but whatever.

You conveniently left out the part where I said he needs to progress. Obviously his performance isn't good enough over the long haul if that's all he'll contribute, but if he progresses he'll be fine. What's the alternative in the playoffs, Dal Colle, who provides less offense and more neutral play? It was his first playoff game, and he was apparently sick the next day so it's possible he was ill for the game, I don't mind him getting his feet wet and not lighting the world on fire for one game.

Reactions: Macch and dood

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Rushed his shot and missed the open net on the feed from Barzal, but my LORD that tap pass to Leo on the 3rd goal was a thing of beauty. It could have been purely accidental but it looked gorgeous.

Aside from the offensive production you can tell the kid is working his arse off out there. He's settled into the role he's been given really well, and that line has looked great together.

Beau is going to be a good one. Such an easy guy to root for.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Rushed his shot and missed the open net on the feed from Barzal, but my LORD that tap pass to Leo on the 3rd goal was a thing of beauty. It could have been purely accidental but it looked gorgeous.

Aside from the offensive production you can tell the kid is working his arse off out there. He's settled into the role he's been given really well, and that line has looked great together.

Beau is going to be a good one. Such an easy guy to root for.
I’ll give it another watch but I thought that was accidental - him just reaching at the puck and it going to Leo. I could be wrong though. He gets an assist either way.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I’ll give it another watch but I thought that was accidental - him just reaching at the puck and it going to Leo. I could be wrong though. He gets an assist either way.

I thought it was accidental at first but after rewatching it maybe I'm crazy but I think I hear Leo yelling "beau beau beau beau" as he's coming down from the blue line behind the play. Maybe it was more of him screaming for Beau to let it go through but either way it worked out.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I thought it was accidental at first but after rewatching it maybe I'm crazy but I think I hear Leo yelling "beau beau beau beau" as he's coming down from the blue line behind the play. Maybe it was more of him screaming for Beau to let it go through but either way it worked out.

100% intentional. Beauvillier opens up his stick to push it back toward Komarov and looks for him behind him and then immediately turns to look to see if he got it.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Beau is a definite keeper - I think he'll continue to improve his strength and endurance as time goes on. Hopefully he gets over the yips that have plagued his shooting this year and go on a tear. Besides Eberle, he's the best Islander at putting himself in a position to receive a pass to score. (For comparison, watch Barzal without the puck.)

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Not sure what Bailey has to do with Beauvillier, but whatever.

You conveniently left out the part where I said he needs to progress. Obviously his performance isn't good enough over the long haul if that's all he'll contribute, but if he progresses he'll be fine. What's the alternative in the playoffs, Dal Colle, who provides less offense and more neutral play? It was his first playoff game, and he was apparently sick the next day so it's possible he was ill for the game, I don't mind him getting his feet wet and not lighting the world on fire for one game.
Obviously a knee jerk reaction,lol,its the kids first time in the "show",just add muscle,and let him grow....

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Beau is a definite keeper - I think he'll continue to improve his strength and endurance as time goes on. Hopefully he gets over the yips that have plagued his shooting this year and go on a tear. Besides Eberle, he's the best Islander at putting himself in a position to receive a pass to score. (For comparison, watch Barzal without the puck.)

I would say Nelson above Beau in terms of positioning to receive a pass to score. But yes, I agree. Beau has tons going for him if that magic light can go off and he puts it all together with consistency.

Reactions: Macch and dood

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think he’ll be a late bloomer similar to Bailey and Nelson, but this team currently has the depth to wait for him, although that may change this offseason.

Reactions: periferal

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I've said it before but I think Beau's long term position should be center. He seems to score a lot of his goals in front of the net. He does seem to be able to make plays in traffic. His board play isn't great and I know adding some strength will help. I believe he played center in juniors. He just seems more comfortable in the middle of the ice.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I wonder what his bridge deal will look like? 2-3M per for 2-3 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad